Cannabis Dosing: Delivery Methods & Dosing Guidelines

:thanks: ... for the super quick reply! I currently have both the isolate and oil on hand. From what I've read thus far, looks like I do need both for a good balance.
U do

Do a mix of the two and see how it helps
Try a balance that equals the mg u have been taking, and adjust from there

I read a lot of messages on this thread and one thing that I haven't seen mentioned is that cannabis is a personalized experience. Your genetics play a role in cannabinoid metabolism. The goal of phytocannabinoids is to supplement your natural ECS deficiencies and therefore you need to check your genetic allele variances as well as create a protocol specific for your type of condition and symptoms. You can ask me or look at @EarthHealthcare for guidance. The other part is method of administration. If you have a specific variance that effects an enzyme in your digestive track you may want to avoid edibles as a consumption method. If you have a particular sensitivity to THC you want to buffer with CBD and titrate low. Also topicals and transdermal patches combined with an internal protocol can be helpful as well.

Morning Sue and all. I figured this was as good a place as any to post this.

I was looking for something new to try. I decided to make cannacream (1/2&1/2 ;)) to put in my coffee. Here is how I made it.

8g cured decarbed bud ground into powder in a coffee grinder
2c 1/2 & 1/2
2T liquid sunflower lecithin

Decarb in oven roasting bag (cuts smell to almost nothing) @230f for 110 minutes. Grind in coffee grinder till powder. I put 1/2&1/2 and lecithin in 1qt mason jar. Add powder and shake. Place in oven @190f for 8 hours (I did it over night), shaking occasionally. Place in fridge when done. I did not stain it. the powder is so fine you don't notice it. It thickens to a yogurt consistency. I used a "normal" amount in my coffee and it was almost too much. :) 1 spoonful is all you need. If you want your coffee lighter, use regular cream, :) Enjoy. :circle-of-love::peace:

So thankful to have found this forum, and your information!
I'm relatively new to this, looks like I have lots of reading ahead of me.
I'm currently using CBD isolate 50 mg twice a day and have considered adding the RSO as an evening dose and eliminating one of the isolate doses. Specifically, I'm desperate to get off of the pharmaceuticals ... meds for restless legs, trazadone for sleep issues, meds for anxiety and depression.
Has anyone had experience with this or can send me in the right direction ... as I mentioned, completely new to this so my apologies if I've posted in the wrong place
:blushsmile:

I've had great success treating my daughter for both anxiety and depression using a chemovar with a 2:1 ratio of CBD:THC. Something to keep in mind. Cannabis expresses so individually, patient to patient, that there's going to be a lot of fun trial and error in your future. Thankfully, the medicine you've chosen to experiment with comes with no dangerous side effects.

That chemovar I use for my daughter effectively treats her sleep issues as well.

I'd think CCO (what we around here call RSO) would be a better fit than the isolates. The body doesn't respond as well to isolates as it does to whole plant oils. If you're going to use concentrated oils I recommend you check out our thread on the BioBombs. We believe this formulation elevates bioavailability to over 80%. This means more effective relief for less oil used, saving you money. Here's a link.

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/biobombs-cannabis-oil-kick.356122/

I read a lot of messages on this thread and one thing that I haven't seen mentioned is that cannabis is a personalized experience. Your genetics play a role in cannabinoid metabolism. The goal of phytocannabinoids is to supplement your natural ECS deficiencies and therefore you need to check your genetic allele variances as well as create a protocol specific for your type of condition and symptoms. You can ask me or look at @EarthHealthcare for guidance. The other part is method of administration. If you have a specific variance that effects an enzyme in your digestive track you may want to avoid edibles as a consumption method. If you have a particular sensitivity to THC you want to buffer with CBD and titrate low. Also topicals and transdermal patches combined with an internal protocol can be helpful as well.

You need to keep reading. :battingeyelashes: I touch on the subjects here and in many other threads. We're well aware of the individual expression of cannabis and the challenges that presents for the new regimen. We also work with and recommend a number of different pathways into the system, determined by the patient and the disease being treated.

Genetic testing is indeed a valuable tool, but at the current prices, not something many around here are going to be putting money out for. If our federal government officials can someday grasp the concept of Universal Healthcare we might be able to get this included. Think of the savings.

In the meantime we use the tried and true method of starting at a sub therapeutic level and increase ever-so-gently, hoping not to overshoot the optimal dose. Euphoria can be easily controlled by choosing the proper administration method, spacing the doses out throughout the day - good advice regardless - and buffering with CBD, as you point out.

It's good to meet you LenMay. :hug: I got the feeling reading your post that you were concerned we weren't adequately informed. The concern warmed my heart. I hope you stick around the med threads and contribute more. A caring heart is a valuable asset around here. :love:

Morning Sue and all. I figured this was as good a place as any to post this.

I was looking for something new to try. I decided to make cannacream (1/2&1/2 ;)) to put in my coffee. Here is how I made it.

8g cured decarbed bud ground into powder in a coffee grinder
2c 1/2 & 1/2
2T liquid sunflower lecithin

Decarb in oven roasting bag (cuts smell to almost nothing) @230f for 110 minutes. Grind in coffee grinder till powder. I put 1/2&1/2 and lecithin in 1qt mason jar. Add powder and shake. Place in oven @190f for 8 hours (I did it over night), shaking occasionally. Place in fridge when done. I did not stain it. the powder is so fine you don't notice it. It thickens to a yogurt consistency. I used a "normal" amount in my coffee and it was almost too much. :) 1 spoonful is all you need. If you want your coffee lighter, use regular cream, :) Enjoy. :circle-of-love::peace:

Delightful Dave! :high-five: You should drop a copy of this post at Cannafan's cooking thread.

Yummy :high-five:

Hmmm mixing a little of the fine powder with hot chocolate powder has potential.

And eggnog ..... oh my

Oh yeah....eggnog with a kick! :woohoo:

Do I have to decarb them before cooking with them, or did curing them decarb them naturally?

I am very curious on this as well. We were all set to decarb prior to making tinctures and salves and then stumbled on this (here and Sweetie's Cannabis Study Hall). Thanks!

I am very curious on this as well. We were all set to decarb prior to making tinctures and salves and then stumbled on this (here and Sweetie's Cannabis Study Hall). Thanks!

Had to look outside 420.com to get a clear(er) answer on this and seems short answer is YES, I need to decarb even dried/cured cannabis.

Had to look outside 420.com to get a clear(er) answer on this and seems short answer is YES, I need to decarb even dried/cured cannabis.

Yep - some form of that information is around here somewhere but it's needle in a haystack territory trying to find those snippets sometimes (often). I remember it from reading SweetSue's first journal, which I read over 2 weeks - like a novel. She used to decarb buds to take them to Dale in hospital and they'd have these great 'value added' outings .. And Sue's morning bus rides were often value added as well. .

And I know it's been mentioned since, but where exactly, I couldn't tell you so yeah - not surprised you ended up finding it elsewhere.

That really depends on what you're looking for from your cannabinoid therapy. For pain management you're likely looking for maximum THC, so you'd want complete decarboxylation. For inflammation it appears THCA may be valuable, so an incomplete decarb wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

So many variables. It's really hard to pin cannabis down to any standard. It wants to write its own rules. The botanical rebel. Lol!

Hi everyone. Ive been experiencing something I want to share.

I dont like to experience the effects of too much thc. What I have found is that if:

I take a low/no thc high cbd oil
then wait a half hour or so
then start taking high thc no cbd oil

I get minimal unwelcome thc effects.

I think weve known for a long time that cbd helps diminish thc side effects.

Whats new to me is that it works so much better if I give it (the cbd oil) a head start.

I dont like to experience the effects of too much thc. What I have found is that if:

Whats new to me is that it works so much better if I give it (the cbd oil) a head start.

Great info Bear

I'm making some oil now with Candida ..... I'm also not a big fan of the THC high

I'll try this when my oil is done

Great info Bear

I'm making some oil now with Candida ..... I'm also not a big fan of the THC high

Mara Gordon of Aunt Zelda's has from the start recommended her patients take their major cannabinoids two hours apart. It makes the therapies more efficient and allows them to reduce the doses of both THC and CBD and gain more therapeutic effect.

Chris, I wasn't aware that you disliked the euphoric effects of THC. Now your plant choices make more sense. Me? I'm all about euphoria. :laughtwo:

Thank you for this invaluable insight. Have you attempted to take them further apart to see if anything changes? As you can see in my previous post, the clinicians are recommending you split up the cannabinoid doses, and Mara goes with two hours. This can apply for chemovars that are dominant in one cannabinoid or another as well as more isolate oils.

It would serve us well to begin recommending seperate doses of the major cannabinoids, and thank you for lighting the fire. :hug:

Mara Gordon of Aunt Zelda's has from the start recommended her patients take their major cannabinoids two hours apart. It makes the therapies more efficient and allows them to reduce the doses of both THC and CBD and gain more therapeutic effect.

Chris, I wasn't aware that you disliked the euphoric effects of THC. Now your plant choices make more sense. Me? I'm all about euphoria. :laughtwo:
I'm not looking for a waisted high...but a smoother, motivated high or an adjustment to normal reality

Most I'm growing now are high THC that I hope will help...

Time will tell

Great - best wishes for your grow and future 'testing'.

Great info Bear

Hi Sue - I have not tried farther apart, but I can and let everyone know.

Thank you for this invaluable insight. Have you attempted to take them further apart to see if anything changes? As you can see in my previous post, the clinicians are recommending you split up the cannabinoid doses, and Mara goes with two hours. This can apply for chemovars that are dominant in one cannabinoid or another as well as more isolate oils.

It would serve us well to begin recommending seperate doses of the major cannabinoids, and thank you for lighting the fire. :hug:

That really depends on what you're looking for from your cannabinoid therapy. For pain management you're likely looking for maximum THC, so you'd want complete decarboxylation. For inflammation it appears THCA may be valuable, so an incomplete decarb wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

So many variables. It's really hard to pin cannabis down to any standard. It wants to write its own rules. The botanical rebel. Lol!

And there it is... see, you never have to wait very long around here.

So, it looks like a number of us want pain relief, to be alert enough to appreciate the reduction in pain, AND be able to function. IMO, I should not have to be passed out to reduce joint pain. That seems counter-productive to me.

Some of the methods here are way above my head, so I go dumb and simple: ingest the leaves, buds, and pods as a tincture, as a mash for capsules, or powdered for cooking and drinks. All of it is naturally decarbed, (cured), but from what I'm reading, this results in a partial decarb, which is fine with me.

I also watch how much I use, because I get royally couch-locked when I cook with too much powered leaves. ;-)

I've been using a vaporizer a lot lately and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do with this vaped material that's not a waste. I thought about making some kind of edible with them but I can't imagine it tasting very good. On the upside it should all be decarboxolated already right? Am I spelling that right?

Anyway I'm not really sure what it would go well with for edibles and I wonder if using it for butter or oil would be any better. I don't really make a lot of stuff with butter or oil in the first place.

My other idea is a topical. I remember reading here a recipe for making coconut oil and then mixing that with beeswax.

Back
Top Bottom