Best way to get resin out of piece so you can smoke it?

This is a pretty old thread, but I just did the microwave thing too. I got a shit ton of resin which I'm pretty pumped about but I don't think I coulda done it without the coffee filter. It doesn't get all "pilly" or whatever like papertowel does. It's worth it to go pick up a pack of coffee filters. Plus they dry real fast.
Argh what is this method where is it explained and if you can successfully just get the resin out with tools, wouldnt that have the most thx you’re gonna get?

I just straighten out a parer clip and go in through the shotgun hole. It takes some time but I can usually pull out a good amount. After i'm done with the res tokin i'll usually boil my piece.
The bowl i have been using has a small shotgun hole and a paper clip will barely go in the hole any tip

iso alcohol highest % u can find,
filter through charcoal
and let liquid evaporate
If I clean it that way can I still smoke it

Alright ill let you paper clip users and scrapers in on a little secret that will get you about three times as much resin... first off take your pipe and put it in a bowl of water (enough water to cover the pipe) and put it in the microwave cook for about 3 min... then remove your pipe and let it cool off (use tongs to grab your pipe its really hot)... now strain your bowl of water and resin through a coffee filter( do it slowly so the water dosent fly everywhere...after the water is gone cook the filter with the resin on it for about 10 seconds....now scrape all the resin on your filter into one pile....by this time your pipe should be cooled....go ahead and scrape your bowl out too and put the resin on the coffee filter...it should be alot softer and easier to scrape...now cook your coffee filter in ten second intervals until its dry (dont over cook or you will burn your resin)... your resin is now ready to smoke load your bowl and fire it up....

:To get rid of the nasty smell in your microwave just cook a slice of lemon in there for about 30 sec.. smell is gone...

:Metal pipes do the same except dont put your pipe in the microwave just boil it on the stove...still use the microwave to dry it out though....

total time about 10-15 min.. Enjoy:bravo:
Dam how long til u had that down pat? I've been doing this for years started at 14 an I'm 37 to high to do math but I am a girl I use a bent 14k gold earring hoop an I str8en it out works great with the point on the end where it goes in your ear. And then I have a bobby pin, dabs scraper/spoon, an this little square plastic box I put the resin in. But I just buy a bowl that I can fit that shit in no tiny holes you learn what type you like to clean an how much time u want to put into it. Yor fingers get all black an nasty an hey smell an everyone knows what you were doing. Never mind the headaches you get from smoking resin. But nice reads thanks

Alright ill let you paper clip users and scrapers in on a little secret that will get you about three times as much resin... first off take your pipe and put it in a bowl of water (enough water to cover the pipe) and put it in the microwave cook for about 3 min... then remove your pipe and let it cool off (use tongs to grab your pipe its really hot)... now strain your bowl of water and resin through a coffee filter( do it slowly so the water dosent fly everywhere...after the water is gone cook the filter with the resin on it for about 10 seconds....now scrape all the resin on your filter into one pile....by this time your pipe should be cooled....go ahead and scrape your bowl out too and put the resin on the coffee filter...it should be alot softer and easier to scrape...now cook your coffee filter in ten second intervals until its dry (dont over cook or you will burn your resin)... your resin is now ready to smoke load your bowl and fire it up....

:To get rid of the nasty smell in your microwave just cook a slice of lemon in there for about 30 sec.. smell is gone...

:Metal pipes do the same except dont put your pipe in the microwave just boil it on the stove...still use the microwave to dry it out though....

I think you might be someone I want to know. You just articulated my panties off. extra points for the semi-subtle sarcasm

I haven't had to scrape resin/tar in ages, ever since my first successful grow back in 2019.. Back in the days of old though, during the occasional lean period (like when I was feeling too lazy to get my ass to the nearest dispensary about a half hour drive away), I got pretty good at extracting the grody stuff with a straightened out paper clip, probing either in the bowl, through the stem, or beneath the bowl via what I call the "good girl" port, that hole in the side of the bowl that allows good girls to enjoy the pipe too.

Even though resin scraping is a thing of the past for mt, I will still suck some flame some times if it feels like the bowl is getting clogged and the resin needs a cooking off. Otherwise, I wad up a sheet of tissue paper and plug the bowl, then put my lips to the good girl port, and blow until the stuff comes oozing out the mouthpiece.

Awe shit never knew this method but definitely gonna try it rn cuz I'm almost having a meltdown and my ptsd is messing with me so need to smoke before I end up doing something bad

Thanks this was big help my bowl has a small mouth piece so it’s hard to get it out

I am also desperate! lol I think I may use that joint paper idea! I have to also throw in for the ladies, because I didn't happen to have any paper clips conveniently lying around, a bobby pin flattened out works quite well also! Sadly my pipe is pretty clean by now...sighs.... just moved to a new city and don't have any connections, freakin sucks. :nicethread:
What crappy city is that? It's even legal in Albuquerque now!

I find that the bristles from street sweepers work really well, the street files the tip to a nice angle, and it's really durable. I can get pipes almost completely clean if i take my time. The best part is since they're so durable, you can bend them multiple times to get the angle you need.

I am also desperate! lol I think I may use that joint paper idea! I have to also throw in for the ladies, because I didn't happen to have any paper clips conveniently lying around, a bobby pin flattened out works quite well also! Sadly my pipe is pretty clean by now...sighs.... just moved to a new city and don't have any connections, freakin sucks. :nicethread:
🤓🤓🤓

I've pulled apart vape cartridges and place the pieces in a shot glass of olive oil.

After a week I use a stainless flat bar that looks like a street sweeper bristle. I scrape the inner walls of the chamber while it's in the olive oil and the film of resin comes off quite easy in small pieces; comes off in milky looking flakes.

I then use the oil in cooking, soups, stir fry, etc. and get pretty stoned from it.

j

Back
Top Bottom