I was curious about the quality of my PH meter so I did some googling about the PH of human urine, which is quite low on the PH scale, Mixed 50% water with it. PH registered at 6.8 and went up to 7. Did the same when I added PH Lower solution to my water w/out the urine. Too late to return it to Amaz. So pissed off. Any suggestions on a quality tester?
Good morning Scott. :ciao:
I've had success with Blue planet instruments.
But @bluter had a suggestion the other day , I can't remember the name.
Aprila maby , fek I can't remember.
Good morning bluter hope you are well today my friend.
What was the make of the meter you recommended?
Thanks.

Stay safe
Bill

Good morning bluter hope you are well today my friend.
What was the make of the meter you recommended?

i'm real big on the apera 60 series. get them with the cases if possible. they are at the same level as a professional hanna or blue lab for about a third less cost. the probes are replaceable, i picked up a spare but may never need it.

i'm real big on the apera 60 series. get them with the cases if possible. they are at the same level as a professional hanna or blue lab for about a third less cost. the probes are replaceable, i picked up a spare but may never need it.
Thanks bluter , I saved the message this time so I won't have to bug you again. :thanks:

Stay safe
Bill

Thanks bluter , I saved the message this time so I won't have to bug you again.

lol no worries.

hanna, blue lab, and hm comm, which i think is a hanna sub brand all make great meters as well. as long as you're getting the larger style it will always be decent gear.

Good morning Bill and @bluterThank you all for the input. Will start looking around online.
1649433086705.png

Would this be thw 1? $113 0n Amaz.

Cafe Racers ans 1 unsexed Good day to all of you awesome growers! @Azimuth , @Bill284 , @BakedARea , @Hafta , @HappyHazmat88 , @HPS Only , @Krissi1982 , @marcus611a , @Scrogdawg and last but not least @Tkmk Thanks all for joining me. If not, no comment and no hard feelings.
After having a terrible start with the germination and murdering my only baby girl that sprouted. With the help of a seeding matt and layers of material underneath to modify temperature to the low 80's, I successfully cracked 9 of 10 and all 9 sprouted and are doing well.

Strain: Cafe Racer, Sativa dominant.
THC: 25-35%
CBD: 0.3%
Yield:
450g/m sq or 600g/plant ( LMFAO.. My best so far before learning from you is 1.5 oz.)
Effect: Strong relaxing body high ( have always had trouble sleeping more than 3-5 hours unless I get wasted and dance the night away. Covid and old age stole that from me. lol
Cross: Flavor of Purple Urkle and huge flowering of Big Bud.
Medium: Soil, Miracle grow potting mix with a little moisture control and shrimp compost for indoor. Outdoor: a mix of last years indoor soil, amended with my own compost from bin, shrimp compost and dried kelp ( I like to Kayak, kelp is free)
Pots: This is where it gets amusing considering it's outdoor and indoor.
Outdoor:
Eventually , 2 will go into 30 galon fabric pots 7 feet in the air to get sun almost all day and will attempt quadlining. Other 2 will be in a discreet corner with sun morning and evening only. Making my own 6x3 foot scrognet out of sheet metal and nylon string.
Indoor: Hexagon , 7 3/4 inch sidings, 15 inches high.
Space: 1 corner for my mother and cloning. 2x3 ft closet for the veg and 2 1/4 x 4 1/4 ft closet for flowering.
Lighting: Corner: 100w Mars hydro
Veg,: x 100w vivosun
Flower: 300w TSL2000
Nutes: Veg: 20-20-20
Flower: Big Bud and a short period of Overdrive considering I will be droughting one of each outdoor for the sake of science.

Photo 1: 18 hours of soak and 20 -24 hours of germination.
Photo 2: 9 Cafe Racers and 1 unsexed Gorilla glue (Gigi) 2-3 days to sprout.
Photo 3: Nutes and corner for mother and cloning
Photo 4: 2 x 3 foot veg closet

IMG_20220331_085156_resized_20220331_060552886.jpg
IMG_20220404_105839_resized_20220405_014545616.jpg

IMG_20220404_180057_resized_20220404_060303427.jpg
IMG_20220404_175829_resized_20220404_060304100.jpg

Thats my start-up , people. Will have a few questions later on concerning the big move to outdoors and up potting amongst others. Thanks so much for being here and looking forward to any and all feed-back or advice. Have yourselves a great day!
So here are the 2 seemingly fertilized ladies, Candice and Fiona.. All are 7 days old. Although their color is yellowish, it's uniformally yellow and the leaves seem otherwise healthy.

IMG_20220407_092609_resized_20220407_092644317.jpg

Just getting back and caught up.

I was curious about the quality of my PH meter so I did some googling about the PH of human urine, which is quite low on the PH scale, Mixed 50% water with it. PH registered at 6.8 and went up to 7. Did the same when I added PH Lower solution to my water w/out the urine. Too late to return it to Amaz. So pissed off. Any suggestions on a quality tester?

^^^ This!!! I think it may have been @bluter that pushed me toward the Apera PH60 model. That one runs about $80 right now on the Zon. The 5-in-1 tester is around $115 I think. I agree that getting it with the case is a good idea. Also, I don't think the extra stuff is needed on the more expensive model. I'd rather have a less expensive head to replace that is dedicated to being used only for pH. TDS or conductivity can be measure with cheaper units if it's needed. Being that I'm also in soil, I rarely bring my pH meter out honestly. I just don't worry about it...like at all!
Thanks bluter , I saved the message this time so I won't have to bug you again. :thanks:

Stay safe
Bill
I'd save it too...but then I'd forget that i saved it and tag @bluter again anyway!

Just getting back and caught up.

