CaptainLucky's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow 2023

Wasn't your GT held up by a lot of yo-yos?

Isn't their BioSi silica? Anyway, they're out of business. :(
Yes it was and yes the biosi contains Silica. But the amount that they recommend seems like it’s not enuff to make the cola stems strong enough to keep from flopping, perhaps you could recommend using an amount that would stop 🛑 it? CL🍀 Edit: I’m aware that they’re out of business but I have a supply.

Because of the potassium in it it's difficult to add enough to get the silica higher without adding too much potassium.
See I knew it would throw something or another off. That’s why I didn’t up it but thanks. Can you recommend a Silica brand to add? I was looking at one that was 0-0-1 CL🍀

There are a few good ones out there, including the one that Jon uses (the name slips my mind but I think he's mentioned it in the grow with Nick). I use FrontRowAg's version called Front Row Si.

No monosilicic acid is cheap, but be sure you're comparing the percentage of silica in them and not just look at the price. A quart of 2.5% Si at $30 isn't cheaper than a quart of 7% Si at $50.

Yes it was and yes the biosi contains Silica. But the amount that they recommend seems like it’s not enuff to make the cola stems strong enough to keep from flopping, perhaps you could recommend using an amount that would stop 🛑 it? CL🍀 Edit: I’m aware that they’re out of business but I have a supply.
:hmmmm:

You're looking to boost silica to make the branches more rigid?

I literally do the exact opposite.... I cut out the silica about 3 weeks into flower to induce branches into hardening off.

Everytime I ran silica all the way thru flower, I had floppy floppers. When I cut it out completely, branches stiffen and hold up to the weight of heavy buds.

:hmmmm:

You're looking to boost silica to make the branches more rigid?

I literally do the exact opposite.... I cut out the silica about 3 weeks into flower to induce branches into hardening off.

Everytime I ran silica all the way thru flower, I had floppy floppers. When I cut it out completely, branches stiffen and hold up to the weight of heavy buds.
Thanks, sounds weird but I believe you . Still if I can boost it all through the grow until when you recommend shouldn’t that work? I don’t think there’s enuff in the PB throughout the grow. CL🍀

Thanks, sounds weird but I believe you . Still if I can boost it all through the grow until when you recommend shouldn’t that work? I don’t think there’s enuff in the PB throughout the grow. CL🍀
I use what I use for feed from trial and error. I think silica strengthens branches from breakage because it makes them more pliable & bendy. That's how I'm able to crank on their restraints when training in veg... but bendy branches are not good when they're carrying a heavy bud on the top.
Once I cut it out of their feed in flower, I noticed an immediate change. Branches harden off and become woody. That's the support I need in my plants.
I don't ever recommend using silica after a plant finishes its early flower stretch. That's just my personal opinion.

I use what I use for feed from trial and error. I think silica strengthens branches from breakage because it makes them more pliable & bendy. That's how I'm able to crank on their restraints when training in veg... but bendy branches are not good when they're carrying a heavy bud on the top.
Once I cut it out of their feed in flower, I noticed an immediate change. Branches harden off and become woody. That's the support I need in my plants.
I don't ever recommend using silica after a plant finishes its early flower stretch. That's just my personal opinion.
I think the biggest thing to remember about silica is that it's neither an N, a P, or K..... it's not a requirement. Plants don't normally feed on this stuff.
It's something people figured out to help what they needed in a plant, not something the plant needed from them.

👍
I use it as a tool to make a plant do what I want it to do, when I want it to do certain things, but ultimately is not necessary at all. Plants will 100% thrive without it.

I can put in the calendar if you like (assuming I don't get hit by a bus...then remembering is on you!). :thumb:
Don’t get hit by a bus and try to avoid any motor vehicle while you’re at it. And you don’t wanna be like David Allen Coe’s Mother either. lol 😂 CL🍀 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Journal Update: I managed to find a temporary fix for my Chemdog #4. I’m going to have to get into the tent with 🪀 yo-yo’s and do a more thorough fix n permanent through the remainder of the grow. CL🍀 :passitleft: :420:

IMG_5146.jpeg

IMG_5147.jpeg

IMG_5148.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom