Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

I think Olivia has eight, counting the 2 tiny ones at the top....

Sorry-I'm an idiot- my plant has 6, used to have 8.
I actually went and counted them this time.:cheesygrinsmiley:
It occurred to me that I topped above node 4, so I can't have 10 leaves.
When are you going to top Olivia?
I have 6, she’s currently working on the fourth set of nodes.

I’ll top above node 4 too. The node spacing is quite close, which I’m happy about.

She’s had wayyyyy too much to drink, but you gotta do what you gotta do lolllll.

Hopefully she will be topped by Monday.

And that about closes the book on that one!
She was the biggest (and heaviest) plant I've grown in the box so far-
A belated "Congrats" on your GSC harvest! :bravo:

Looking forward to watching your little Zkittlez grow and to the new digs getting built.

She’s had wayyyyy too much to drink, but you gotta do what you gotta do lolllll.
That too much to drink greened her up nicely, so you definitely made the right move!

Hopefully she will be topped by Monday.
And 5 or 6 days after that, the real fun begins!
If she's like mine, she'll also start to stink pretty good right about then..

except ours will be full of crap and yours will be full of goodness!
Ha! Thanks, HH!- Maybe, but it's sure not gonna be as easy as growing in the house...I checked the temps in another shed this morning- 111f- but, it is 91f out there today. I'll just have to figure out a cooling and heating system for the new "tiny house" 🤪
A belated "Congrats" on your GSC harvest!
Thank You, Beez!
I got more than I expected from that one!

Ha! Thanks, HH!- Maybe, but it's sure not gonna be as easy as growing in the house...I checked the temps in another shed this morning- 111f- but, it is 91f out there today. I'll just have to figure out a cooling and heating system for the new "tiny house" 🤪
Air flow is probably going to be key.

That too much to drink greened her up nicely, so you definitely made the right move!

And 5 or 6 days after that, the real fun begins!
If she's like mine, she'll also start to stink pretty good right about then..

Thank You, Beez!
I got more than I expected from that one!

I think if you can grow a plant successfully in a cardboard box then growing in an actual shed should be a breeze.

Air flow is probably going to be key.
Preferably  cool air flow...my son has a portable a/c that he may donate to the cause...
growing in an actual shed should be a breeze.
Yes, the shed will be great, space-wise, I'm more worried about the temps in a small building like that.
65f is as cool as it gets now- in the shed, that'll be 40f in the winter...
I'll get it figured out... it's 117f in the  other shed today... it's a metal shed, though...
And- my update will be a bit late today- my internet went out about 1:30 today, fortunately I'd already uploaded the pics for the comparative grow...
Rather than try and do it on the phone, I'll wait for the internet to come back on- since I do my updates on my laptop...

my update will be a bit late today
My update will be a bit later than usual today... 🤪
FIFY!

Actually, the internet just came back, so here we go with my "even later than usual" Update!

The WSE Zkittlez is doing pretty well- she's 29 days old today, 4.5 inches tall...
Zkittles 1.jpg

I think she finally found the Grow dots on Friday, because she definitely went in to "grow mode"...her branches have grown 2" since Saturday , except for node#1, which is going to get shaved off if it doesn't start growing pretty soon...( they usually don't)
Zkittles 2.jpg

She's left the bumpy yellow leaf problems behind- the new stuff is coming in pretty normal looking...
Zkittles 3.jpg

The funky leaves are still there, but they're getting lost in her temporary cabbage-like structure
Zkittles 4.jpg

She was transplanted 11 days ago, topped 10 days ago- the training started on Saturday.
(and she's loving it)
It's been 87-89f in the box for the last 3 days, she doesn't seem to mind ...

Zkittles 5.jpg

Through the little door...
Zkittles 6.jpg

And through the big door...These'll be the last pics from the "pot room"- tomorrow the box gets moved to the garage for awhile...Although, the pics will look about the same....:cheesygrinsmiley:
Zkittles 8.jpg

And that's about all for today!

This plant is also part of Trala and my Australia/USA Comparative grow, you can find that one here...

Thanks for looking, I appreciate the support :love:
Stay safe, and have a great week!

When it was in the 90s I had them under an umbrella during mid-day, but since it's dropped to the high 80s I've left them out.

No AC here either, but we have someone coming to bid it out on Friday morning. If we're going to be going through this for longer and longer in the future then the house has to be cooled the way those in the San Fernando Valley are! Can't rely on it cooling down at 4pm these days. 😓

If I'm going to put AC on the roof I should probably sort out solar panels as well to offset the electric costs... 💰

You should look in to a split system a/c- it'd be a lot more affordable than central air, and nothing goes on the roof...

