Best LED on the market?

Hello
i'm a little new,i take this topic in jump,i search a (very) good lighting system technology led
for a surface +/- 27 inches on 27 inches, high : 67 inches +/-

actually,which is better ?
i see on ali' 300watts for +/- 100 dollars,but i don't know if that work well or (complement with a other light) ?

Thank's for you help

Hello
i'm a little new,i take this topic in jump,i search a (very) good lighting system technology led
for a surface +/- 27 inches on 27 inches, high : 67 inches +/-

actually,which is better ?
i see on ali' 300watts for +/- 100 dollars,but i don't know if that work well or (complement with a other light) ?

Thank's for you help

Chances are, if that is a 300watt fixture for ~$100 then it's probably not using top of the line leds and I wouldn't be surprised if they're just 1 watt diodes. My point being, you get what you pay for. Will it grow something? Sure probably. Will it compare to MH/HPS, especially in regards to yield? Probably not.

My advice?
1. Research!
A. Read up on spectrum, what it means, what it does not just for mj but for other photosynthetic plants/organisms.
B. Read up on lumens, it's not as important for LED based systems but that is important in and of itself since LUMENS tend to be a measure of intensity were used to.
C. LEDs themselves, specifically in regards to their quality. This is extremely important as with other technologies there are plenty of cheap options out there, both in price and quality. Even within the same brands because of manufacturing techniques, if you're not aware of this then you could suffer unknowingly.
2. DIY
a. Cheaper
b. Easier to replace if something goes bad
c. Higher quality possible as you have complete controlover the components which go into your build.
3. Take a page from reef forums
a. LEDS have really exploded in this hobby,as such there are a ton of diy builds to reference.
b. From what I've seen, reef builds and threads tend to go into more technical detail than what I've seen here.
C. Might be easier to get more feedback from manufacturers through a reef forum since there's still a stigma behind mj.

Please note that in reef systems, more emphasis is placed on the "full visible spectrum" since there is also a visual appeal aspect to it than there is with mj. From what I've been reading, most of the spectrums found to be important to growing mj are down in the blue, skip the middle yellow and green, and then up in the red. That said I wonder if there are benefits in the middle simply not yet understood.

And lastly just incase I didn't say it on this thread, I have NOT grown mj at all yet. All my experience comes from the aquarium and simple gardening hobbies.

Hi I'm also new here :) nice to...
I have the p450 it's should cover over 4.5/4 but I think it will do 2/2.5 maybe. I'm also thought to try the Mars hydro

Hi I'm also new here :) nice to...
I have the p450 it's should cover over 4.5/4 but I think it will do 2/2.5 maybe. I'm also thought to try the Mars hydro

I'm having lots of success with the Mars Hydro Reflector series lights. It would be nice to have both flood and spot lighting capability.
Get your true watts up above 45w per sq ft and you'll be very happy with the results.

After looking I have seen the apache led's ate some of the best less available but you pay for them for sure. But I would look into area 51 and bonsai hero's hans panels I have heard nothing but great reviews

See what large commercial growers are using LED wise and that is probably it. Something like the Spider line etc.
You can get by on less than the best and it is a whole lot cheaper to do so. With LED's coverage and penetration is the key.
You said money is not a concern so you should have no trouble putting together a good lighting system.

I like Mars LED's. They are really nice bang for your buck wise. If I had a lot of money to throw around I would look more into top of the line LED's though. Lol.

Hi
does anyone know which are the best BLUE & RED led's with 3 or 5 watt ?
cree seems to be pretty solid in everything but osram with their oslon series are good aswell or?
if you mention cree which led's from them? they got so many..

I went with Mars-Hydro (2x 96x3w Reflectors and a 1600w Mars-Hydro II). I'm a little underwhelmed after looking around at other lights. Light Addict is currently using the Budmaster GOD 1800w and the difference is like day and night. If I had the money to outlay I would definitely be looking at that light.

I own refletors , mars 2, mars old model, 8 Igro's and an advanced DS 200..... I have 3 flower tents equaling about 100 sq feet. I have mixed and matched them all between 32 and 48 watts per foot. Now I only have about 3-4 runs in each tent but if i was starting all over again I would order all reflectors.....or maybe some old models. Cheap .... Very little heat and produce as good as results as the others watt for watt so far for me.

All tents are scrog though and typically no more than 18 inches above canopy. Also I don't really see any need for second lenses in a tent with good reflective side walls. ....... I just move my girls from the veg room to the tents and fill in the scrog for 10-14 days so I like the Bloom switch to save money. 1 tent I use portable scrogs and go directly to bloom..... Old model works great there...... Might change everything over to portables in the future.

My 2 cents......

Happy growing bro

Hey rlip1 welcome to 420Magazine. I've just had a quick browse through there and I like the way they rate their systems (watt draw instead of output) but they seem a little expensive considering they're using Bridgelux and Epistar LED's. I'd be looking more towards CREE and OSRAM parts for that sort of price. Still the 5 years warranty also sounds excellent.

Check the 4 x 4 photon grids... the only true metric that matters

I am biased for PAR-FORCE 500 LEDs :) 4 x 4 coverage and photon output.. Its all about the PPFD not the PPF

Average 1500 micromoles at the canopy on a 12 on 12 off cycle and you are running the perfect DLI of 65

Thanks for stepping in SGL, I notice that you're a representative for the company that sells these lights so I can understand you being biased towards them, at least you stated that you were biased and didn't pretend to be someone else etc which I always find to be in bad taste so thanks for that. I'll have a look at your lights but I also have a question, do you ship to the UK?

OK I like the way you're company is straight up about the wattage, a 500w light is a 500w light, great. Reading the PDF I'm under the impression that I would need to run a ballast though, is this true? Also the only option on the website for voltage is 120, which ties in with my question as to whether you do deliver to the UK. Other than that everything looks ok (apart from what seems some messy wiring on the edge of the board where the LED boards join, not keen on that at all, are those wires live?), I'd probably give the light a go but I would be worried about that wiring. If I were to bang my head into the light and those are live that would be nasty.

Hello Kriaze,

To be honest we have never shipped to the UK... I will look into this for you and get you an answer on pricing and freight options. You do not need a ballast it is build into the unit. The wiring is not live no worries there. The 250w side lighting is 120v and the overhead 500w is 240v. Each unit can be wired either way. Cords can be daisy chained together :)

Back
Top Bottom