Best LED on the market?

SDL G, how about a few more relevant facts about this grow... How, and how long were those plants veged, in what did they grow?.. I assume they weren't under the same lights for veg.... Whats the total wattage draw for all those LEDs in that grow?.... I know a thousand watt hps on an 8'x8' grid is only about 15 watt sq ft.. How many 1000 watts are in that 8'x8' HPS grid that the LEDs going up against...... Like the politicians say, the facts can say anything you want them to say.. It's about what you leave out and what you leave in.... We've never seen the HPS comparison grow.... By the way, it's not important i know how much they cost... I'll never buy one... I could barely afford my DS-200... Power draw and yield tells the tale, so lets have it for both grows....

Do most the ratings here have to do with who is sponsoring the site or are you guys rating on what really works?

I just bought a platinum led p1200 to try if it works good I'll be replacing my 3 600s with 2 more p1200s

I think their is some prejudice from some posters and every opinion should be taken with that in mind. Sometimes you get the best information if there is a large amount of negative reviews as opposed to positive reviews. If a product has a lot of bad reviews then most likely there is a problem with the product. If the reviews are predominately positive then the product has merit. Based on what your planning I would think a P1200 would replace a 600 hps. I just finished a single plant grow under a P300 and got very good results. The bud density and resin development was the best I have ever gotten with this variety.

PS: Check out PAR-FORCE LED light, I was very impressed. There is a grow using this light on youtube.

After a lot of intensive looking and comparing myself and talking to the some companies I myself I am really hung up on the 'Platinum Grow Lights'... They come with a 5-year warranty, they just came out with an improved version so they use less power. They use an aluminum heat sink and then fans to cool it, which is important if you want it to last. If there is a problem with the light it is usually fixed by opening up the back panel and wiggling the connections and making sure they are tight once again. If the problem is more severe the average person can simply switch out the part(s) they tell me. Which is also important to me because I would rather have the ability to fix any problems I encounter on a light, verses having to take it in some place to have it fixed and having to wait to get it back again. They run cooler than other lights, and I really like the fact they have a Veg/Bloom Switch on the end, so you can use one light and at the flip of a switch change between Veg/Bloom. They can run a 110v or 220v which again is important, depending on how many lights you plan to run and how you plan to have them laid out and set up, and the light itself determines the input of the voltage and adjusts itself. I did ask them about if I had to worry about running the lights off a generator, or an inverter, if I had to be concerned about the sine wave which can mess up electronics when you run power from a cheaper generator or an inverter. To which again they told me wouldn't be a problem, because of how their lights work.

I can get a hold of someone 24/7 by email, chat and phone, and believe me I checked to make sure I am really going to get someone knowledgeable after midnight to answer some pretty technical questions, because if I have a problem on a Friday after a store closes, I am not waiting until Monday morning for them to open up and hope the person I need to speak with isn't going to be gone until later on. I also checked on them from what other growers have had to say as well as what companies have to say about them, and they rated really high and will even tell you to buy from them directly from the company website instead of Amazon to get a further discount and then gave me a code besides that for another 5% off just for calling to talk to them and do my research on them. They also offer discounts for buying more than one, the more you buy the bigger the discount.

They have YouTube videos showing them testing their lights in a grow tent at different heights for light intensity and even show another meter test of the wave length band of their lights in the grow tent. Which honestly impressed me because as we all know lights change intensity at different heights. They also show the bandwidth of their lights and compare it to the bandwidth you need for plant growing.They also go out of their way to cover all kinds of basic questions and answers on their website about growing on a wide range of topics, and to educate people from the newer grower to educating others as well. They give the impression that they want you to have a firm understanding of growing so you will keep coming back to them because you are turning into quite the grower because they helped to educate you. Its really a good business approach as well if you stop to think about it.

Finally I checked into their Warranty information because if something were to ever happen it's a good idea to know where you are going to stand before you get to that point, and they are willing to back their 5-year warranty with no hitches. Which is really important, as I was looking at another company that WAS NOT THEM... and they stated in the small print that they were not responsible for UPS shipping to you, and that any damage to your package was your problem. This OTHER COMPANY also said that to honor their 2-year warranty you had to return the light in the original package to them, and any dings, nicks, scratches, etc... to your own light would null and void their warranty of their light. That is exactly why it is really important to read the small print and really dig into a company's warranty information before you make a purchase.

Hi there Steviodaddio,

I was wondering if you still use those Advanced DS XML350 panels? What area can you cover with one panel?

^This, nearly 100% accurate.

I have two Advanced DSXML 350's I'm currently using from my brother. Hope you enjoy that 200!

The big thing I've noticed just by the amount I've read on LEDs in the past few weeks is you get what you pay for in most areas involved in an LED, but not all.

Now do I think that a $2,000 is worth the ~350% increase compared to the Mars II 1600w you can get for 600 bucks shipped to your doorstep? Not quite, but there may be some other things to look at. My XML350s run extremely cool while I read that a lot of the Mars run pretty hot (I use hot casually, not nearly as hot as a 450 or 600 watt hood). 2014/2015 are suppose to run extremely cool.

