Cannabis Dosing: Delivery Methods & Dosing Guidelines

Just a little update that may or may not have already been covered. :battingeyelashes:

Effective ratios for therapies

1:1 for neurologic issues like
* spinal chord injuries
* multiple sclerosis

22:1 (CBD:THC) for
* anti-inflammatory
* anti-cancer growth and metastasis
* autoimmune disorders
* epilepsy
* psychosis

Juicing guidelines:
- 1/2 oz of buds per day or 50-100 leaves

Your small batches... how much oil do you use per gram? I think letting it sit will potentiate it. I'd recommend bringing it to room temperature a couple times during that period and then back into the fridge. This helps the lecithin break the components down finer and finer.

Hi Sue sorry for the late reply. I lost this one ....

I actually dont measure things anymore.

I use a small (1 cup) measuring cup, fill it to 50 ml line with crumbled bud, add EVOO, stirring a few times, until its all saturated, then Ill add about 1/8inch more. Then Ill add a quarter size blob of LSL.

Hi Sue sorry for the late reply. I lost this one ....

I actually dont measure things anymore.

I use a small (1 cup) measuring cup, fill it to 50 ml line with crumbled bud, add EVOO, stirring a few times, until its all saturated, then Ill add about 1/8inch more. Then Ill add a quarter size blob of LSL.

Ahhh..... Old school cookery. :laughtwo: I can see how eyeballing it would work nicely. It's what I'd do if it was just me. Having patients pushed me to be more precise.

Hi Sue,

I've been experimenting with various THC only strains the last 12 months, exercising and eating better. My depression lifted a few months ago.

Sounds all rosy but in last few weeks anxiety has been getting worse. I believe the anxiety has always been with me since some childhood traumas and not necessarily related to THC strains. But I could be wrong. There's also a surge in family of origin bs in my life since June..lol.

I was looking in our fridge for some salad dressing and found a CBD extract I bought last year and forgot about it. So I put one drop on my finger and rubbed it under my tongue. I relaxed almost immediately. Racing thoughts got quieter and the vanished. And I also was pleased that I wasn't feeling seriously impaired compared to just THC.

This week has been one of experimenting with dosing. One drop after supper was not quite enough. Today I added 1/2 drop in the morning.

Last Monday I ordered some seeds. Blue Dream CBD (1:1) and Dinamed (25:1). I chose these 2 ratios as I was unsure which ratio would be better for anxiety.

So after all this preamble, can I ask your opinion on which ratio is more suited for treating anxiety?

Kind Regards,
Brian

Interesting Article:

What Are the Best Cannabis Strains for Anxiety?
Bailey Rahn
6-7 minutes

The relationship between cannabis and anxiety is a complicated one. For some, a small puff of cannabis provides unrivaled relief of worry, panic, stress, and other anxiety-related symptoms. Unfortunately others experience heightened paranoia and exacerbated anxiety with marijuana. This common reaction can be attributed to a strain’s THC content, but what many people don’t realize is there are many strains now that have little to no THC. These low-THC, high-CBD strains are changing the game for anxiety sufferers, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t strains rich in THC that can’t also help.

The first step to picking a good strain to combat your anxiety is recognizing your tolerance and sensitivity, and step two involves experimenting with new strains to determine which best suit your symptoms. This guide is meant to help you through the discovery process as it points out the nuances to look for the next time you visit your local dispensary.

Best Cannabis Strains for Generalized Anxiety

Leafly Granddaddy Purple cannabis strain tileLeafly Granddaddy Purple cannabis strain effects

Many people prefer indicas over sativas because they relax the mind rather than supercharge it. For this reason we recommend Granddaddy Purple, which eases you into a peaceful mindset while urging your body to release all that stress and tension.

Leafly Jack Herer cannabis strain tileLeafly Jack Herer cannabis strain effects

A high-THC sativa typically wouldn’t be our first recommendation for anxiety; they tend to have racy cerebral effects that tug at anxiety rather than help it. But Jack Herer is different in that its euphoria tapers in gently with calming effects that could possibly be explained by Jack’s relaxing parent, Northern Lights.

Leafly Cannatonic cannabis strain tileLeafly Cannatonic cannabis strain effects

For the THC-sensitive, we recommend the high-CBD hybrid Cannatonic. This strain typically has a CBD profile that sizes up to its THC content in a 1:1 ratio, which helps blunt the anxious edge that a lot of anxiety-sufferers experience with cannabis. Cannatonic tends to also boast high levels of the terpene myrcene, which contributes to this strain’s deeply relaxing attributes.

Leafly user kevinbsmith14“I’m not very good when it comes to marijuana with high THC contents as the effects give me anxiety. Cannatonic is high in CBD and low(er) in THC and is a great combination! It helps relieve stress and anxiety… without causing any!”

Best Cannabis Strains for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

Leafly Girl Scout Cookies cannabis strain tileLeafly Girl Scout Cookies cannabis strain effects

Girl Scout Cookies has numerous Cannabis Cup awards to back up its reputation for containing staggering amounts of THC. White this may seem like a panic attack waiting to happen, studies have shown that people with PTSD often have a deficiency of a naturally occurring THC-like compound called anandamide, which plays a role in memory. When we consider the fact that THC can replenish these compounds for therapeutic benefit, it’s easy to see why so many PTSD patients sing GSC’s praises.

Leafly user jennidy“Great for PTSD-related symptoms. Vaped last night and slept really well (no night terrors) after a relaxed night with my partner. Felt equal and balanced the next day, with a much lower level of anxiety.”

Leafly Canna-Tsu cannabis strain tileLeafly Canna-Tsu cannabis strain effects

Not everyone wants to get stoned every time their PTSD symptoms flare up. Luckily, there are high-CBD strains like Canna-Tsu to help you keep a clear head while you medicate. Canna-Tsu still has some THC, but it’s counterbalanced by CBD for a relaxing, functional effect.
Best Cannabis Strains for Social Anxiety

Leafly Strawberry Cough cannabis strain tileLeafly Strawberry Cough cannabis strain effects

Social anxiety is tricky: you want a strain that keeps you alert and social, but nothing so stimulating that your mind races as you exude awkwardness. Strawberry Cough may be a sativa, but it manages to walk the fine line between energizing and calming, making it easy to converse without feeling overly paranoid.

Leafly user windowlickingood“I usually shy away from going out in the public while smoking any bud. With this, it actually felt nice to be out while being medicated. I was able to hold constructive conversations.”

Leafly ACDC cannabis strain tileLeafly ACDC cannabis strain effects

For more severe cases of social anxiety, a high-CBD strain might be better suited for you. ACDC’s cannabinoid profile can vary, but it typically contains about 20 times more CBD than THC so its psychoactive effects are minimal. This makes it easy to stay relaxed, clear-headed, and focused in what would normally be an uncomfortable social situation.
Best Cannabis Strains for Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)

Leafly Northern Lights cannabis strain tileLeafly Northern Lights cannabis strain effects

The link between OCD and cannabis is not well understood, but based on user ratings and reviews it would seem that there are a few strains out there that help settle nervous fixations. A tranquilizing indica like Northern Lights helps slow the mind and body down, bringing them into a relaxed state where the organization of your Tupperware drawer doesn’t matter quite so much.

Leafly user mjmend“Northern Lights won me to Team Indica. I suffer from OCD, social/generalized anxiety, arthritis and muscle spasms in my back. Most hybrids and sativas have made me paranoid as all hell. This might be my favorite strain so far. The overall effect was calm, relaxed, without racing thoughts, and a definite decrease in pain.”

Leafly White Fire OG cannabis strain tileLeafly White Fire OG cannabis strain effects

White Fire OG, or WiFi OG, might have high levels of THC, but many OCD patients find solace in this potent hybrid strain. This could possibly be attributed to the presence of myrcene and/or limonene, terpenes that promote relaxation and stress-relief.
Best Cannabis Strains for Insomnia

Leafly Blackberry Kush cannabis strain tileLeafly Blackberry Kush cannabis strain effects

Blackberry Kush is a heavy indica strain that inherits crushingly sedating effects from its Afghani parent and a sweet berry flavor from Blueberry. This may not be a strain you can indulge in throughout the day, but you’ll be more than grateful to have it at your bedside when insomnia rears its ugly head.

Leafly Purple Urkle cannabis strain tileLeafly Purple Urkle cannabis strain effects

Another powerfully relaxing indica strain, Purple Urkle, annihilates the anxiety and stress that keeps you tossing and turning throughout the night.

Hmmmm.... I'll have to try a Jack Herer and have the daughter test it. She grew to like the sativa buzz, but Carnival drove her to the edge of suicide, so we assumed sativas were off limits. If it doesn't work for her I know I'd like the strain myself, so it wouldn't go to waste.

I wonder if it has something to do with the high levels of terpinoline often found in Jack Herer?

THere's a Facebook group called "Cannabis Success Stories", which I watch. Today someone posted about using capsules rectally, and one of the regulars on the page said that was WRONG - not to be done as it is poorly absorbed (only 3% "they said"). They even had an article reprinted that backed up that theory. What do we know about that?

THere's a Facebook group called "Cannabis Success Stories", which I watch. Today someone posted about using capsules rectally, and one of the regulars on the page said that was WRONG - not to be done as it is poorly absorbed (only 3% "they said"). They even had an article reprinted that backed up that theory. What do we know about that?

IMHO, they are not comparing apples to apples. Not all suppositories are created equal. :)

When you create the Biobombs, we are using liposomal encapsulation to greatly increase the bioavailability of the cannabinoids. You are essentially making them water soluble so they will pass though the cell wall better. :circle-of-love::peace:

Hi all .... does anyone have experience with ingesting raw cannabis to share? Either fresh sugar leaves or the flowers?

Ive been doing this for a while. The baby leaves taste quite good. The buds not so much because of the terpines can be strong on the tongue.
Toasted bud is much smoother.

I like to munch on a chunk the size of a pea. I guess that's the calyx which break off quite easily one by one.

Seems to work just as well as a cannabis extract or edible. Im starting to wonder if its worth the hassle of processing.

Crumbled bud, put through a course strainer, is easily spooned on or in to anything. Cereal, salad, soup, coffee, pasta, whatever.

Easy to go through 1 or 2 grams of dried bud in a day.

Hi old bear, I have been juicing raw cannabis for quite a while now, I fill disposable ice cube packs and freeze them for shakes. I do add a small amount of Chlorella to the juice as well. I have MS and suffer from digestive issues. This concoction has helped eliminate my digestive problems altogether, it strengthens the immune system, so our bodies respond properly. It also removes heavy metals and toxins from our body, we are less likely to get environmentally cancers, chlorella enhances the action of T cells helping to fight new abnormal cells.
A combination of cannabis and Chlorella detoxifies your body and there is no dispute of the Benefits of THC-A and CBN-A with the anti-inflammatory properties.

That's horse poopy... My wife has been using rectal suppositories with Concentrated Cannabis oil, Olive oil and Liquid lecithin for about 6 months and they work well!
A couple of times we changed the dose and once we tried to omit it, and her symptoms increased right away, and when she shoved another capsule, her symptoms receded within a couple of hours.

Similarly, just recently my wife tried swallowing the same caps, in stead of shoving them and they were not nearly as effective.

I dunno all the science behind it... there's wiser minds here that can talk about that, but as a experienced user of these suppositories, there is no doubt in my mind that they are more effective than swallowing them. And the suppositories I made for her carefully followed the protocols described here.

They work very well.

There's a lot of controversy about suppositories, but CajunCelt took us ahead of the curve with our BioBomb concoction. Regular suppositories don't absorb well, because oils don't absorb through the cell walls of the rectum area on their own. We add additional carrier oil and then use liquid sunflower lecithin to encapsulate those oil-bonded cannabinoids so they slip right into the system. Cajun has shared that his labs showed a distinct uptick in serum cannabinoid concentrations following suppository use as we practice here.

Prohibition has tied the hands of the researchers up to now. We feel certain that future explorations will back up our contentions as to the effectiveness of well-made suppositories.

Can you please clearly explain how to prepare the dosage for rectum consumption. My mother is in advance stage of ovarian cancer, which majorly spread in colon and not allowing her to eat anything. Whenever she ate something, she vomits. So when we are giving combination of cannabis and coconut oil, she vomits most of the time.
We are really worried about her situation. Any suggestion on how to prepare rectum dosage and how to take it will be great help.

I have a question. I took stock of what I have on the shelf, and some of my buds are a year old. All are, however at least 2 months old.

Do I have to decarb them before cooking with them, or did curing them decarb them naturally? I think I ought to rotate out the old buds.

Can you please clearly explain how to prepare the dosage for rectum consumption. My mother is in advance stage of ovarian cancer, which majorly spread in colon and not allowing her to eat anything. Whenever she ate something, she vomits. So when we are giving combination of cannabis and coconut oil, she vomits most of the time.
We are really worried about her situation. Any suggestion on how to prepare rectum dosage and how to take it will be great help.

Hello Piyush84. This is a link to the thread on making BioBombs with Concentrated Cannabis Oil.

BioBombs: Cannabis Oil With A Kick

If you're using an infused oil that oil can be loaded into capsules and used as suppositories too. If you can get 00 capsules you don't need to make formed suppositories. The capsules work well in their stead.

As to insertion, these are the instructions from CajunCelt's Cancer Regimen thread, which I recommend you read at least the first five or so pages of. There are members who watch over that thread who can be a great resource for you if you're treating cancer.

A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer

CajunCelt said:
-Insertion

Lie on your preferred side with your top leg pulled up towards your chest.

Lift your upper butt-cheek to expose your rectum.

Insert the suppository lengthwise, with the pointed tip first, using your index finger to push the suppository in.

-Placement

Ensure the suppository has been inserted past the anal sphincter. If not inserted fully past the sphincter, some or all of the suppository may be expelled without the active ingredients reaching the rectal wall and being absorbed into the blood stream.

It is important to not place the suppository too high up in the rectum.

If placed too high, the active constituents will enter the Superior (upper) hemorrhoidal artery, which leads to the liver. This presents the same problem as oral application, as the liver will metabolize a significant proportion of the active ingredients.

The suppository should ideally be placed around 2 ½ to 4 centimetres (1 to 1 ½ inches) into the rectum, just past the anal sphincter.

-After insertion

Hold your buttocks together and tightly squeeze the muscles in your sphincter for a few seconds after insertion to help keep the suppository from sliding out.

Remain lying on your side for several minutes after insertion to allow the suppository to fully diffuse through the rectum. This will also help to prevent the unintended expulsion of the suppository.

Dispose of the glove or finger cot sanitarily and wash your hands thoroughly using soap and hot water, paying extra attention to cleaning under the nails and between the fingers.

Be very aware of the possibility of unintended expulsion of melted suppository residue during flatulence over the next few hours after insertion. If you have ANY doubts, use a toilet.

And a link to the thread KingstonRabbi started to show you how easy it can be to use the capsules as suppositories.

How to take a CCO capsule suppository

For closer support with treating the cancer I recommend you stop at Cajun's thread.

Well. it seems I can get stoned by just HANDLING my Ladies without gloves! it took me a good hour to pick the good stuff off the AK 48 I retired and save her seeds. And about a half hour after that I was woozy, then crashed in the recliner.

Once the rest of my salve-making supplies get here, I'm certainly going to make a small batch and use it on my achy joints!

No decarb, just fresh. That AK 48 is good Medicine! LOL!

Hi all I am new to this group and I need an immediate suggestion, my mother is having ovary cancer last stage , major issue is bowel obstruction, we are trying suppository methods , as other methods are not suiting her, it is almost 15 days we are giving 0.7ml of cannabis using coconut oil as carrier.
But no improvement till now, we are doing chemotherapy but it is also not helping.
Mother is unable to eat anything even not liquids, can someone suggest what to be done, bcoz tumor growth is increasing and obstructing intestine.

Piyush Jain

Thanks sweetsue, we have tried suppository, but not effective as using it without lecithin. Further, 00 capsule is similar as gelatin capsule, and if yes then how gelatin will get absorbed through rectum.

So thankful to have found this forum, and your information!
I'm relatively new to this, looks like I have lots of reading ahead of me.
I'm currently using CBD isolate 50 mg twice a day and have considered adding the RSO as an evening dose and eliminating one of the isolate doses. Specifically, I'm desperate to get off of the pharmaceuticals ... meds for restless legs, trazadone for sleep issues, meds for anxiety and depression.
Has anyone had experience with this or can send me in the right direction ... as I mentioned, completely new to this so my apologies if I've posted in the wrong place
:blushsmile:

Back
Top Bottom