Best LED results

I got u. If you take a look at the last page of my grow journal (signature) you will see a link to an article about some tests that were conducted. The conclusion is that 1500 par would be the sweet spot! So it maybe highly linked to the fact you got big leaves and good development :)
You heard the " plants dont use green light" therory Im sure. But infact, they do, and the more green/yellow spectrum, it helps the plant take up C02 at a more efficient/faster rate, which is why I think my leafs get really large. THAT is the main wheel cog in the "White" light. Thats what Ive gathered thru my research,..

Reading this now, Interesting, Thanks for the Info Bro..

Just took temp of leaf, Im at 83.3F at the very tippytop leaf, and very bottom, without much light is 81F.

You re welcome!

Ok guys I want in with DIY i would like to see a 500 watt draw from wall and really be equivalent to a 1000 hps
Can you guys provide me a link to order these parts Also would need to know how to measure or the tool needed for reading of the led light
Thanks

Ok guys I want in with DIY i would like to see a 500 watt draw from wall and really be equivalent to a 1000 hps
Can you guys provide me a link to order these parts Also would need to know how to measure or the tool needed for reading of the led light
Thanks

You won't get there. LEDs at current technology are only 30% more efficient (mostly). You would need 700 watts of wall power to equal a 1000 watt HPS (generally). This is simple physics and math. I know many manufacturers claim things, but the numbers don't lie.

You need a PAR meter that will measure PPFD, and those are over $500 (reliable ones).

You will need to look at cobbs or quantum boards to get close to where you want to go. QB's are better for a large area, cobbs are better to focus on individual plants. Those are the latest technology and will get closer to 1000 watts for less power.

I think people get a little obsessed about the watt issue. There are more issues than just power on/off a certain light.

Yes, there are many things to consider when you are growing a plant. Light is a major factor like the rest of the environment. You can grow with less light, but most people want to maximize their efforts. If you do, then you must have enough light output.

There is also the spectrum, but I don't believe they have optimized that part yet. (My opinion)

My problem, why purchase an $800 light out of the gate? There is a lot to learn, and you can do that with a $100 light.

Yep, and I save $300 a month on electricity, can get by with 7,000 btu AC ($239) instead of 20,000 btu ($800) and don't need to run my dehumidifier. I had to start somewhere. I am only expecting 2.5 x 2.5 coverage and 560 real watts each in a small space with low ceilings. Now I can research a big boy solution like cobs for a larger space while I have something working. Since I know what I have it was easy to dial in.
P.S. The way these companies list their specs is bullshit. gotta do your own math
Here is GG$ week 3 of veg.
full

Thats cool and understandable. My lights were 325 each but the problem is this i blew 2 of them and waiting on new boards so that lost in time i hope i dont loose another one i have 22 girls in flower 8 light 2 gone for at least till next week some times i hope. so I'm not sure if i would of bought a black dog led light are they better meaning reliable compaired to are 300 dollar light. I'm just saying my opinion I should of went as far as Mars lights. But my next group of light will be all white full spectrum led nice girls WeedyGonzalez

a little late to the game, but here's my .02
I've been running chinese LED's for about 2 years now and they do work nicely in small spaces on small plants.
I've run them on autos and photos with short veg cycles and harvested some very kind stuff.
Super frosty and tasty.
However, I've yet to achieve hard, dense buds. Which is okay if you're growing for yourself, but if I were doing it commercially I'd loose my ass because a dry oz dry takes up two jars LOL.

My current crop is stretching to the ceiling and loaded with buds under 2x800 blurple lights and I'm just not getting penetration. I added some UVB lights from the reptile aisle at the pet shop which is helping with trich production.
This harvest will be super potent, but very light. Just reaching into the SCROG to train, trim, or adjust and my arm feels like it's been hit with hairspray

Looking to try some better lights or possibly try an HPS to see what kind of difference I could get.
It's such a confusing market and everyone's very opinionated one way or the other. Which is THE light? Kind? Spectrum King? Black Dog? etc.
What if I spend $$$ on a fancy LED and end up with the same results as I did with two of my $120 ones off amazon?
Also, Still super nervous about HPS because of the heat, looking into cool tubes, etc.

a little late to the game, but here's my .02
I've been running chinese LED's for about 2 years now and they do work nicely in small spaces on small plants.
I've run them on autos and photos with short veg cycles and harvested some very kind stuff.
Super frosty and tasty.
However, I've yet to achieve hard, dense buds. Which is okay if you're growing for yourself, but if I were doing it commercially I'd loose my ass because a dry oz dry takes up two jars LOL.

My current crop is stretching to the ceiling and loaded with buds under 2x800 blurple lights and I'm just not getting penetration. I added some UVB lights from the reptile aisle at the pet shop which is helping with trich production.
This harvest will be super potent, but very light. Just reaching into the SCROG to train, trim, or adjust and my arm feels like it's been hit with hairspray

Looking to try some better lights or possibly try an HPS to see what kind of difference I could get.
It's such a confusing market and everyone's very opinionated one way or the other. Which is THE light? Kind? Spectrum King? Black Dog? etc.
What if I spend $$$ on a fancy LED and end up with the same results as I did with two of my $120 ones off amazon?
Also, Still super nervous about HPS because of the heat, looking into cool tubes, etc.

Basically what happens is red and blue light are exactly the colors that don't penetrate the canopy (If you've ever seen that chlorophyll A/B chart thats exactly what the plant absorbs, so all the light gets stuck at the top)

In any case you could try to supplement with a full spectrum white light such as Optic, NextLight, Electric Sky, Spectrum King, etc

Basically what happens is red and blue light are exactly the colors that don't penetrate the canopy (If you've ever seen that chlorophyll A/B chart thats exactly what the plant absorbs, so all the light gets stuck at the top)

In any case you could try to supplement with a full spectrum white light such as Optic, NextLight, Electric Sky, Spectrum King, etc

Thanks!
I'm actually considering a spectrum king closet case since my bloom cabinet is only 2x4 and i can get one for under $300. Maybe hang it between my exist lights?

I just picked up 5 of the MEIZHI LED Grow Light Reflector Series 1200W Full Spectrum for $329 each from amazon. I chose the Meizhi over the Viparspectra because of the 120 degree reflector and the price. So far my girls look beautiful and are vegging very nicely. They put out less heat than my HPS and are 560 Real Watts so I save money on electricity.
Since I don't have to buy a separate veg and flower bulb I save money there too. They were easy to install and they really feel like a good entry level LED.
I have 3 of the meizhi led lights. 2 900 And 1 600 reflector. They are well built, cool and provide a lot of light. You can see them in my current grow journal.
I just added a mars reflector too.
I just start growing and add led’s when I get extra cash. I am growing in a 4x8 tent and I have also used the cheap white China lights.
I really think that the meizhi lights are very similar to the mars lights. I have had great success with them and would recommend them.

Here's my take-I started indoors with a King 1200W(ha!) blurple and added a couple of Mars300's to try and get decent coverage for my space. Draws about 550w and it will grow 5-6 decent plants at once but it does generate a decent amount of heat.
This year I decided to build a pair of Vero29 arrays-320W on each bar to cover my 8 bucket RDWC system. The growth rate is MUCH better compared to the blurples and even though it runs 100-150w more power, the room temps are lower. If you have access to buying your own components to build a fixture, it makes much more sense to build a fixture that is suited to YOUR grow space. I'm adding another 240w of Samsung gen3F strips as 'wing' lights on my bars to even out the side growth.

Back
Top Bottom