Many Mars reviews say that they've blown LED drivers within the first six months but at the same time I see some of the older reviewed LEDs (assumed they're the same company from 2013 to 2015) with similar issues and have also seen rumor that they as well come out of China. Not so much the case as the recent ones but it's too early to tell in my book.

Who knows what to believe? Not really sure what I believe up to this point as far as true USA made or not. I took my XML 350 apart and they clearly use Chinese made LED drivers but state CREE 10w XMLs which are USA produced and 3w or 5w Bridgelux diodes (not entirely sure about Bridgelux being made state-side or not). Saw a thread where a guy called and a rep told him they outsourced all their products but just built them in the U.S. Don't really see how that's beneficial to pay 2 grand for a product that isn't that complicated to wire while some Chinese guy or gal is doing it for a quarter of the cost.

Who really knows what to believe at this point. There are so many rumors floating around about companies I think it's impossible to know what's real and what isn't. In the next few months I'm hoping to get my hands on a few different LEDs (including a legit homemade one) and see what is prime. Sick of the bullshit where even expensive companies use cheap LED drivers and just drive their price up cause they use one state-side made item or hand make them in the U.S.

Long story short, I think the Mars products (especially the 1600w Mars 2) are decent for the price as far as I'm concerned. If I were to blow a driver and lose a bank of lights in a panel I would replace it myself without waiting the 3 weeks to get one back. They're not hard to wire, in fact the wiring is almost as basic as it gets. Still trying to figure out why some companies have such a high markup on their products.

will you have a grow journal with your xml650? I plan to buy and Advanced led light, but don't know which one, XTE or XML

3 weeks in with my xml650. Love the light! Running in a 4x4, 620 W from the wall, 37.5 W/sqf and all is green. I hope it produces fruit like it grows greens! May journal a Grinspoon, Blueberry, and some form of haze next grow.

what are the results?

PAR-FORCE LED grow finishing up this week we will post the yield and potency metric results next week. Going up against 1000w HPS in 8x8 grids.... LEDs are getting super nasty
SGT_PAR-FORCE_030.jpg

I guess Bml spydr 1200

Easily the coolest looking one I've seen but with a light source that size I reckon it's for large and well organised SCROGs or SOG. If I was looking for a commercial grow light for doing 12/12 from seed or clone it would likely be on my shortlist.

The ones that tempt me most at the moment are 3 of the Rays2000 to replace my 1 600W HPS. I think that would get me more light, a better spread and let me grow plants of different heights better than I can with one light too.

SDL G, how about a few more relevant facts about this grow... How, and how long were those plants veged, in what did they grow?.. I assume they weren't under the same lights for veg.... Whats the total wattage draw for all those LEDs in that grow?.... I know a thousand watt hps on an 8'x8' grid is only about 15 watt sq ft.. How many 1000 watts are in that 8'x8' HPS grid that the LEDs going up against...... Like the politicians say, the facts can say anything you want them to say.. It's about what you leave out and what you leave in.... We've never seen the HPS comparison grow.... By the way, it's not important i know how much they cost... I'll never buy one... I could barely afford my DS-200... Power draw and yield tells the tale, so lets have it for both grows....

Dr. Fish.... He def vegged longer than he wanted due to a new build out so they were over 8 weeks plus by the time they hit the flower room. To answer your question they were vegged under HID not LED. We just launched our 500 so this was one of the first tests to go into action but it was a bloom room battle only. Since they were so tall we decided to add side lighting which added another 1000 watts to the grid but helped yield.

PAR-FORCE -- 3000 watts (added (4) 250 watt side lights)

64 Total Square Feet of PAR Light (8 x 8 grid)

5.73 Pounds Yielded (8 x 8 Grid)

HPS -- 4000 watts

64 Total Square Feet of PAR Light (8 x 8 grid)

5.43 Pounds Yielded (8 x 8 Grid)

The lab tests were super close on potency THC 22.5% HPS to THC 23.2 LED although the HPS had some unique advance terpenes readings we did not get on LED. More testing needed especially the last 10 - 14 days of flower.

All in all were happy with results. There were a few lets just say miss haps along the way during the first session so we are doing another 8 x 8 grid test against Gavita 1000 watt double enders and using time lapse. We are also vegging under LED for future rounds.

Hi Sara. I have 1600w Mars 2 and am getting 1 more for a 4x8 ft tent. I'm worried about the heat. I live in a warm area. What do you recommend I use to keep the tent cool.

Hi Sara. I have 1600w Mars 2 and am getting 1 more for a 4x8 ft tent. I'm worried about the heat. I live in a warm area. What do you recommend I use to keep the tent cool.

Hello, this thread is for any recommendations for LED's. Your question would be better posted on the Mars Hydro thread as SmokeSara is active there :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom