Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Hello all. Hope all is well. :Namaste:

Haven't been around much lately. Life has us busy. :)

Anyone have ideas or suggestions when the oil doesn't want to stick to the gums?

My wife has been complaining that her daytime oil does not stick to her gums, but her nighttime is fine.
They are obviously different strains, but I used the same process to make them.
Would it make a big difference if I didn't add the few drops of water at the end? I seem to recall wondering if I had done it during one batch. Maybe it was this problem daytime oil.

I've got more material, so I can make her more. She wants to try and use this up though. Any ideas?

I was going to post this on the how to dose thread (and am happy to move the question), but I think the problems isn't her tacking, but how I made the oil.

Has anyone else noticed that the oils from different strains have different consistencies?

Hi Hiker! So great to see you around. :circle-of-love:

I can't tell you on the water content or different strains, but I can suggest a different tacking method for her to try. Motoco posted a method of using a paper towel. I have been doing this and it is helping me get that oil to stay where I want it, and easier.
Check this out and see if it might be worth a try:

Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Again, good to hear from you!

:cheer:

Hi Motoco and Mo,

I've been unable to make any more oil for a while, but I'll be getting stuck into it next weekend. I managed to score a Nuwave2 Induction cooktop too so I won't have a repeat of my decarbing problems (hopefully).

All the best to everyone here!!

Cheers, Nobby

Hello all. Hope all is well. :Namaste:

Haven't been around much lately. Life has us busy. :)

Anyone have ideas or suggestions when the oil doesn't want to stick to the gums?

My wife has been complaining that her daytime oil does not stick to her gums, but her nighttime is fine.
They are obviously different strains, but I used the same process to make them.
Would it make a big difference if I didn't add the few drops of water at the end? I seem to recall wondering if I had done it during one batch. Maybe it was this problem daytime oil.

I've got more material, so I can make her more. She wants to try and use this up though. Any ideas?

I was going to post this on the how to dose thread (and am happy to move the question), but I think the problems isn't her tacking, but how I made the oil.

Has anyone else noticed that the oils from different strains have different consistencies?

Hiker,
Have her dry her gums with a paper towel before tacking. I know it's sounds simple, but it works.
The oil absolutely differs from strain to strain, how you decarbed it, different temps, etc. Is completely normal.
Adding water, unless for a specific reason, is a no no. I know what Rick S. said, but we know now that any water content is not your friend in making oil.

The paper towel method always concerned me, due to it's chemical content. Our local recycling guidelines say that paper towels cannot be thrown into the paper recycling, so I called to ask why and they said due to the chemical content and way they are manufactured. While I cannot be sure if this is true, it does raise a valid concern. If the oil is delivered directly to the brain via the gums, then would chemicals not do the same thing? If so, may I suggest using a rag or something instead? Sorry to interfere, hope this helps. :circle-of-love:

:Namaste:

The paper towel method always concerned me, due to it's chemical content. Our local recycling guidelines say that paper towels cannot be thrown into the paper recycling, so I called to ask why and they said due to the chemical content and way they are manufactured. While I cannot be sure if this is true, it does raise a valid concern. If the oil is delivered directly to the brain via the gums, then would chemicals not do the same thing? If so, may I suggest using a rag or something instead? Sorry to interfere, hope this helps. :circle-of-love:

:Namaste:

Good call Mr. 420!
I didn't know that about paper towels. Yuck.
Maybe a sterilized gauze or something similar?

High All--

I'm so excited! I just finished my first batch of RickSimpson/Motoco Oil.:bravo:
Cake & Pie. Piece of cake, easy as pie.:thumb:

4 grams of 3/4 Mazar & 1/4 Purple Creeper ...for a good night call...nobody, you're asleep. :laughtwo: Cost:240pot+20alc=260/4=65/gram

12 grams of 1/3 AC/DC & 1/3 Sour D & 1/3 Chocolate D...daytime uppy-puppy.:goof: Cost:400pot+40alc=440/12=36+/gram

Cost of bud was biggest cost factor (doh). 1oz@240 vs. 3oz@400.

