Cannabis Dust: Simple Consumption, Unexpected Potency

6 degrees here today :D

In the past I never really found edibles to do much, I'd eat the damn things and rarely feel any effects. So once I had my own weed to play with, I made some infused olive oil that at first I didn't think worked after making gummies and brownies with it. After it was informed to me by a inexperienced person that it works very well, I decided I just needed to up the dose. I am very lazy and rather blockheadish, so instead of trying to cook it into anything else, I just drink 6 or 7 tablespoons from a soup spoon. It's really gross (well pretty gross) but I really like the buzz! I'm almost out of oil and this looks WAY more paliteble. I'm in! CHEers Sue, thank you! :yahoo:
I'm the same way. Edibles don't affect me on their own but definitely enhance when I smoke but doesn't make it last longer. I would prefer to not have to smoke it. I read somewhere that the thc in edibles is processed through the liver so I figure that might be my issue. I have autoimmune issues and it has affected my liver. So sitting here reading and have capsules and filler in my amazon cart.
Just waiting to see if anyone else that is not affected by edibles actually has this work for them?

I'm the same way. Edibles don't affect me on their own but definitely enhance when I smoke but doesn't make it last longer. I would prefer to not have to smoke it. I read somewhere that the thc in edibles is processed through the liver so I figure that might be my issue. I have autoimmune issues and it has affected my liver. So sitting here reading and have capsules and filler in my amazon cart.
Just waiting to see if anyone else that is not affected by edibles actually has this work for them?

Maybe a tincture would work better for you.

Welcome M’Lord. :hug: You’ll like this, once you can indulge again. :kisstwo:

Making more for variety.

I seen video of someone using a crock pot with the mason jars before but not an insta pot. Can you explain your process doing it this way? Temp and time?
I seen where another is doing it in the oven with mason jars. I can food and know the mason jars are not meant for dry heat. My luck it would break and end up a mess. But it is at lower temps so...?

Maybe a tincture would work better for you.
I spent $110 on a bottle of tincture and it didn't do crap. I complained to the dispensary that maybe they forgot to decarb before making??? They took my number and was supposed to get back with me,ha ha big joke. So I never go there. I can't help but think it was a issue with their process because I've used CBD drops and could tell a difference in pain. But to drop that much money again just to see if another brand would work? I haven't had the money or nerve to gamble again on it.

Sue does the amount as person smokes make a difference. I could cut back but to stop smoking not sure that's for me.
The cilia have to have time to heal and wake up and do their job as they are meant to. Continuing the irritant to them might get a few awake and get you coughing more but you will continue to paralyze them as long as you smoke any.
Which is why I would prefer not to smoke it. I'm retired healthcare worker and I've seen the damage smoking causes :(

Don't think you can decarb in a crockpot. Oven works but smells the place up. With the instapot there is no smell. Grind bud put In a mason jar put in instapot put water up to the level of the rack. Pressure cook setting high turn off keep warm function set time 1:50 let run. I let it cool overnight and run the same cycle again. That's it. If I want to infuse oil it's exactly the same process but with the oil. Decarb and infuse all at once. You shouldn't worry about the jars canning jar can take it. I have not had one break on me yet and I have done it many times.

I need a little more info on the actual process to decarb the buds.
It looks like you are heating a glass jar w/ a lid on it and buds inside. ??
Does the jar not break from heat ?
Mason jars are meant for moist heat. Not dry heat. there is a risk of them breaking heating them in an oven. There are rebel canners out there that do it though to preserve foods.
In insta pot, they are adding some water so the sealed jars are sitting in it as it heats. I just haven't found out how much water? Like 1/2" up the jar side?

Don't think you can decarb in a crockpot. Oven works but smells the place up. With the instapot there is no smell. Grind bud put In a mason jar put in instapot put water up to the level of the rack. Pressure cook setting high turn off keep warm function set time 1:50 let run. I let it cool overnight and run the same cycle again. That's it. If I want to infuse oil it's exactly the same process but with the oil. Decarb and infuse all at once. You shouldn't worry about the jars canning jar can take it. I have not had one break on me yet and I have done it many times.
Crock pot video I watched was for infusing oil.
I am definitely gonna try this with the instapot!

I have decarbed 2 or 3 times using the middle size mason jars, loosely capped, at about 220 F. I place 2 or 3 jars on their side with about 3/4" of ground weed in each in the little toaster oven. No problems so far - hope you haven't jinxed me!!!
Oh, I forgot to mention - for about 90 minutes or more and give each jar a shake every 20 minutes or so...

I have decarbed 2 or 3 times using the middle size mason jars, loosely capped, at about 220 F. I place 2 or 3 jars on their side with about 3/4" of ground weed in each in the little toaster oven. No problems so far - hope you haven't jinxed me!!!
Oh, I forgot to mention - for about 90 minutes or more and give each jar a shake every 20 minutes or so...
Hope I didn't jinx you too! Just wasn't sure if you were aware.

