Casey Jones #3

I've been watching your 12/12 grows for a while. That girl looks very, very impressive b!

thank you CD I appreciate that. I like how they stay a bit shorter topped so I may be using that technique from now on if the scale approves of it lol. NGUT, actually really soon because tonight I started the flush and they got a big drink of filtered tap watered. wednesday will be 8 weeks in flower and they actually look about done. we'll take a peek at them then D. I may pull the old rabbit out the hat and let them go to no more white pistils since I still have some kali bubba and I like them over ripe. thanks for stopping by!

When do you start your "flower time"? You say you're at 8 weeks, how old is she from seed?

When do you start your "flower time"? You say you're at 8 weeks, how old is she from seed?

I run 12/12 from seed so I start my flower time as soon as I see pistils. tomorrow she'll be 8 weeks in bloom, 11 weeks old from breaking earth. here's a photo I took a day early for you guys.

IMG_178021.JPG

thank you very much Mono. coming from you that means a lot. you've been by my side since day 1 and you're a great grower :Namaste:

well folks we are at week 8 of flower and the girl in the back is coming down very soon. the one up front will grow a bit longer. I can't wait to try these.

IMG_178223.JPG
IMG_178525.JPG
IMG_178731.JPG
IMG_179124.JPG

they're 9 weeks in flower, 12 weeks old, and they're ready for harvest. I can't wait to smoke the indica heavy girl in the back.

IMG_181529.JPG

IMG_180424.JPG
IMG_180823.JPG
IMG_181133.JPG
IMG_181331.JPG
IMG_181734.JPG
IMG_182130.JPG
IMG_181927.JPG
IMG_182326.JPG

:bravo: Another great grow B!

I've been doing some reading regarding flushing and I think on my current grow I'm not going to flush at all.. Just feed right up until harvest. There is mixed opinions on it, but quite a few 'sources' have raised issues with potentially stressing the plant by not providing nutrients during the final week or two of growth.

Since this is a time when the buds put on quite a lot of their final weight, it makes sense that not providing nutrients could harm the overall yield. Will be very interesting to see if it affects the taste much at all as what I have been reading seems to suggest that properly drying and curing is more important to flavour than flushing. (providing there is no nutrient burn etc)

A little food for thought when it comes to squeezing every last gram from the plant ;)

thanks you two. I bet they would've been 2 feet tall if I didn't top them. Mono, that's a very good point. I don't flush a week or two before harvesting anymore for that very reason, but I do give them plain water at least once (to runoff) before they're harvested. I think these girls got 3 nice drinks of plain water before the chop. I think I do need to start feeding heavier in general though. This was my first time using bloom nutrients instead of all purpose fertilizer.

thanks for the love you guys. it was two plants. there are no lights or fans running in the area right now (except for the extraction fan).

Back
Top Bottom