the way i read it he's outdoor and looking for advice on a 3 x 3 or 4 x 4 inch scrog net.
ftr i voted bigger.

i think he's only running some outdoor though. bigger net outdoor, smaller indoor is my final offer lol. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks for asking @Bill284 and thanks for the answer bluter. They will all be quadlined and unsure if the net is needed if I do it properly. Between the four outdoor, 2 in the air (photos to be provided in the future when potted, and 2 on the ground which tended to mold in the past due to my ignorance of all the techniques applicable.
So thenks, Bluter... 4 inches it shall be. I am soooo looking forward to this grow. Our legal CDN suppliers suck when it comes time to making hash and will soon be set up for a constant supply!
Thanks again you two. Peace out.:peace:

They will all be quadlined and unsure if the net is needed if I do it properly.
Oh, you should've just asked that, then.

Short answer is you shouldn't need a net if doing quadlining. The structure generally is a pretty strong one. That assumes you've done the normal things like a slight breeze and ample silica along the way.

But, you shouldn't need a net even if you do end up supporting the odd bud here and there.

Oh, you should've just asked that, than.

Short answer is you shouldn't need a net if doing quadlining. The structure generally is a pretty strong one. That assumes you've done the normal things like a slight breeze and ample silica along the way.

But, you shouldn't need a net even if you do end up supporting the odd bud here and there.
Thank you, Azi! Being that the 2 in question will be outdoors, there will be plenty of breeze which is the reason, I believe, that my previous lack of knowledge caused the colas to lean into each other. Then again, they were a snip and hope kinda thing. Quadlining should, as you say, rectify it but due to unlimited direct sunlight exposure when the sun is lower during spring and autumn, they tended to reach like my family for hand-outs. :rolleyes:
I was hoping that the net would not only keep them separated, but also keep them from stretching. My buds, in the past , have been loose as a goose.
Thanks for your consideration, Azi!

Thanks for asking @Bill284 and thanks for the answer bluter. They will all be quadlined and unsure if the net is needed if I do it properly. Between the four outdoor, 2 in the air (photos to be provided in the future when potted, and 2 on the ground which tended to mold in the past due to my ignorance of all the techniques applicable.
So thenks, Bluter... 4 inches it shall be. I am soooo looking forward to this grow. Our legal CDN suppliers suck when it comes time to making hash and will soon be set up for a constant supply!
Thanks again you two. Peace out.:peace:
I had in my 120x120cm tent 8 sqares a line, devided goes to a 15x15cm for each square? not that good at math, lol

so as @bluter wrote, the bigger, the better

same time, I found it easy to handle the branches with bigger squares, was first time scrog-in (on the 10 years celebration grow)

Stay safe!

Sorry I missed that question my friend.
What would you like to know?

Stay Safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill
Why u keep wow me bro at every post? lol :)))

Thank you, Azi! Being that the 2 in question will be outdoors, there will be plenty of breeze which is the reason, I believe, that my previous lack of knowledge caused the colas to lean into each other. Then again, they were a snip and hope kinda thing. Quadlining should, as you say, rectify it but due to unlimited direct sunlight exposure when the sun is lower during spring and autumn, they tended to reach like my family for hand-outs. :rolleyes:
I was hoping that the net would not only keep them separated, but also keep them from stretching. My buds, in the past , have been loose as a goose.
Thanks for your consideration, Azi!
Doesn't mean you can't do it if you think it will help, but it changes the harvest dynamics since you essentially have to cut the individual buds which changes the drying time etc.

But, like you say there are some advantages like keeping the buds more separate reducing chances for mold. Grower's choice for sure.

Doesn't mean you can't do it if you think it will help, but it changes the harvest dynamics since you essentially have to cut the individual buds which changes the drying time etc.

But, like you say there are some advantages like keeping the buds more separate reducing chances for mold. Grower's choice for sure.
Ok, you guys convinced me. Tis my first quadline so just wnna be careful. Will just anchor the floppy ones, if needed.
As always, Thanks.

Cafe Racers ans 1 unsexed Good day to all of you awesome growers! @Azimuth , @Bill284 , @BakedARea , @Hafta , @HappyHazmat88 , @HPS Only , @Krissi1982 , @marcus611a , @Scrogdawg and last but not least @Tkmk Thanks all for joining me. If not, no comment and no hard feelings.
After having a terrible start with the germination and murdering my only baby girl that sprouted. With the help of a seeding matt and layers of material underneath to modify temperature to the low 80's, I successfully cracked 9 of 10 and all 9 sprouted and are doing well.

Strain: Cafe Racer, Sativa dominant.
THC: 25-35%
CBD: 0.3%
Yield:
450g/m sq or 600g/plant ( LMFAO.. My best so far before learning from you is 1.5 oz.)
Effect: Strong relaxing body high ( have always had trouble sleeping more than 3-5 hours unless I get wasted and dance the night away. Covid and old age stole that from me. lol
Cross: Flavor of Purple Urkle and huge flowering of Big Bud.
Medium: Soil, Miracle grow potting mix with a little moisture control and shrimp compost for indoor. Outdoor: a mix of last years indoor soil, amended with my own compost from bin, shrimp compost and dried kelp ( I like to Kayak, kelp is free)
Pots: This is where it gets amusing considering it's outdoor and indoor.
Outdoor:
Eventually , 2 will go into 30 galon fabric pots 7 feet in the air to get sun almost all day and will attempt quadlining. Other 2 will be in a discreet corner with sun morning and evening only. Making my own 6x3 foot scrognet out of sheet metal and nylon string.
Indoor: Hexagon , 7 3/4 inch sidings, 15 inches high.
Space: 1 corner for my mother and cloning. 2x3 ft closet for the veg and 2 1/4 x 4 1/4 ft closet for flowering.
Lighting: Corner: 100w Mars hydro
Veg,: x 100w vivosun
Flower: 300w TSL2000
Nutes: Veg: 20-20-20
Flower: Big Bud and a short period of Overdrive considering I will be droughting one of each outdoor for the sake of science.

Photo 1: 18 hours of soak and 20 -24 hours of germination.
Photo 2: 9 Cafe Racers and 1 unsexed Gorilla glue (Gigi) 2-3 days to sprout.
Photo 3: Nutes and corner for mother and cloning
Photo 4: 2 x 3 foot veg closet

IMG_20220331_085156_resized_20220331_060552886.jpg
IMG_20220404_105839_resized_20220405_014545616.jpg

IMG_20220404_180057_resized_20220404_060303427.jpg
IMG_20220404_175829_resized_20220404_060304100.jpg

Thats my start-up , people. Will have a few questions later on concerning the big move to outdoors and up potting amongst others. Thanks so much for being here and looking forward to any and all feed-back or advice. Have yourselves a great day!

Good day, dear friends. Spent the last few days selectively topping the ladies so should soon be seeing some difference in growth.
Gigi, the unsexed Gorilla Glue is only 1 week older but wow, can't wait to put her behind the tomato garden, will need the last potting soon. The newest growth on it has white tips, should I be worried?
IMG_4weeks.jpg
IMG_Gigi5weeks.jpg

Watch the tips to see if it persists or worsens. Tip burn can be a sign of slightly higher than needed nute levels. Tell us what you see using for nutes again?
Thanks, AZI. Using the last of my powderred 20-20-20, but in weak dosages. These are the drop in pouches that disolve. So the dosages aren't exact.
Could it be, that since I am growing this one horizontally to keep it out of view, could it be that the canopy has extended well beyond it's roots. Need to wait 2 weeks before I can bury it outside.
Thanks, Azi!

No, I don't think the canopy outgrowing the roots has anything to do with it really. The plant has a pretty good transport system to get stuff where it needs to go.

Tip burn is something else and most of the time is excess nutrients. However, some growers like the tip burn as it means they have pushed the maximum nutes the plant can handle at them. You just don't want too much of a nute burn because excess nutrients of one type can lock out others even if they are present.

So, I would watch it a bit to make sure it doesn't get significantly worse, but also wouldn't stress too much about it in it's current condition.

No, I don't think the canopy outgrowing the roots has anything to do with it really. The plant has a pretty good transport system to get stuff where it needs to go.

Tip burn is something else and most of the time is excess nutrients. However, some growers like the tip burn as it means they have pushed the maximum nutes the plant can handle at them. You just don't want too much of a nute burn because excess nutrients of one type can lock out others even if they are present.

So, I would watch it a bit to make sure it doesn't get significantly worse, but also wouldn't stress too much about it in it's current condition.

Thanks for the 411, and answering my concern. Will keep it to str8 water and keep an eye on it. You'da man, bro!

So, not necessarily straight water, but using whatever your normal fertigation schedule is, just maybe a hint less of the nutes.
Can anyone help me on this one? I Have one plant only that has its bottom fan leaves drying crisp and browning. I looked on the link " about plant problems but haven't seen an example of the problem. I am pretty sure that they are getting enough watert. Here is a pic. of Ida:
IMG_20220506_Ida.jpg

Any idea why?
Cheers, Azi!
BTW! Azimuth is Arabic. Curious as to why you chose this name. Read a reference to your name in a Dan Brown novel "Origin".

Cafe Racers ans 1 unsexed Good day to all of you awesome growers! @Azimuth , @Bill284 , @BakedARea , @Hafta , @HappyHazmat88 , @HPS Only , @Krissi1982 , @marcus611a , @Scrogdawg and last but not least @Tkmk Thanks all for joining me. If not, no comment and no hard feelings.
After having a terrible start with the germination and murdering my only baby girl that sprouted. With the help of a seeding matt and layers of material underneath to modify temperature to the low 80's, I successfully cracked 9 of 10 and all 9 sprouted and are doing well.

Strain: Cafe Racer, Sativa dominant.
THC: 25-35%
CBD: 0.3%
Yield:
450g/m sq or 600g/plant ( LMFAO.. My best so far before learning from you is 1.5 oz.)
Effect: Strong relaxing body high ( have always had trouble sleeping more than 3-5 hours unless I get wasted and dance the night away. Covid and old age stole that from me. lol
Cross: Flavor of Purple Urkle and huge flowering of Big Bud.
Medium: Soil, Miracle grow potting mix with a little moisture control and shrimp compost for indoor. Outdoor: a mix of last years indoor soil, amended with my own compost from bin, shrimp compost and dried kelp ( I like to Kayak, kelp is free)
Pots: This is where it gets amusing considering it's outdoor and indoor.
Outdoor:
Eventually , 2 will go into 30 galon fabric pots 7 feet in the air to get sun almost all day and will attempt quadlining. Other 2 will be in a discreet corner with sun morning and evening only. Making my own 6x3 foot scrognet out of sheet metal and nylon string.
Indoor: Hexagon , 7 3/4 inch sidings, 15 inches high.
Space: 1 corner for my mother and cloning. 2x3 ft closet for the veg and 2 1/4 x 4 1/4 ft closet for flowering.
Lighting: Corner: 100w Mars hydro
Veg,: x 100w vivosun
Flower: 300w TSL2000
Nutes: Veg: 20-20-20
Flower: Big Bud and a short period of Overdrive considering I will be droughting one of each outdoor for the sake of science.

Photo 1: 18 hours of soak and 20 -24 hours of germination.
Photo 2: 9 Cafe Racers and 1 unsexed Gorilla glue (Gigi) 2-3 days to sprout.
Photo 3: Nutes and corner for mother and cloning
Photo 4: 2 x 3 foot veg closet

IMG_20220331_085156_resized_20220331_060552886.jpg
IMG_20220404_105839_resized_20220405_014545616.jpg

IMG_20220404_180057_resized_20220404_060303427.jpg
IMG_20220404_175829_resized_20220404_060304100.jpg

Thats my start-up , people. Will have a few questions later on concerning the big move to outdoors and up potting amongst others. Thanks so much for being here and looking forward to any and all feed-back or advice. Have yourselves a great day!

Can anyone help me on this one? I Have one plant only that has its bottom fan leaves drying crisp and browning. I looked on the link " about plant problems but haven't seen an example of the problem. I am pretty sure that they are getting enough watert. Here is a pic. of Ida:

IMG_20220506_Ida.jpg

Any idea why just this one is acting like this?
Thanks, my friends. Be and grow well.

Hey Mucker,:ciao: sorry I get busy with Stacey on weekends. :Namaste:
Mag Def starts on old leaves on the bottom.
Looks like the start of a magnesium deficiency.
Top dress with Epsom salts.
Also can foliar spray.
What is in your pot?
What exactly has she been fed?
Do you let it dry right out if soil.

See what everyone else says. ;)

Kudos for letting it stay on her:thumb:
If you remove leaves the issue travels.

Hope your having a great weekend.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Hey Mucker,:ciao: sorry I get busy with Stacey on weekends. :Namaste:
Mag Def starts on old leaves on the bottom.
Looks like the start of a magnesium deficiency.
Top dress with Epsom salts.
Also can foliar spray.
What is in your pot?
What exactly has she been fed?
Do you let it dry right out if soil.

See what everyone else says. ;)

Kudos for letting it stay on her:thumb:
If you remove leaves the issue travels.

Hope your having a great weekend.

Bill
Well, Bill. :ciao:The same as all the rest. 20-20-20 once a week about. I bought some Cal-mag that just arrived. Will that do? I also have epsom salts.
And yes, the pot gets pretty light before I water them although Ida is the most robust of the gang, maybe she needed more. When I looked at the 420 link, I was unsure so thanks for clearing that up.:adore:
Just spent the afternoon clearing dead vines from my demi gazebo. 2 girls will be going on top and I needed to over haul the gazebo anyways.
Thanks again Bill andf I hope you had a great weekend too.

Well, Bill. :ciao:The same as all the rest. 20-20-20 once a week about. I bought some Cal-mag that just arrived. Will that do? I also have epsom salts.
And yes, the pot gets pretty light before I water them although Ida is the most robust of the gang, maybe she needed more. When I looked at the 420 link, I was unsure so thanks for clearing that up.:adore:
Just spent the afternoon clearing dead vines from my demi gazebo. 2 girls will be going on top and I needed to over haul the gazebo anyways.
Thanks again Bill andf I hope you had a great weekend too.
Epsom salts asap. Once.
Then cal mag with regular feedings. :thumb:

Bill

Hey @scottreid1966 ! Got all caught up again. Looks like @Bill284 has you going in a good direction with the Epsom salts. Have you done that already? How are they responding?
Hey guys! Epsom staved it off but Gigi grew so quickly had to put her outside but she/he recovered well. No pics yet but she made space for the known girls. True that the jiffy pots I foolishly put them in stunted them. At least they aren't as spindly as my last grows.
Quadlining this many is a definite challenge keeping them 170 degrees without stressing the ends. :rolleyes:
Candice and Fiona were just up-potted and will be put outside next week-end. They broke the Jiffy way better then the others.
Having to constantly LST the others is a daily endevour. Pipe cleaners and weights work all right but the morrow will say different and may have to back them up.
Gonna be a real challenge. The stunt hides the light for the lower nodes until I can get them to stretch enough at the proper angle.
Insert flabbergasted emoji here..... :Namaste:

IMG_20220515_184544_resized_20220515_064616921.jpg

Back
Top Bottom