Best LED grow light

And IF you have LOADS of co2 in your room , i to could have a par map of 1200 like most people with newer lights.
BUT my space wont allow me to reach those highs unless i add extra co2 which tbh im just not going to do.But i agree its possible just not wasting money on co2 bags or tanks. ;)

bro, to much light, just being honest man. Small leaves = to much light. Lower PAR to 500 MAX in veg, 1000 Flower. When everything is right in your tent, lower light intensity is even better for the plant. Sure, we think, well, the freakin sun is 1700 par, but LED lights are like tiny lazers hitting the Leaf cells. where the sun, is more diffused by particles floating in the air. So, hitting them with 1700 will kill them in an hours time.

Something im going to experiment with in the near future, is using a greenhouse panel under my lights, which will diffuse the light and spread it out more. Like a greenhouse. THEN, because A- heat off the leafs, and B- LIGHT INTENSITY DIFFUSION.

Telling ya bro, reduce your light and you might be amazed.

bro, to much light, just being honest man. Small leaves = to much light. Lower PAR to 500 MAX in veg, 1000 Flower. When everything is right in your tent, lower light intensity is even better for the plant. Sure, we think, well, the freakin sun is 1700 par, but LED lights are like tiny lazers hitting the Leaf cells. where the sun, is more diffused by particles floating in the air. So, hitting them with 1700 will kill them in an hours time.

Something im going to experiment with in the near future, is using a greenhouse panel under my lights, which will diffuse the light and spread it out more. Like a greenhouse. THEN, because A- heat off the leafs, and B- LIGHT INTENSITY DIFFUSION.

Telling ya bro, reduce your light and you might be amazed.
Hey man to each their own. I go by my research and the words of tons of experienced growers. If what you're doing works for you, great. Keep doing it and be happy. I disagree with you strongly though. Lol.

Hey man to each their own. I go by my research and the words of tons of experienced growers. If what you're doing works for you, great. Keep doing it and be happy. I disagree with you strongly though. Lol.
like a diet, lol..
Im a, PAR=Nutes type. So, if im hitting with 500 PAR i match the weekly nutes. I have a pretty controlled test going now on my logic, so will see how it works out bro. DO YOUR THING!

like a diet, lol..
Im a, PAR=Nutes type. So, if im hitting with 500 PAR i match the weekly nutes. I have a pretty controlled test going now on my logic, so will see how it works out bro. DO YOUR THING!
Yeah man! I think of it like this. You have a par meter? I do. Have you ever taken it out into the sunlight and tested the sun? I have. The meters don't go high enough to record the par. Mine reads ">5000" when I use the natural sunlight setting and the diffuser, all things properly, and test the sun. And plants sprout, grow, and produce amazing buds every day in the natural sunlight. So par, to me, in a tent, ain't nothing. And I feel it's the same to the plants, to a limit of course cuz you're in a tent. My light puts out literally one degree of heat. Nothing. And I have all 1 and 3 watt leds. Also nothing to burn a plant with. Good lights can give the plants a ton of par without negatively affecting them up to a limit and higher with CO2 is my opinion. As far as small leaves, you only see the tops where I have been removing any big leaves that block new bud sites. There are TONS of very large fan leaves down below what you can see in the picture. Just sayin.

My personal preference, IF I could get a dead even canopy would be to get as much of the canopy between 1000-1100 PPFD as possible.
Anything over about 1100 is diminishing returns, yes a bud in 1400 PPFD if its a cultivar that can handle it should get a bit more weight to it but its not the same difference you would see from 500 to 800 PPFD.
This would also require the grow to be dialed in, if not the extra light may only cause deficiencies and you might be lucky to even get the same yield as the lower PPFD with no deficiency.
This is why I like large pots of very good LOS, plenty of nutrients for the plant to consume at its leisure.

I have exactly that scenario right now.
I got a few buds at 1400+ PPFD and quite a few at 850 PPFD so that the majority are around 1000-1100 PPFD.

The bud thats 1400+ PPFD is it appears ever so slightly larger than the buds that are at 900 PPFD.
Can't say as I see much if any difference in the amount of trichomes as long as its over 900 PPFD.

This bud has been riding about 1450 PPFD for 5 to 6 weeks now and doing just fine.
20210509_125715.jpg

But then this bud has been sitting in 900 PPFD that same time and its looking pretty good also, bud is just as big but its a different cultivar so can't really compare equally.
Both buds are over 3 fingers wide and I can't imagine that it would have even more trichomes if it were at 1400.
Its pretty much a trichome blivet as it is.

20210509_154836.jpg

My personal preference, IF I could get a dead even canopy would be to get as much of the canopy between 1000-1100 PPFD as possible.
Anything over about 1100 is diminishing returns, yes a bud in 1400 PPFD if its a cultivar that can handle it should get a bit more weight to it but its not the same difference you would see from 500 to 800 PPFD.
This would also require the grow to be dialed in, if not the extra light may only cause deficiencies and you might be lucky to even get the same yield as the lower PPFD with no deficiency.
This is why I like large pots of very good LOS, plenty of nutrients for the plant to consume at its leisure.

I have exactly that scenario right now.
I got a few buds at 1400+ PPFD and quite a few at 850 PPFD so that the majority are around 1000-1100 PPFD.

The bud thats 1400+ PPFD is it appears ever so slightly larger than the buds that are at 900 PPFD.
Can't say as I see much if any difference in the amount of trichomes as long as its over 900 PPFD.

This bud has been riding about 1450 PPFD for 5 to 6 weeks now and doing just fine.
20210509_125715.jpg

But then this bud has been sitting in 900 PPFD that same time and its looking pretty good also, bud is just as big but its a different cultivar so can't really compare equally.
Both buds are over 3 fingers wide and I can't imagine that it would have even more trichomes if it were at 1400.
Its pretty much a trichome blivet as it is.

20210509_154836.jpg
WHOA. Those look so fricking sweet. I guess the second pic is the White Widow? She's on my list. GOD, the trichomes. Superior grow, man, just wow. What genetics are you using if I may ask?

WHOA. Those look so fricking sweet. I guess the second pic is the White Widow? She's on my list. GOD, the trichomes. Superior grow, man, just wow. What genetics are you using if I may ask?
Actually the second pic is one called Super Critical bud CBD.
25% THC and 23% CBD.
Smells like pineapple.

The red one is Cream & Cheese CBD.
22% THC and 18% CBD
Smells like honey cheesecake.

I wish I could change the heading on my journal, its all just one big journal with numerous grows.

25% THC and 23% CBD.
Smells like pineapple.

22% THC and 18% CBD

I wish I could change the heading on my journal, its all just one big journal with numerous grows.
I'm loving the strains with higher CBD levels. And wow! Will be stopping by your threads soon. Also, I see myself building a light for a hobby and future space so I am interested in that as well. Hope you are having a great Sunday!

You will get the most bang for your buck if you build it yourself. See sig below. I had never even heard of an LED driver a week before I built mine. I schooled myself.
I agree there BUT some of us are to lazy to build it =] Though my next go with one I just may... Honestly at the point I was at I had done SO MUCH research that I couldn't bring myself to do the research to build my own lol. I will bookmark your link from your sig so I can take a look later for sure though!

25% THC and 23% CBD.
Smells like pineapple.

22% THC and 18% CBD

Awesome. Is it hard to find weed that is so high in both thc and cbd? I've never even seen weed like that in a dispensary.

OK, bro, I will sacrific 1. She is getting 1000 PAR, others are getting what i would normally give them. they will be in my current journal, GSC's

OK, bro, I will sacrific 1. She is getting 1000 PAR, others are getting what i would normally give them. they will be in my current journal, GSC's
Hey man, I appreciate that, but don't do something uncomfortable just to prove a point, unless you're sure that's what you wanna do. I wasn't trying to sell you on my point of view. And you have probably dozens of grows under your belt to my two. So don't listen to me, I don't know shit. lol.

Awesome. Is it hard to find weed that is so high in both thc and cbd? I've never even seen weed like that in a dispensary.
These are two of the highest I've seen.
Actually surprised its even possible to get 48% cannabinoids.

These are two of the highest I've seen.
Actually surprised its even possible to get 48% cannabinoids.
That's exactly what I was thinking. How is that even possible? Good for you!

Hey man, I appreciate that, but don't do something uncomfortable just to prove a point, unless you're sure that's what you wanna do. I wasn't trying to sell you on my point of view. And you have probably dozens of grows under your belt to my two. So don't listen to me, I don't know shit. lol.
no big deal. I want to see what happens. I have 3 Mac Berriez that are going to need space that im going to 12/12 start to finish anyways. went into paper towels today. My journal is updated if you want to watch the outcome.

no big deal. I want to see what happens. I have 3 Mac Berriez that are going to need space that im going to 12/12 start to finish anyways. went into paper towels today. My journal is updated if you want to watch the outcome.
Ok, cool, then I'll follow with interest and see how it goes. Thanks.

another thing man, Is DLI. Plants can only take so much light. In veg, at 1000 par, the plant can only receive 30MAX DLI a day. Thats 8 hours worth of light. If your vegging at 18 hours, and 1000 par the entire day, 10 hours of it is a waste of energy. Flower, is different. you CAN USE UP TO 60 DLI @ 1400 par @ 12 hours
Median for average growth
Clones--AVE --300PAR-10 DLI- Needs 173PAR @ 16 hours (LOL) but true. ( 15 DLI max )
Veg--AVE--500PAR -23 DLI- Needs 400 par @ 16 hours (30 DLI max)
Flower--AVE--750PAR- 45 DLI-Needs 1030 PAR for 12 hours. (60 DLI max )

Now, anything over that Max DLI value, is waste, and detrimental to the plant. When the leaves slump over, they are taxed out. Thats why alot of growers say their plants are sleepy because they droop and know their bed time, is because yes, they are full, ready to sleep, cant take anymore light. So, when you see this happen, Turn lights to lowest setting possible. Let them rest. It makes no sense for either of you to be just dumping light and watts out the door. Hope all that makes sense for you.

AND, if you can tune the Emerson effect in right, lower light intensity is even of greater value.

I suggest a Tarantula Longleg 730 watt. From Grandmaster LED. Fits just in 4*4. Check the migro test on that light. Highest Efficienty on the market.

can do way better on price, bag a discount, and get an equivalent rig through one our sponsors if you are a member.

their main driver is a also ran kitten brand and they don't have specs on the emitters which is suspect. i won't buy a rig unless the company is forthright on their specs.

there are rigs available through the board with the same architecture for hundreds less. at the end of the day that's just a strip rig like most are now.

Back
Top Bottom