Medium - Hydroton
PPM - 8-850 EC 1.6-1.7
PH - 5.9-6.]
RH - 50% to 55%
Room Temperature -77 to 83
Solution Temperature - 75
Room Square Footage - 25
Pests - None Known

Problem: first time trying out SCROG , but not the typical 5x5 or 6x6 inch trellis as that i would use for support 1st layer, well this go only 1 layer 3x3 inch holes and I weaved to almost fill every single 3x3 on a 4x2 trellis frame I built. My issue I didn't know when to put in most people do in veg and ive seen layers from what I've read this isn't true scrog it's just adding support. Anyways I installed it at flip to 12/12 I'm on day 46. Still swelling beautiful I'm sure a good yield. My issue is typical LED light penetration is approx 6 inches well since I filled every hole and I believe I had my lamp a bit too close because yes top 6 to 8 inches of every top is stacked and still swelling. But even with defol bottom inch just below trellis are frostyand swelling just not getting enough light really some supplemental lighting from under would probably do the trick but I don't think I could get lamp that quick nor do I wanna buy a new one as I have quite a few brand new 650rs in boxes. So thr buds below are lighter lime green hairs still week 3 white.

I even went in and almost with a fine comb took off any large sugar leaves or fan leaves that had trichs on them unfortunately but its still stacked. Another thing as this is a 56 day flowering photo period most people suggest I start my flush week 7 I assume they mean day 49

Any suggestions???

I was thinking cut the trellis its homemade so each lace is just over and under so ill be able to remove it with ease and the buds are still supported if needed by the 4x2 pvc trellis frame, might allow some of of thr bigger cola clusters to get some light down deeper as then I can somewhat move them then, only draw back they my rest on each other. Or should I go ahead with flush on day 49 thru 56 and say days 54 n 55 after again unfortunately only 12 hrs of darkness harvest the tops leaving any buds that are like colored to ripen maybe to day 58 then 48 hrs dark to get the rest? Even tho they are light in color they are still frosty. And currently I believe I'm still under 10% amber on trichs

Screenshot_20201213-084449_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201213-084457_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201213-084504_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201213-024610_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201214-040355_Gallery.jpg

@Pennywise see they are still frosty just not ripe can't wait to see the results next time when I get to finally plug in one of my 650r Diablos. When you flush do like a rez change or over next couple days just top off off with phd RO water. And why ph it? Ur not trying to feed to strip the plant of salt n nutes not add

Looking good. Don't do too much defoliation as those leaves help the buds to grow. I would just harvest in stages. Take the top 1/2 or 1/3 first, and then let the remaining buds that were shaded get some light for a few days. I, instead of weaving the plant through the trellis, use pipe cleaner sections to tie the plant down. The tension in the netting will slowly pull the plant down when you tie it. Also, you can't water by schedule. Water by pot weight, and when you water, water till runoff.

@Bush Doctor 77 thanks for your input , no need about water its rdwc system. Part of my problem wasn't the weave it was the distance of my LED didn't get a proper stretch as that not a "trellis" but 1 string over and under wrapped around a screw over to next and back over and under. I got like almost no stretch as I put it right on top at time of flipping. And they are 3x3 holes so I was able to make 128 squares in a 4x2 and put a cola in each one all besides maybe 20? Ya I use bread ties or the vegetable line to do so as well . This net was more for training and positioning rather then support. The stalks are strong enough I probably could remove it, just cut 1 string and it'll comes undone.

Screenshot_20201213-084504_Gallery.jpg

Oh too late I drained and ill just top off from here on out. But ill harvest tops in 3 days and then by day 56 see if 48 hrs will get anymore resin builtbup and cut them all but they were &built up they have plenty of nutes in that rhizosphrere, rootballs can shaped, 5gal bucket shaped ⁴llìwith the zharvest tops sure root balls got enough in them si

I dropped phone and it slipped but the one plant that was behind prolly could have weused a couple more days but other was ready checking through loupe , flaw in my system I tried to put a fine mesh net over return to keep roots out made it worse should left it how it was last run , probably fell behind because wasn't getting same circulation thus less nutes

@Nunyabiz lol ya those are just some IR bulbs testing out, suggested on time is like 3 mins after light off or the last 3 mins light time before all light is off. But I over lapped its like a short on it doesn't say anything about doing that so it's on 3 minutes lights turn on stays on 5 more and goes off and same for off like 3 mins on before lights off and 5 minutes just by themselves. And yes I have a few new lamps just don't have wired yet that's a hlg 550 v1 3000k I just got a few of the new hlg 650r Diablos. And problem is A the stretch , B I don't care if your using led cmh hps take 3 l-4cfan leaves lay on top of each other and see how much light goes thru the 3 or 4 leafs. That's because my lamp runs like 25 degrees C or 77 Fahrenheit I had it too close during stretch so bud and node stacking plus my 3x3 trellis meant as a 1st layer just for positioning no support. I put right on top just as flip almost no stretch so u have like 15-20 leaves stacked

a trial and error on my behalf, HLG since @Kismet or @Pennywise turned me onto them and ive been researching ever since. Bar far best light for your pocket home grower and commercial growers alike. They just lack in accessories which probably allows them to get the readings they get and still be affordable for both beginner home grower or millionaire expert. Just buy an after market controller

@Nunyabiz ya HLG makes a scorpion allows u to get like 8 to 12 inches from canopy, those lights are truly designed for vertical growing. U can have that light doesn't mean you'll get an even canopy still up to the grower, hlg does have DIY kits as well. If its American made some part of it uses HLGs design since they hold the patent. Soon as they make something new here come 8 new lights by big names. Look at independent lab test. Since they are bias to no one they won't lie to you. Because I was wondering if that was the light im about to drop a good chunk of moola on, getting a few. Example Gativa known for their bulbs , but they just joined the LED game wanted 1700 dollars (think its finally available for sale, and 1200 for their new 8 bar, but when it dropped wasn't even available for sale in North America nor did it have any outside testing just because something says X amount of watts doesn't mean anything, you have to look at everything yes PPFD, PAR, Lumens, FLUX, Luminous efficacy. I could go on . I consider myself an above par beginner, or an advanced noob, but if your a g/watt guy my last grow I got 2.75g/watt on 120v. Boards pull a bit more power then light bars but they are more efficient. So I did my home work and 650r blew luxx, growers choice, and gativa away and was cheaper. Concentrate on vpd, again ima a noob, but watch what I can do in a 4x2 with 1 260 v1 [4000k unfortunately but still full spectrum and works for allstages], was my 1st light from them. I still can't get it perfectly dialed in as you need a sealed room with temp and humidity control. But just getting into the ball park of right or close as possible and see the results.

Back
Top Bottom