Does anyone here cook with dust? I have some Mama Mia decarbing in the oven and am planning on adding it to the chicken and apricot tagine I'm preparing tomorrow and am wondering when I should add it to the mix? I'm thinking nearer the end since I probably don't want it to decarb (?) any more?

DON’T DIS’ THE DUDES, FOLKS!!!

When making dust the male gender of this beautiful plant absolutely has some goodness to render!

In the early 70’s I got really stoned once on some Columbian Gold; it lasted 10 years! To replicate that beautiful picture my mind now paints of that period would be blissful. I was ecstatic to score some CG72 seeds from USC last year. My only reluctance was the time involved; reportedly harvest time of up to 6 months. I’ve just embarked upon my 73rd trip around the sun and have less patience than I used to and definitely less time appropriated! Hell, I don’t even buy green bananas any longer.

Nevertheless, here we go. I’ve planted 3 plants thus far, staggered 1 month apart. After 3 1/2 months, the first showed sex; yes a damn MALE!! After this torturous length of time, I was devastated. I know, it’s always a possibility, if not a probability. After almost 6 years of continuous gardening, this is only my second male. I felt lucky!

So here I am with a dilemma; chuck 3 1/2 months of work or see if I can salvage anything at all? Oh, hell yeah, always up for a bit of testing!

I roughly stripped one of the tops of sugar leaves, small fan leaves and a handful of unopened ”nanners“. After some slow drying in the toaster oven, a good Ardent decarb and grinding to dust, I loosely filled a size 1 cap. Well I’m here to tell you, folks, this is about as potent as anything I’ve dusted thus far! The only difference I’ve noticed was the slower than normal onset. Other than an almost indiscernible little buzz, the true effects didn’t come on until nearly the 2 hour mark.

Oh, yeah, was the effect anything similar to what I remembered? With my questionable memory, hell, who knows!?! While I haven’t experienced an “Oh what a wonderful world” type of day, it has been most pleasant. I’ve even found my wife rather sociable and engaged in a short conversation. I tackled an unpleasant chore I’ve been dreading. While completing the task lacked vigor, I found the work was steady and deliberate with a very enhanced sense of awareness and concentration. The chore turned out to be far less unpleasant than expected. At lunch, I sat down for a short while and found an oh so boring movie my wife was watching, simply fascinating. I sense only a very minute body buzz, almost totally a head high. Somewhat uplifting and very clear-headed; close to the effects I’ve been seeking for the last 5 years.

Final thoughts? Well, overwhelming pleasantly surprised!! I would have never dreamed of these results from what I’ve been indoctrinated to discard. I’ll definitely harvest the remainder of this plant within the next few days. I’m really looking forward to seeing a female plant soon. It’s going to be interesting doing a comparison of the genders!

DON’T DIS’ THE DUDES!!

PRE RAMBLE: I once heard a insurance accident review fellow say 99% of all motorcycle accidents are the riders fault. I agree with this, and proved it to myself a few days ago. I also heard that good gear decreases the severity of the accident and proved that also...my helmet, armored coat and gloves worked amazingly, sucked up ALOT of surface damage and a fair bit of further bruising. The kevlar pants I bought but did not wear did not work as well for me. I burned quite a hole in my kneecap, not to the joint itself but dang close to it.

POINT OF POST: I ate a tablespoon of cooked weed the day after and I can now say with my own experience that eating pot isn't just fun, it really does help the pain! I didn't buy into it that concept much, I just ate it to get high. Smoking certainly takes my mind off the chronic pain that I have but I never really felt it diminished it. For this larger amount of quickly introduced ouch I do feel like it soothed the actual hurt not just made me better able to blow it off. I gave a big sack to my friends uncle with some sort of cancer to nibble on, I feel more hopeful he's getting actual relief and not just better ignore capabilities! So CHeers weed eaters, get some pain gone! :yahoo:

PRE RAMBLE: I once heard a insurance accident review fellow say 99% of all motorcycle accidents are the riders fault. I agree with this, and proved it to myself a few days ago. I also heard that good gear decreases the severity of the accident and proved that also...my helmet, armored coat and gloves worked amazingly, sucked up ALOT of surface damage and a fair bit of further bruising. The kevlar pants I bought but did not wear did not work as well for me. I burned quite a hole in my kneecap, not to the joint itself but dang close to it.

POINT OF POST: I ate a tablespoon of cooked weed the day after and I can now say with my own experience that eating pot isn't just fun, it really does help the pain! I didn't buy into it that concept much, I just ate it to get high. Smoking certainly takes my mind off the chronic pain that I have but I never really felt it diminished it. For this larger amount of quickly introduced ouch I do feel like it soothed the actual hurt not just made me better able to blow it off. I gave a big sack to my friends uncle with some sort of cancer to nibble on, I feel more hopeful he's getting actual relief and not just better ignore capabilities! So CHeers weed eaters, get some pain gone! :yahoo:
Your centre of gravity on a bike is too high with your bass on your back and your Marshalls across your tank. ;)

Good info on the pain management :thanks:

Glad you weren’t more hurt. You’re wearing your Kevlar pants everywhere now I hope?!

Back
Top Bottom