If you don't hear back from me, it was too strong!:rofl:

Peace and love to you all.:love:

High All--

I'm so excited! I just finished my first batch of RickSimpson/Motoco Oil.:bravo:
Cake & Pie. Piece of cake, easy as pie.:thumb:

4 grams of 3/4 Mazar & 1/4 Purple Creeper ...for a good night call...nobody, you're asleep. :laughtwo: Cost:240pot+20alc=260/4=65/gram

12 grams of 1/3 AC/DC & 1/3 Sour D & 1/3 Chocolate D...daytime uppy-puppy.:goof: Cost:400pot+40alc=440/12=36+/gram

Cost of bud was biggest cost factor (doh). 1oz@240 vs. 3oz@400.

If you don't hear back from me, it was too strong!:rofl:

Peace and love to you all.:love:

Congrats John.
Let us know how it turned out & have a great night's sleep.

Seemed to work ok. I needed to switch to nighty-night sooner in the evening. Sativa at 6pm is too late. I ended up sleeping good the second night. I dosed earlier w/ indica and slept better.

Too weak to harvest my 4 Sour D plants yesterday. I'll start today after a better nights sleep.

I tacked this morning before I ate.....sick to my stomach right away! You can't be in too big a hurry w/this stuff. "Always eat first"....I hear the words ringing from Motoco's lips. Just too eager for the fun to start!

I can feel those PSA numbers dropping as we speak, er...type/talk whatever.:thumb:

Nutun but love to y'all.:love:

Seemed to work ok. I needed to switch to nighty-night sooner in the evening. Sativa at 6pm is too late. I ended up sleeping good the second night. I dosed earlier w/ indica and slept better.

Too weak to harvest my 4 Sour D plants yesterday. I'll start today after a better nights sleep.

I tacked this morning before I ate.....sick to my stomach right away! You can't be in too big a hurry w/this stuff. "Always eat first"....I hear the words ringing from Motoco's lips. Just too eager for the fun to start!

I can feel those PSA numbers dropping as we speak, er...type/talk whatever.:thumb:

Yeah bud.
Eat at least 30 mins before the oil for many reasons.
Sour D is an awesome strain for daytime. Congrats on the sleep too.

Your Awesome John, doing great and with a great since of humor. I always have a smile when I read your posts. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:circle-of-love:

Your Awesome John, doing great and with a great since of humor. I always have a smile when I read your posts. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:circle-of-love:

Except for "oh, it's so big!", that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me. Thank you RSOiler, I think you're Awesome too!:high-five:

Actually, nobody ever said "oh, it's so big!" to me before (how sad, right?). I made that part up. :;): Soooooo....

:love:RSOiler, that IS the nicest thing....:welldone::love:

Coffee before tacking?

With cream and sugar, it seems to act like eating before tacking. No nausea. Probably not the best protocol.:idea:

Sticky's Coffee Tack Shack

Starbuds Coffee Tack

Sticky Coffee Shop

Johnny's Buds & Beans Roast House

It's there somewhere, I know it!:scratchinghead:

Coffee before tacking?

With cream and sugar, it seems to act like eating before tacking. No nausea. Probably not the best protocol.:idea:

Sticky's Coffee Tack Shack

Starbuds Coffee Tack

Sticky Coffee Shop

Johnny's Buds & Beans Roast House

It's there somewhere, I know it!:scratchinghead:

I hope you're joking....

How about a nice cup of....

"Sticky Joe"

:nomo:

I'm always joking, Cajun!

But, I ALWAYS have my coffee before tacking.:whoa:

Dairy & sugar are the two biggest Cancer causing food items, other than meat. :Namaste:

With cream and sugar, it seems to act like eating before tacking. No nausea. Probably not the best protocol.

That's what I meant by "probably not the best protocol".

Yes, cancer food:

sugar
meat
dairy

Your brain on these foods......:rip:

Has anybody on here used infused olive oil made with pure indica? I'm currently still on the RSO but got a bottle free. Not sure if it is good to kill the cancer cells or not.

Thanks,

Has anybody on here used infused olive oil made with pure indica? I'm currently still on the RSO but got a bottle free. Not sure if it is good to kill the cancer cells or not.

Thanks,

I infuse Coconut oil all the time. I have not done it with Olive oil. Cajun is probably the best person for the pros and cons of the different infusions. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom