Cannabis Dust: Simple Consumption, Unexpected Potency

I haven't had much consistency with my capsules but on the occasion they do work they kick my ass. Two weeks ago I took one and was worthless for several hours, later that week I took one and hardly any reaction. A friend took one a few days ago and after a couple hours couldn't get out of his chair, the next time nothing. I think it has everything to do with what is on my stomach, if I remember right it was an empty stomach that worked the best. Maybe this was covered in a previous post and I've forgotten.

I haven't had much consistency with my capsules but on the occasion they do work they kick my ass. Two weeks ago I took one and was worthless for several hours, later that week I took one and hardly any reaction. A friend took one a few days ago and after a couple hours couldn't get out of his chair, the next time nothing. I think it has everything to do with what is on my stomach, if I remember right it was an empty stomach that worked the best. Maybe this was covered in a previous post and I've forgotten.

An empty stomach is just as likely to make you jittery as anything. It’s recommended that you have something fatty to eat about 30-45 minutes before you dose cannabis. Make certain you’re properly hydrated as well, since cannabinoid therapies increase the need for water in the system to get all the housekeeping after activation cleaned up and washed away.

Consistency is the goal, and our main challenge that created this thread. So how can we increase consistent results? Some basic suggestions to attain that goal:
  • Dose on a consistent schedule.
  • Use the same dose volumes, as much as possible. My personal dose level for Dust is 0.2 grams (1/8 tsp), and that’s remained consistently effective regardless of chemovar/strain chosen. Everyone has their own sweet spot.
  • Make certain to prime the pump, so to speak, by having some fatty food prior to the dose.
  • Stay hydrated. Drink more water.
  • See to it that you’re comfortable in the setting you’re choosing to dose in.
  • Keep a basic dosing journal so you can look for the patterns you’ll miss if you simply work blind.

Gut absorption is controlled by gut health. Anything you can do to help the gut maintain a healthy tone will improve your results with oral cannabis doses.

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying my dusted days. :laughtwo: This has been the easiest dosing method I’ve tried so far. My favorite way to ingest, after the ultra-simple swish through the mouth and wash down with a beverage, is sprinkled onto peanut butter.

I think the peanut butter may increase the feelings of potency, but that’s a purely subjective thing.

Dust has become part of my daily regimen, and it doesn’t look like that’ll change anytime soon. It’s helping me stretch my stash during a time when I can’t grow, and keeping me righteously buzzed on little volume. I’m really pleased to have opened this room for group exploration. :circle-of-love:

Thanx, RaggedyMan. A decent night’s sleep still eludes me. I’ve been chasing the utopian strain for inducing sleep for nearly 5 years with little success. Many of the heavy indicas often evoke some pretty horrific bouts of depression during the night. Anxious to hear a report on God’s Gift. I’ve heard some good things about it.

Have you tried a dose higher in CBD than THC for night meds? The other thing that flashed across my mind was whether or not you’ve ever tried Granddaddy Purple for sleep meds? The profiles for GDP are some of the best I’ve seen for diversity of cannabinoids and terpenes.

If it were me, I’d be looking at something really purple.

Fantastic report. Thanx for sharing. Very interesting that 3 year old weak weed can offer such magic in dust form. I was rummaging through my larder the other day and found some from 2015. I made a mental note that I needed to go through and purge my cabinet of some old weed but it sounds like it may be worth grinding some up and giving it a shot.

High CBD material works equally as well in dust form as high THC weed. I have some Cherry Wine which is a high CBD hemp. This supposedly has a THC content of less than .3%, however, in dust form it absolutely offers some significant psychoactive results. Really pleasurable daytime companion that’s pretty much compatible for whatever plans you have for the day. And, yes, I do decarb. In fact, Ardent recommends doing a double decarb, which I do.

And please do share your experience with round 2 tonight.

BCDD

That was interesting @Magnus8 :thumb: Got us all thinking. Lol!

:hmmmm: I have some Candida Dust I hadn’t tried on its own yet. Maybe tomorrow when I’m done with the DDA ride. Lol!

I realized today that this community will make me a lifer, it will take that long to get through all this great information lol
Will definitely be trying this one out @SweetSue, thank you for all your threads :peace: :adore:

My pleasure Marley. This thread has already proven to be one of the more intriguing ventures we’ve undertaken. Good to have you along. :hug:

I’ve seen a multitude of exemplary lab results using a vast variety of times and temps for decarbing thc and my guess is the parameters for decarbing CBD is just as wide. Even in Sue’s Holy Grail thread, I think I remember seeing some great lab results using different times and temps. I think we often become a bit anal about finding the utopian formula for decarbing. I’m of the opinion that it doesn’t exis!! There’s just too many variables that come into play. For most of us old timers, we have developed a system that we’re comfortable with. If it works for our applications, it makes little difference if it fails to fall in line with others. For the FNG’s to the game, just pick a recipe from a source you feel comfortable with and go with it. It’s doudtful you’ll be disappointed but if it fails to meet your expectations, try another.

Just my 2 cents FWIW!
:thumb::circle-of-love:

My two cents worth is that a diversified mix of cannabinoids is a good thing, and chasing after the perfect decarb is a distraction. Almost daily they learn how cannabinoid acids are more potent medicinally than the neutralized molecules. I say find a method that works for you and stick with it until you feel compelled to try something else, and appreciate that cannabis will reward you with improved health and wellness regardless.

I meant to post my experience of eating Sour Diesel dust on April 27. I track my doses every time I take cannabis for getting high purposes and make notes sometimes and here's what my notes from then say:

I took 1.54 grams of Sour Diesel dust at 14:30 and was feeling the effects of it by 15:05. I felt really high at 15:25 and I stayed really high with the level jumping up every 20 minutes or so for about 2.5 hours and then I started coming down.

I was pretty happy with the experience since taking Sour Diesel oil didn't have the same effect at all but Felonious says that if I took as much in oil as I do with dust, I'd have to take 14 capsules of size 000 and the max I usually take is 10.

Oh yeah...... we may have found a way to keep HashGirl flying. :slide:

Thank you for this thread! I am caught up. It is encouraging to hear that what I used to call "cooking herbs" (ground cannabis) is now called Dust. My dust recipe is dried leaves, pollen, pods,mini buds, left over mash, and shake, And I mix the strains in quart mason jars. So I have an ample supply, some of it dating back 2 years. (natural decarb),

It looks like most of you stay stoned all day and "claim" that you can get anything done while stoned. :laugh: I have yet to stay conscious ingesting cannabis, sativa OR indica, which is why I mix it all together and ingest it with my food. (And only before I am winding down to bedtime.)

My use of cannabis is to tame the osteoarthritis pain. I wont use pharma, just tylenol. But, I need to get into the habit of ingesting it on a nightly basis. I usually forget. :-(

I agree that capsules need to be accompanied by a high fat snack in order to be effective. This thread has reminded me of that necessary step. It's an excuse to have a PB & J sandwich as my last snack of the day. :green_heart:

See to it that you’re comfortable in the setting you’re choosing to dose in.

A point that I find more responsible for inconsistencies than that of relationships between types and timing of food. Environment and tasks at hand seem to play paramount parts in the feelings I experience. My daily regimen is about 180mg of dust taken with the last bite of breakfast. If I’m a bit lazy in the morning and sit around watching tv or reading, the medication attracts little attention mentally. I can get up and go about my chores and suddenly it comes on like gang busters! And on other occasions, when I’m deeply involved with a laborious task, a medicated feeling is barely recognizable. Stop and take a break with a refreshing drink and a little music and I suddenly become flushed with a luxurious feeling of well-being. Yes, I definitely recognize environment as a catalyst for positive vibes of cannabis!

Hey, Sue. I’ve actually got some GDP seeds that I had planned to be my next garden. Unfortunately, my gardening has been placed on hold until I can make some different arrangements. A hobby of mine has gotten out of hand and become a home-based business. My normally secluded shop where I grow is now inundated by a steady stream of customers; not a good combination in a judicially intolerant state! New building in the works!!

I think the peanut butter may increase the feelings of potency, but that’s a purely subjective thing.
Funny you should say that. The last time my dust worked for me I had a handful of peanuts and I think my stomach was empty otherwise. I say "think" because it's not often my stomach is empty
The last several nights I got nothing, tonight I'm going hungry till dose time and try the peanuts again.

I would take my daily dose in a peanut butter sandwich and report back. Anyway I got busy yesterday and did not want to be out driving around not knowing what to expect. So I put it of till today. Just had breakfast at 10 min ago heaping teaspoon on peanut butter sandwich will report back latter.
IMG_20200524_095317.jpg

IMG_20200524_095342.jpg

I must say it does cover the taste quite well.

:blunt:

A teaspoon?! When i can get mine to work an 8th of a teaspoon (about what a 00 capsule holds I think) about knocks me out. I understand different strengths & tolerances but that still sounds like a lot.

Then, you definitely won't want to hear that I take approximately 2 teaspoons when I eat dust. :laughtwo:

Hello the peanut butter method did taste much better than strait dust in my mouth. I started to feel onset 45 minutes after consumption. 2 hours and plenty high. 3 hours looking in the mirror wondering why I am giggling. Hour 4 still going and high. Hour 5 &6 coming down slowly. Hour 7 time for a brownie. to sum it up would say the PB method has a faster onset and peak duration is about the same. At first I thought I was getting higher than before but I think it just seemed that way because of the fast onset. After 2 hours it would take three or four hours to get to the same point the other way. I think I prefer the slow onset but like the peanut butter hidding the taste. I will try it again. Gives a hole new meaning to bag lunch. :rofl:

Aww where have I been I need to hang out here more. Nothing edible works like eating plain old baked weed in fat for me. I made a half cup of infused oil out of a ounce of my fav, most abundant and seedy as hell strain and a cup of olive oil, made brownies out of it...some lesser experience peoples got a hold of some inch squares and said they were absolutely floored, while I ate a whole row of normal sized and didn't really notice I ate them. But put a tablespoon of the same simply decarbed weed in a bowl of cereal and milk and whew I'm feeling the effects for sure like I never did with edibles before! I think I got just over a tablespoon left...I think it might be a weedies morning tomorrow! CHeers weed eaters. goodnight!

I read the few preceding posts, and was about to post "Try making a firecracker (edible) with it, using a high fat content peanut butter." I don't think it's a subjective thing at all. Although I have come to understand that belief and state of mind can make all the difference in the world in regards to perceived potency, whether one feels a buzz at all, etc. - so that kind of thing undoubtedly helps.

BtW, haven't communicated with you in a while. Hope you're well, happy, and all that. Maybe even found a couple young "marathon runners" ( ;) ) who needed a place to shelter the COVID-19 storm, to keep you company in your home.

I agree that capsules need to be accompanied by a high fat snack in order to be effective. This thread has reminded me of that necessary step. It's an excuse to have a PB & J sandwich as my last snack of the day. :green_heart:

Has anyone made dust and then added it into butter "canna dust butter" and put that into capsules?

Then, you definitely won't want to hear that I take approximately 2 teaspoons when I I caused a bit of grief for myself in high schooleat dust. :laughtwo:

A woman I can understand, LMAO. I've considered just about every "consumer" I've encountered since I was 13, other than my brother, to be permanent lightweights - and even he used to get annoyed when, after asking, "Do you want another shot of this, or are you good," the answer was always, "Pass that over."

I remember, back in high school, reading that cannabis was perceived as some kind of "gateway drug," and thinking it was probably true, for some folks. After all, it didn't matter how good the stuff was, I'd get a bit of a buzz right off, then no matter how much I'd smoke, it just didn't impress. (30+ years later, and that still hasn't changed :( .) "If someone is chasing a buzz," thought I, "Sooner or later, they're going to move on to something far more potent than cannabis, realize that it's not going to ever be truly spectacular and learn to live with it, or just give up and stop doing drugs." Although there have a few, mostly I don't feel much, regardless of whether I smoke a gram of good bud, ground bud mixed with hash oil (we call that a cookie), a large "cob" finger that someone gave me (think I ended up eating a third of that in one sitting), or one of those 90+% THC vaporizer cartridges.

Now that's how I consciously feel. Cannabis must have some kind of effect on me, because when I've had a sizable quantity of the stuff, other people I end up interacting with sure can tell... when I run out :rolleyes:. And I like to smoke it, so I'll continue to do so, as and when I can.

I have a question for my fellow dusters. :battingeyelashes:

I track all the doses I take for fun so I know what works and doesn't work but I have a really hard time knowing when I start and stop feeling high with dust. It's very, very subtle for me. I know I'm high. I just don't know when it starts and stops. It's definitely a very different experience with a high. Does anyone feel this way?

By the way, I used Carnival dust yesterday in place of a Diet Pepsi for a pick-me-up and it worked great. Now, I'm thinking about making a tincture using Carnival. I'm sure it's a lot healthier for me than Diet Pepsi.:hmmmm:

That's exactly how it is with me. And, different strains seem to do better at different amounts. I ate 1.7 grams of Carnival yesterday and was flippin' high, almost too high at one point. You know when you get that little panicky feeling? And then today, I took 1.7 grams of Girl Scout Cookies and I'm high but there's been no really high point and I don't know if adding more would give me that extra lift I want or if Girl Scout Cookies just works better in oil.

Back
Top Bottom