California Plant Count Question: Male Plants

Have to see website for whoever is in charge of the rules (be it medical or rec), as they all can be different, but that said I have never seen a difference anywhere far as sex goes and in that case a plant is a plant I imagine. Here in OR it is major difference on what is a plant if Rec or Med, if Rec even seedlings and clone starts are considered a "plant" so having "4 plants" is tough if you using regular seeds, med has different rules that go by height of plant etc....Also good idea to check their site from time to time as they have a tendency to change the rules on a regular basis (especially at first).

I really doubt if the lawmakers even know there's a difference
between male and female cannabis.
I don't really have the answer to your question...I just know the folks making the laws aren't the most "pot savvy" bunch.

Done a bunch of reading and the details only go as far as 6 plants. Given laws around hemp/CBD, not sure it makes sense for all plants to be looked at the same, but the search continues I guess.

Basically if they don't specify what is considered "a plant" then anything in any stage is considered a plant far as their idiotic rules go. If you growing for yourself or giving it away (if allowed there) not like it will be an issue, if you are selling it or you over that number in plain view (like in your yard) then more of an issue (or how I look at it anyway as like I said here in OR 4 plants is max for Rec which is hard to be at/under if using Regular seeds and everything freaking counts as a plant ;) :rofl:)

Basically if they don't specify what is considered "a plant" then anything in any stage is considered a plant far as their idiotic rules go. If you growing for yourself or giving it away (if allowed there) not like it will be an issue, if you are selling it or you over that number in plain view (like in your yard) then more of an issue (or how I look at it anyway as like I said here in OR 4 plants is max for Rec which is hard to be at/under if using Regular seeds and everything freaking counts as a plant ;) :rofl:)
Thanks, and yeah I’m all personal. I just wasn’t sure if males were an exception since they don’t produce flowers, but to your point I don’t think they are.

Plants are plants.. sex is only relevant to the grower.

Back
Top Bottom