^^^ This!!! I think it may have been @bluter that pushed me toward the Apera PH60 model. That one runs about $80 right now on the Zon. The 5-in-1 tester is around $115 I think. I agree that getting it with the case is a good idea. Also, I don't think the extra stuff is needed on the more expensive model. I'd rather have a less expensive head to replace that is dedicated to being used only for pH. TDS or conductivity can be measure with cheaper units if it's needed. Being that I'm also in soil, I rarely bring my pH meter out honestly. I just don't worry about it...like at all!

I'd save it too...but then I'd forget that i saved it and tag @bluter again anyway!
In my previous years of growing, before 420magazine, my yield was a pitiful 1.5 oz maximum, per plant, indoor and out. I have no idea what my tap water PH is or what my outdoor soil is like. I expected on having to spend a little more this year and would give anything to get the cola quota that most of you people are getting. Hell! I would be happy with 3 oz. / plant. I would also like to try an indoor coco grow with my future clones. @Bill284 has had great success and the PH needed is probably a hell of a lot lower than my tap. The tester above runs for $113 CDN. Was the only PH60 I could find.

The tester above runs for $113 CDN. Was the only PH60 I could find.
Ooof...I forgot about the price difference. I was looking at USD. I forget that there's other currency. Haaa haaa. Damn Americans.

Hey, so with soil, it's the best medium that acts as a pH buffer. Doesn't mean it cannot get whacky, but I generally don't bother. When I do decide to try hydro, then yes, there is no doubt I will utilizing all the tools available to make sure it is dialed in. Right now, I can't even dial in my watering habits...sooooo...
:laugh:

1649432240426.png
would this be the one? $113.00 on Amazon

that looks like the one. get a dedicated ph meter and a dedicated ec/ppm meter.. the all-in-one units are too finicky to play with. if you can get a deal with the travel cases i'd go for that.

your gonna kill your seedlings.

img_20220407_092609_resized_20220407_092644317-jpg.2510043

don't plant them inside those peat/cardboard starter pots. they do not break down and your seedling should be suffocating to death right about now. you'll never make it to veg. those things are fucking terrible.

Hi Gents!
Quick update, lost 2 (Fiona and Candice) I think due to nutes in my potting soil. Using it for a few years now but this was a first time thw babes sprouted yellow. They came out evenly yellow, stayed yellow and didn't drink what I gave them. C'est la vie!
Training Gigi to go to the tomato garden and keep a low profile, she may be a George, unknown sex, but is available for a quick steal. No camera on that 1.
Gigi about to veg but will have to wait a week till my true girls get a 5 leafer.

IMG_20220414_174117_resized_20220414_054159829.jpg

that looks like the one. get a dedicated ph meter and a dedicated ec/ppm meter.. the all-in-one units are too finicky to play with. if you can get a deal with the travel cases i'd go for that.

your gonna kill your seedlings.

img_20220407_092609_resized_20220407_092644317-jpg.2510043

don't plant them inside those peat/cardboard starter pots. they do not break down and your seedling should be suffocating to death right about now. you'll never make it to veg. those things are fucking terrible.
Just saw the warning today. My girls are now 2 weeks old except for Gigi (unsexed) at 3 weeks. I transplanted her to continue the LST and the roots were growing like crazy outside the carton. I have been watering slightly around the perimeters to keep the the jiffy pots wet. Will know better next time. Two have the first single leaves yellowing but I did start yesterday giving them small doses of 20-20-20 in the water.
IMG_2 weeks.jpg
(going to have to spank the girlfriend for that advice but they work well in her garden. ;)

the roots were growing like crazy outside the carton. I have been watering slightly around the perimeters to keep the the jiffy pots wet. Will know better next time.

so long as they busted out you should be ok. it will slow development and might stunt them but you won't lose them. the real danger is if they bottle up the roots, but you are past that.

also if they are autos they will almost always trigger if the roots hit an obstruction.

so long as they busted out you should be ok. it will slow development and might stunt them but you won't lose them. the real danger is if they bottle up the roots, but you are past that.

also if they are autos they will almost always trigger if the roots hit an obstruction.
Fortunately, a little stunt may help my noobie ass. All my past grows w/o the help of 420 members, have over stretched and yielded badly. Still have a month before I plant 4 outdoors. The 2 in the ground will have limited direct sunlight and some colas tend to mold from leaning against one another so I will be using/building my first scrog net. Should I make the string grids 3x3 inches or 4x4?

Fortunately, a little stunt may help my noobie ass.

i'm guessing you're well past that.
i'm a bit surprised as i have seen those things not work well. on garden plants as much as cannabis.

All my past grows w/o the help of 420 members, have over stretched and yielded badly. Still have a month before I plant 4 outdoors. The 2 in the ground will have limited direct sunlight and some colas tend to mold from leaning against one another so I will be using/building my first scrog net. Should I make the string grids 3x3 inches or 4x4?

is the whole grow finishing outdoor ?
i don't think it really matters if you are outdoor.. 3 x 3 seems plenty. i'd honestly go with 4 x 4 if it's easier though.

Fortunately, a little stunt may help my noobie ass. All my past grows w/o the help of 420 members, have over stretched and yielded badly. Still have a month before I plant 4 outdoors. The 2 in the ground will have limited direct sunlight and some colas tend to mold from leaning against one another so I will be using/building my first scrog net. Should I make the string grids 3x3 inches or 4x4?
Appreciate the likes but I really needed advice on the scrog net. :cool:

wanna diy?
wanna use it in tent?
wanna go as cheap as possible?

what size is where you wanna fit the scrog net?

Sorry I missed that question my friend.
What would you like to know?

Stay Safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

the way i read it he's outdoor and looking for advice on a 3 x 3 or 4 x 4 inch scrog net.
ftr i voted bigger.

i think he's only running some outdoor though. bigger net outdoor, smaller indoor is my final offer lol. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom