Bud storage how long can they last?

Jimmy Pete

I have dried bud in jars with Breveda 59% packs and then vacuum seal the jars to ensure a good seal. How long will they last ? I opened one that had been in since October and it is amazing. Can they go a year or more in the jars and retain the quality ? Never had this problem B4 we ended up with more than we can use in a year. Thank you in advance for comments.

Probably not the norm, but I found a bag of weed that I had in a seal-a-meal bag in a box in my garage. The bag was about 40 years old, the weed was still good, not great, like when it was fresh, but it was smokable and still had some flavor, however, once it was opened it dried out and fell apart really quickly!

Glad to hear these comments. Thank you all. This was my first real grow and I have learned alot following these forums.
Jimmy, best place to be new friend!

I came in July of last year growing on my first grow and I have really learned more information since than I had ever anticipated knowing in my lifetime.

Plus everyone here is pretty awesome and you get to look at awesome grows all day...BONUS!

Jimmy, best place to be new friend!

I came in July of last year growing on my first grow and I have really learned more information since than I had ever anticipated knowing in my lifetime.

Plus everyone here is pretty awesome and you get to look at awesome grows all day...BONUS!

Krissi, I totally agree people are very helpful and courteous of the sometimes stupid questions that I was asking. Pretty much anything you can think of is here someplace. Certainly helped my yield following the tips and techniques I read on here. Cheers and good luck this season !!

Krissi, I totally agree people are very helpful and courteous of the sometimes stupid questions that I was asking. Pretty much anything you can think of is here someplace. Certainly helped my yield following the tips and techniques I read on here. Cheers and good luck this season !!
Thanks so much same to you!! Lmk if you need anything and I'll try to help or send you to someone who I know can!

Can they go a year or more in the jars and retain the quality ?
A year, two years, even three. Then there are the folk that have gone further, like 4 years but there are not many people that have gone that far.

One thing that we all have in common is a well sealed container, does not have to be vacuum sealed, but at least a snug fit between jar and lid. This prevents the slow exchange of air into and out of the jar which degrades the quality once the cure is finished.

The other thing is keeping the jars somewhere cool and out of the light. Someplace in a basement is popular because the temperatures tend to stay constantly cooler and most people do not spend as much time there as they do above the ground.

I do have some buds that are going on 4 years and the smoke still does the job and is still smooth.

The funny thing is that about 2 hours ago I rolled up some of the flower from the first plant I grew just to try it out later this afternoon.:)

AH, Mmm...

It is a very good question & many fine replies may tickle your box :Namaste:

If using mason jars for longer than a year, you can help get a better seal with a couple of layers of cling film for long term storage in a cool, dark place ideally with out to much temperature fluctuation :thumb:

How ever !

The terpene profile may degrade over a period of a couple years & this would largely depend on strain of cannabis with conditions stored in !

This would include a jar or 2 from 2017... rosin, Na dry bud makes crap rosin in yield, butter or green dragon could prove interesting.

Not sure about vape profile or taste of aged bud or depending of strain.

I have dried bud in jars with Breveda 59% packs and then vacuum seal the jars to ensure a good seal. How long will they last ? I opened one that had been in since October and it is amazing. Can they go a year or more in the jars and retain the quality ? Never had this problem B4 we ended up with more than we can use in a year. Thank you in advance for comments.
Switch to the 62% - 59% is too dry for long storage. With 62% you can go +1 year easy with 59% probably 6 months. I like to take my 62% stored weed out and let it sit out over night to puff the next few days. 59% I could puff right away.

Back
Top Bottom