Bubblegum Deep Water Culture LED/CFL Grow!

My air temps are pretty good for my room which is 4x4x5.5 but that took buying a very powerful exhaust fan and LED lights. I had previously never thought about water temp but shouldnt be to hard now.

Thanks for all the help again guys!

PH 6.72
AIR TEMP 80
WATER TEMP 79 ( i got ice packs in it to cool it down now that they are frozen :) )
PPM 420

IMG_03599.jpg

IMG_03609.jpg

AIR TEMP 77.9
WATER TEMP 75
PPM 420
PH 6.75

the plants both now have a 4th set of leaves and there are new parts growing :)

Well the SH Kit was made to start 6 plants and then cull out the males an maybe have a runt. 4 female plants seem to work out for most people. A lot depends on how you grow your plants. 6 small single cola plants could fit or 2 big bushy plants might take up the whole space too. It's really up to you and your grow room size and your lights. Hope that helps a little.

H6251686 is giving you VERY good advice about covering your net cups to keep the light out. Roots will grow out the sides of the rockwool, it's normal. Just make sure your feeder tubes are at least 2/3 the way down the rockwool cubes to get the roots going down after the water and into the res.

I use these:

714820 - Block Covers

They are 4x6" and I position them on the plant and tape them down with aluminum tape. You can get aluminum tape at Wal-mart, Lowe's, HD, etc. by the ductwork or tape section. The SH netpots are 3.75" and the SH covers are sturdier and can be reused.

I throw away the one's I use now. They are a 6mil precut piece of panda film. Black on one side and white on the other and the white side faces up.

PH 6.75
PPM 420
AIR TEMP 77.2
WATER TEMP 74

I went ahead and ordered the SH 3.75 covers, for a total of $3ish you cant go wrong with permanent covers.

the roots are very close to hitting the rez!

IMG_03628.jpg

IMG_03638.jpg

dirwin, try to get your res temps down a bit ! shoot for under 70s , or add a little H202 (hydrogen peroxide) to the res. Keeps root rot under controll ... nice start ! what type led are you using ? :peace:

I have 1 tblspoon of h202 in it now, and my res temp keeps dropping each day so ill be there soon i just need to get a longer air tube so i can move my pump to a cooler area.

the leds i have is a 90 watt UFO and a 55 watt panel, The UFO is the winner of the set.

Do you have a drip line and pump in your res ? Once the roots hit the water you can remove the pump and drip lines, that will help with the temp issues . If your having temp issues you can raise the water level to about an inch and a half below the net pots and remove the pump and lines and let the bubbles splash the net pots , that will be enough to get the roots wet and still lower temps .:peace:

yea the pump and drip lines are in the rez, it looks like the roots should hit the water by tomorrow morning. I have been using ice bottles right now but when i swap out my water in a week i will have at least some of it in the fridge to start with a lower temp.

is mid/low 70's a serious problem that needs to be resolved asap since my roots are not even touching water yet?

Do a lot of people remove the pump after the roots become well set in the rez? i had not heard of that before

Yes you def can and should remove the pump as it's not needed after the roots hit the water , I've removed it before they hit water ! just be sure the bubbles are splashing up on the net pots !! The drip lines just ensure that the new plants are getting water , if they get too much they won't have a reason to search for the water !! I like to just use either the two opposite corners for 2 plants (more room to grow) or 1 in each corner ( a little more crowded) but great for a scrog grow ! low 70s isn't too bad but make sure you add a bit of H2O2 to keep roots healthy..I just take out a 1/2 gallon and add a little ice and put it back into the res, helps keep it cool ...

Back
Top Bottom