Bubblegum Deep Water Culture LED/CFL Grow!

How many air stones should i put in? is there to many? and do i get added benefits in each?

i run 2 12 inch in mine, from what i undestand, the more bubbles the better, so with a pump like that you could run four,

mc that the pump i use com 1 the smallest one, it blows good
would four be better than two

The more air the merrier! Say that 3 times real fast!

I usually run at least 3 and sometimes 4 in a bp tank. More air protects the roots should high res temps happen. Warmer water doesn't hold as much oxygen and that why the roots rot. If you flirt with 72* or better you better have max air running and some hygrozyme or one of the zymes handy.

air temp 77
water temp 74
ppm 380
ph 6.0

I noticed some blotchyness on one of my plants, it just doenst look as strong as it did 2 days ago. the only change i have made is raising the lights 1"

IMG_03837.jpg

IMG_03823.jpg

IMG_03844.jpg

img-03855.210380

thanks again for all your help guys!

I just put in new water as thats what the SH troubleshooting guide said to do here are my new stats i added an extra gallon to with nutes that way i can cycle one in the fridge each day and keep the same basic property's of my water. The roots are nice and white

ph. 5.5
PPM 420
water temp 65
air temp 75

It did not look as if they drank anything at all yesterday, here are my stats.

When i woke up my ph was 6.5 i then took a gallon out and replaced it with a gallon i had in the fridge and added some ph down

Air temp 75
rez temp 69
ppm 420
ph 5.1

IMG_03895.jpg

IMG_03885.jpg

img-03875.210656

should i do anything or just let them chill?

Let them chill. That 5.1 ph is low but it will bounce back and probably by the end of the day if not sooner. Keep in mind that ph down has ppm also.

I set my nute level on the res change and my add water consists of about a 1/2 dose of the nute level I'm running at on the res change. Measure your water and nute ppm before you add any ph down.

If your plants don't drink for a 2-3 days then I would dump the res and run ph'd water only to get them back to drinking.

Back
Top Bottom