Can't rely on it cooling down at 4pm these days. 😓
Yesterday, the temp went from 90 to 96 after 4:00 pm, so yeah, stuff ain't like it used to be ..

Thanks, I'll ask on Friday! Never had AC except in my second LA apartment, so I'm a novice there. I figure whatever we get would share the ducting with the gas furnace in the attic.
Good luck man!
I just had my AC system replaced. And yes solar panels help!

I figure whatever we get would share the ducting with the gas furnace in the attic.
It might not be too bad ($) if they can just add an evaporator to your existing furnace, then you'd just have a condensing unit outside, beside the house.
Although, I've been out of the biz for quite awhile, probably even more options now...
just had my AC system replaced
Ouch!...although, you won't need to do it again for 30 years or so .. :)

Hi Carcass! Lovely to be here. I'm ReservoirDog, but you cal call me whatever you'd like.

It's wonderful to meet you.

I have taken up your training profile as best I can thus far, with 4 photos, two Runtz, 2 Ultra Violet OG in 10 gallon SIPs.

I made 100 CarHooks (TM), and just started another 100. You might have heard of my small issue while doing so, but no matter... I'm hoping we can just leave that messy business to the lawyers, and become genuine friends while I sue you for every dime you might have squirrelled away. lol!

Ha! Sorry. Couldn't help myself!

Gawd, I'm a dumbass.

Anyway, I was hoping you would consider offering me a little bit of guidance as this is my first personal indoor and I've worked hard at putting my setup all together properly so I might begin with some reasonable success.

I soaked my seeds Jul 31/Aug 1st but we're getting closer to my needing to flip the sched and flower. The tent in question has a bunch of moms scattered around but they are only there because I'm working on the mom space, soon they'll be repotted and back upstairs in a new MOM-SIP I'm working out.

I'll post some contemp. pics on my thread right now. If you have a moment to spare I would be very grateful if you took a peek. I'll try to explain over there why things look as they do and my hopes for training during stretch, which I know deviates from your usual.

I'm trying to find and bookmark all, of the so far, 9 lessons, but there are a lot of pages in this journal. Any route maps on offer?

Wonderful wee setup, just.love.it. Have you seen the company that creates and markets whole cardboard box grow systems? ooohhh, if not, I'd be so happy to be the one to share it w/ you b/c they are a right treat to behold...

Hi, RD! Welcome to my little journal...
call me whatever you'd like
I'll call you everything but late for dinner...
Have you seen the company that creates and markets whole cardboard box grow systems? oooh
I have not- but sounds pretty interesting... I may find out that I've been doing it all wrong 🤪

I'll head over to your journal, let's see what ya got...

soon they'll be repotted and back upstairs in a new MOM-SIP I'm working out.
If the point of SIP pots is to stimulate faster root and plant growth I'd recommend against it. I believe that mother plants are best grown slowly, with lower light, lower nutes, no mykos, etc. Mine do best in the shade all day because in the sun they need thinning and root pruning on a much more frequent basis.

Just a thought.

If the point of SIP pots is to stimulate faster root and plant growth I'd recommend against it. I believe that mother plants are best grown slowly, with lower light, lower nutes, no mykos, etc. Mine do best in the shade all day because in the sun they need thinning and root pruning on a much more frequent basis.

Just a thought.
I am completely with you and likewise concerned. My options for even having some moms is quite limited and appear to need to be in my chosen space or not al all. This space is accessed with a short ladder. My disability is a vary random yet frequent vertigo that causes injurious falls- a lot. In my 40s but fall like great great grandad shed. On days I’m not at my best (literally half the time) I’m not safe going up the ladder. So I need the plants to not require daily attention if possible. I will if I can, but reality interferes frustratingly often. I know I will need to rein them. Am considering a tall SIP wicking foot, in a 4” perf pipe full of gravel, sand, experimenting with media and wick size as wick size has highest impact on moisture gradient in SIPs. Maybe lighting restricted… At any rate, your notice is gratifying, means maybe you can be helpful with this problem.

Also restricted by my lighting, no cash for others. It’s a 360 degree ‘corn cob’ shopLED of 100k lumen, about kelvin 5500 looks like. Arranged 360 degrees around the light, six plants fed with a kiddy pool they sit in atop their wicking feet. Pool panda Polly’s for evap.

Yes, I have similar concerns. Thought maybe chop an inch of bottom of root ball every few months…. dunno…

Back
Top Bottom