Burmese Kush, Mystery Top, SCROG Female

re: Burmese Kush & SCROG Female.

Mh doesn't have the best light spectrum for flowering, i'd add a cfl or 2 that have a good blue spectrum. You can just wait till the screen starts filling up to about 2/3 then switch to 12/12. Keep pulling the buds sideways so you have 1 bud coming up through every other hole. You don't want them growing to maturity right next to one in the next hole as you could get mold problems.

After you switch the lights, stop rearanging them. Just let each bud grow straight up outa its hole.

Sick I just did a little trimming on any leave that was brown or was covering a budsite. And I do have about 4 cfl's on the plizzy with the mh. I had to move them from the picture. But only a couple more weeks til that plant see's an HPS.

Well everything is going smooth, As far as my clone Ive read all articles and trying trial and error. I didnt suceed several weeks ago with rockwool however. Im currently soaking my cloan in fresh water with sum superthrive and clonex. ??

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Should I allow the growth to come up from the screen at all before flower or no? Also the smaller sites of undergrowth are producing now should those get there own scrog hole as well or should that follow up its main cola in that hole? Does anyone get what im saying hah?

heres a good example, should I continue to tuck under the end of the branch and allow these little guys to grow upward and then tie them down as well? Basically what now?
Should I top each of the budsites again to promote growth to those little leaves? or just continue to tuck?
-101.jpg

let them grow up through the screen untill they are tall enough to tuck under and bend the main stem horizontallly over to the next hole. You will get the hang of it really quickly but make sure they are tall enough to bend under so that the bud sites still get plenty of light. Do not fim all of the bud sites just the main cola on top which i believe you already have done. Dont switch to 12/12 untill the screen is 50% full.

Ok Ive got them growing straight up I wont mess with them till ther about and inch or two above the screen. How far into flowering should I continue to tuck them in? or should I let them just grow straight up pretty much. Im looking for larger denser nugs rather than multiple smaller buds.

Well first of all you are using the wrong training method if you are looking for large dense buds. After a scrog you will be left with a whole bunch of 4-8 inch buds the size and thickness of cigars. Lst'ing is a good method if you want 4-5 huge colas of each plant that will be really dense and large. with a scrog you want the buds to start directly at the bottom of the screen. If you let them grow up above the screen you will be left with more salad than bud. Hope that helps peace.

Hmm owell I guess it dosent matter sharpie nugs sound good to me eitherway hah. So If that is the case when should I be looking to switch this for a 5-6 oz harvest, My nodes are growing above the screen at about an INCH per day of 18 hrs of light. Most all of my nodes also now are beggining to stagger, some alot some not at all.
Im thinking I should pretty much do a 50-70% filled screen before switching and then once on 12/12 continue weaving the stretching for about 2 weeks or so that all nodes remain even throughout flower.

Also will my 400w super hps distribute enough light for my tent evenly or should I try and train the growth more towards the center but spread out...?
My tent is 24" by 24" by 61"

With Proper reflectivity a 400w can cover a 3x3 area easily.

I think you should let the screen fill 75% and then switch... you can alway trim one or two for room, you just can't seem to make em magically double in the end to fill unused space

Hey I read through your journal so far and am all caught up.

You keep saying you want alot of bud, why not just grow without a screen? You have plenty of vertical space. If you just trim off some of your lower branches then you will have bigger top buds. And the lower branches will give you clones that you can use!

Let me know.

:roorrip:

Just read everyone's replies and thankyou.
so I guess I couldve gone vertical but for now Im using a duct booster which isnt cooling the box as well as id like but its managable with temps at 76-84. So I dont mind vegging for another month if I gotta I just want as manny nig colas/ buds as i can get.

I should be ASKING what I need to do rather than try and guess. So fellow grwers what should I be doing as of now.
MellowMan has been a huge help and Im up to par with how to scrog pretty much however please keep up with my journal everyone and justa few pointers help someone like me ALOT. thanks keep it coming.

So for now Ill continue my VEG and continue letting vertical nugs get weaved and Ill keep posting pics.

Heres some info as of today.
-Three 4 gallon pots I give a gallon of water between the three. (1.25 liters each)
-Foxfarm nutes Grow Big every other water. (Rainwater, distilled water 50/50every watering i can)
-Topped and FIm'd all plants all are almost 8 weeks old from seed.
-Scrog for almost a week now under 400w MH
-temps humid.= 76-84. 35-45%
-I mist them twice a day almost it seems like, ( I only mist with natural rain water)
-Soil Ocean Forrest, Hydroton, Lime, Perlite, Coco. (60-5-5-20-10) ratio

No way 75% percent and you will end up with massive overgrowth. I have had to deal with it the first scrog I did and yields where way low and very leafy because of it. Switch over at 50% full give or take a few bud sites. I have a 400 watt and it is doing nicely actualy its overkill you could easily get away with a 250 watt. Let it fill the whole screen.

Seriously do not wait any longer past 50% or you will over stuff the screen and with that type of wire you really risk cutting into your stems and ephing up your plant. Please keep in mind plants stretch 2-3x their length in the first 21-28 days of 12/12.

Hey man just stopping in to say hey and keep up the good work. Its a lot to take in on your first scrog and you will lurn a whole lot. My plants are budding nicely and should have a record harvest. Just keep asking questions and keep on keeping on lol...

:peace:

Ok heres a screen shot, today i was able to weave 3 or 4 budsites down but others still need a little more growth. Let me know what percentage you think this screen is already.

Also should i be pulling the budsites more toward the middle or will they all pretty much get good light?

This is going to be a plant by plant picture shot I need to know.
-How much trimming should be done underneath once I switch, or when is the best to take cutting and remove fans.
-How much space do I have left EXCLUDING the bottom right part of the screen I have another plant Im putting in that part.

Heres my big question, in this picture my finger is pointing at a new budsite on one of my main weaved branches.
----Are these little flowers going to be there own cola now to since they will only continue to grow vertically as the branch grows horizontal.?????
-73.jpg

So then as I switch to flowering I should not weave this little sites as they stretch or should I?

Heres some groups. Stems are really swelling, Im hoping for a record harvest as mellowman said.

My smallest one, but catching up.
-22.jpg

My topped plant.
-52.jpg

Canopy shot, I did minor trimming already to this one as a test.
-83.jpg

FIM'd plant 8 weeks veg.
-16.jpg

Canopy shot of FIM'd plant
-63.jpg

And here the group.. Im thinking it is pretty close to 30-40 %??? Maybe another two weeks or so
-42.jpg

Lookin good. I think now is a good time to give the plants 24 hours in the dark and start them on 12/12. Wait a couple days after the switchover before you pull all the growth under the screen again.

Thanks for reply charlie,

Im leaving town for the weekend I really wanted to let them go for another week or so but im doing a lot of forum surfing and checking out other peoples and theyres are a bit bigger than mine so i think i WILL switch to 12/12 next week sometime.I'd like to water them at least two more times before i switch. so well see..

what you guys think????? I am def. prepared to let these go as long as possible, I want some nice kush nugs.. hah

Hey man I have a big reply waiting for ya tonight with all your questions. I'm at work but for now don't switch your light yet you are about 10 percent full. You definetly have another 14 days at least

Sick thanks mellow you help is greatly apprec. 10% that what i thought so good deal atleast anothwr couple weeks . Ill b waiting for ur reply mellow thanks

Back
Top Bottom