Chameleon's First Soil Grow 2 CHRONIC

DeadTour = I have a ph test kit as well as a some ph-up and ph-down. I have been testing the water before I water. I have had them at about 6.0 the whole time. I'm using the liquid test kit. I noticed the purple stems and I haven't really figured out what the deal is on that. You think it is PH? Could it be my soil's ph and if you think it is how do I check that?

Loveyourlife = Thanks for stopping by man! I'm glad to see I have a few followers at least checking me out every once in awhile :slide: Ya Id like some meds right now but i'm so broke. My roomie has some but I don't like to smoke his stash cause I tend to get pissed when he does it to me ha ha!

So this little project has turned into an infatuation :Rasta:. I find myslef scouring this website constantly for new ideas and to see everyone elses grows. I have a vast amount of subscriptions now and I'm looking forward to everyones progress as well as my own.

Well I had some 2x2's and some OSB plywood and some screws so I decided to build my self a little veg chamber so when I put these other plants into flower I can start another batch so I can hopefully keep my supplies intact :roorrip:. The dimensions are 1'8"x1'8"x2'6". I have some old computer fans i'm gonna throw in there, there are 2 80mm and 1 120mm I'm gonna wire the two 80s onto a cellphone charger and the 120 onto a seperate charger. Two intake one exhaust. For lighting I'm gonna get 3 y adapters for 4 slots and I'm gonna fill em with 42w CFLs. Should be enough right? Here are some pictures of the unfinished product. I've gotta head over to Home Depot next week to pick up the lights and my old man has to bring me the rotozip to cut the holes for the fans :cool:

SSPX0177.jpg

SSPX0178.jpg

SSPX0179.jpg

I checked on the plants this morning and they look so much healthier now. The clone that I knocked over is dead i'm almost positive. I gave it some ph'd tap water I let sit out for a day and a half as well as some spray from my foilar mix. I sprayed all the plants with my foilar mix as well. The other plants don't need water so i'm gonna let them ride for a day or so:allgood:.

Plant PICs

SSPX0176.jpg

SSPX0175.jpg

SSPX0173.jpg

SSPX0174.jpg

SSPX0172.jpg

SSPX0171.jpg

SSPX0170.jpg

SSPX0169.jpg

SSPX0168.jpg

SSPX0167.jpg

SSPX0166.jpg

Such a shame I am so sad :(

Unfortunate about the clones, you get em for free right?

Building a box is a great idea. But the dimensions you gave for the box indicates to me that your only gonna flower 1 maybe 2 at a time. I'm a little worried about the hieght of the box, it seems that one of your plants is almost as tall. And that is not considering the LST training I see you've put into it. so with that in mind. I just wanna make sure you built that to those dimensions for 1 plant.

The next clones you get, get a clear plastic pop bottle, clean it out, cut off the top and use it as a humidifying dome. Put that sucker right over the cup.(if it doesn't fit get something clear that does) From what i've read the more humidity, like 90%, for the clones the higher the chance for survival since they can take moisture in through the roots and leaves, and if they have no roots then they take all the moisture in from the leaves. Room Air is usually pretty dry. Sorry that i didn't mention this earlier, when i looked at the pics I wasn't even thinking humidity for the clones, i was looking at your bigger plants. Sorry.

Hope this helps in the future. :popcorn::peace:

Musik \\\vVv///

Big Smokie = I am planning that I just threw that in there to see what it looked like. I have a friend over at Sherwin Williams that can hook me up with some free paint :cool:

Musik = Ya so so sad... but I have been getting them for free :Rasta:. I was going to use the box as a veg room not a flowering room. I want the bigger aerated space for the flowering plants so they can get as big as possible and hopefully no mold. I figure I can veg 4 plants in it, hopefully lol. Thanks for the advice on the clones. I will do that when I pull the cones off of my 2 big plants before they go into flower in the next week or 2.

Any other comments????

If that is for vegging, yeah 4 maybe 6 would fit in there. I musta misread that one.
Yeah definately get something to keep in the humidity for the little guys, looks like your growing on a budget thats why I mention the pop bottles otherwise if you can get access to a Humidity Dome specific for clones that works too. Like I said, from what I've read, the more humidity for the clones the better so the leaves can take in what it needs to make roots. I could be wrong, i'm sure an expert will correct me or agree. :passitleft:

Musik \\\vVv/// :goodjob::peace:

If I was you I would get rid of the tinfoil and just paint the inside of your grow area white... tinfoil has hot spots that can burn your plants. Just my 2 cents
This is a good tip, although if you're using CFL's the danger is much less. I've read that if you're going to use aluminum foil, you can point the flat, non-shiny side towards the light to further reduce the risk of hotspots.

If that is for vegging, yeah 4 maybe 6 would fit in there. I musta misread that one.
Yeah definately get something to keep in the humidity for the little guys, looks like your growing on a budget thats why I mention the pop bottles otherwise if you can get access to a Humidity Dome specific for clones that works too. Like I said, from what I've read, the more humidity for the clones the better so the leaves can take in what it needs to make roots. I could be wrong, i'm sure an expert will correct me or agree. :passitleft:

Musik \\\vVv/// :goodjob::peace:

I wouldn't call myself an expert but I agree that humidity will drastically increase your odds of survival in most cases with clones. I tried to root the top of the plant I had to cut down, I had it in the little peat moss pellet humidity container thing, but I left it on the window sill and forgot about it while I was repotting my new girls... Poor thing fried, they need to be kept in a pretty stable environment, and looked after /= I feel bad for accidentally killing it but it happens sometimes... Nice box btw, I was thinking of building one before I start flowering just to make sure I have something 100% light free. I don't really trust my makeshift curtains...

hey there Chameleon! I'm very, very new to growing but ive done quite a bit of research and just started my first grow, but ive got to say, thats a sweet little setup youve got there. im subscribed... cant wait to follow along for the ride!

good luck!

Music = When I pull clones before I go into flower i'm gonna take six and put em in that new veg box, then i'm gonna throw 3 halved 2 liter bottles in there over em :smokin:

LYL = Thanks for the info on the CFL's... I already talked to a friend and he has some white paint for me I'm gonna get it on sunday :grinjoint: Hopefully this 2 liter bottle thing works out because I would love to see 6 of these flower :bong: Especially for the yield that this strain is known for!!! WOOP WOOP ha ha

Mtnbiker = Sweet nice to see you on 420mag! Thanks for the compliment there are some freakin awesome grows out there just surf around on the journals and you will see :grinjoint:

Today I checked on my plants and they look aweomse! I did some foilar feeding on the bigger ones and the clones I got. By the way the one clone that got knocked over is looking better the stem is straightening up and is very green again. Maybe she is saved?!?!?! That would be so f-ing amazing!

I'll throw some pics up in the next day or so!

The next time you clone, make sure you trim the leaves up. I cut my leaves in half. This way the plant doesn't have to work so hard to send nutrients to the whole leaves. They perk up much faster this way. ;-)

It very well may spring back to life. From what I've been reading, Cannabis is a tough cookie. Good luck.

Just let those babies gro!, u'll be pleasantly surprised when it comes time to flower,for now just let the root growth on the bottom catch up to the canopy growth on the top and let it develop lots of side branching to give you a decent yield down the road!

Ms. Fox = Very nice to see you again thanks for the advice on cutting the leaves, I will be doing this very soon. I'm gonna incorporate what everyone has been saying when I do my clones in about a week.

Pericodaking = Thanks for the encouragement. I'm really excited to see how this LST does. Both of the bigger plants have what looks like main shoots almost coming out of the sides. Hopefully I can pull 4 oz off of the both of them :grinjoint:

LoveYourLife = It looks like she is gonna survive!!! I haven't been able to check on them today... my roomie is asleep so I will have to wait to give pictures.

Musikgenman = You have been very busy in your journal man I checked it out this morning everything is looking great.

UPDATE =
Bought my lights for my veg box. Will 5600 Lumens be enough? Also I bought some Nvision CFL's that say they are daylight spectrum, I'm pretty sure they are like 6000k or something to that nature at least that is what google came up with. Is this enough light for my box? I will give some final pictures of the box on most likely monday. I have some golfing to do on sunday ;) Anyways here are some pics of the setup supplies and also my babies!!!!

SSPX0195.jpg

SSPX0194.jpg

SSPX0193.jpg

SSPX0192.jpg

SSPX0191.jpg

SSPX0190.jpg

SSPX0189.jpg

SSPX0188.jpg

SSPX0187.jpg

SSPX0186.jpg

SSPX0185.jpg

Comments, Questions, Concerns?

Ms. Fox = Thanks for the confidence booster!

Well I had a decent night at work last night and I came home at 4:00 am and tried to go to sleep but it didn't happen.... Sux! So I decided to start messing with the CFL light fixture I was making. I went ahead and assembled it and I decided that I was gonna use an old wire hanger to attach it to my box. I'm just gonna drill a hole in top and bend it at what ever height I need. I got golf today and I should be getting my paint for the box too.

I decided to go ahead and wire the computer fans I was gonna use... lets just say change in plans ha ha! I had it working with an old cell phone charger but it just wasn't spinning fast enough blowing enough CFM's.... So I decided to try and a juice it up a bit :rollit:. I cut the cord off of an old Surround Sound System stripped it and wired it together. I plugged my contraption in and POP with some sparks and some stinky smoke lol. I guess I gave the little motor it had in it too much POWA lol.

I decided I'm gonna take the old desk top fan I have and disassemble the base and mount it flush with the wood using it only as an exhaust and i'm just gonna cut a passive intake. What do you guys think? I won't have any air ciculating in there... Do you guys think it will be ok? (I live where it is very hot and humid but it will be inside in a closet... It gets kinda warm in the closet sometimes during the day though)

Pics of the light setup.... GHETTO STYLE :grinjoint:

SSPX0196.jpg

SSPX0197.jpg

SSPX01982.jpg

SSPX01991.jpg

Way to go on the member status. I thought I'd drop over and see whats new.:popcorn:
As far as your box goes, yeah your gonna want airflow in between the plants. If you watch my movie in my journal I span back to the fan. I thought I bought an oscillating fan and found out it wasn't. Lost the reciept or threw it away when I left the store.(bad habit i have from when i was a bad kid) So until then that fan is gonna have to do it. Also with mine there is alot of space for hot air to rise to. I know once I get exhaust expelling that air that my closet will cool down. For now it will have to work. As long as the exhaust is at the top and the intake is at the bottom you should at least have airflow.(hot air rises) You might not get the proper circulation but at least you will be letting hot air out and fresh air in. Blowing air through the plants prevents air pockets from building up which can be bad for your plants according to what I've read.
I'll keep watch out for ya as best I can! Good Luck!

:slide::popcorn::rollit::bong::grinjoint::peace:

Musik \\\vVv///

Thanks for the info musik....

I think that I'm gonna put my 6 inch fan on the side in the middle and use it for Intake/Circulation.... It puts out some pretty damn decent CFM's(it should it cost me 10 freakin dollars) . I'm gonna put an old 80mm fan on the top of the box for exhaust... I'm not gonna wire this one to the big cord lol.

So now it looks like I might be f'd on getting my HPS. I had someone steal 150 from my bank last night at work.... A co-worker at that... and now of course I get stuck paying it. I was gonna go and get my light this weekend too but now the money I would have made is going to pay that shit off!

I have some awesome growth over the weekend.... I'll do an update after I do my box and such.

One last thing to say! Karma is a f'in bitch... They will get theirs

^a fan is great for fattening up their stems as well, which in turn will be able to hold bigger buds. as far as your scumbag co-worker, i'd go with the option of taking care of that old school style, (meet them in the parking lot) lol good luck bro :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom