CLOJ Goes Coco! Mandala Speed Queen - Drip to Waste

Thanks Sanibel!

They are definitely a cool shade of green...kinda like a light minty green. Dunno if that's the strain trait, or if they want more food? They look happy and healthy, so I'm leaning more towards strain trait.
I'm happy with the node spacing too. I've been keeping the T5 a good 12-14 inches off the canopy. I wanted to let them stretch just a little bit so as not to have those reallly tight stacked nodes that are common with the indicas. Sometimes it seems as though they are too tight and hinder air flow and light penetration around the center of the plants.

Thanks again for stopping by! :peace:

I can sure attest to plants being very short when the T-5 lights are kept very low. Great lateral growth but practically no vertical growth. My plants have been moved under an LED panel that is higher up so we shall see if the vertical growth kicks in after the transplant shock passes.

Good job CLOJ!

EDIT: Not sure on the leaf issue. What is the pH of the runoff from the containers?

I can sure attest to plants being very short when the T-5 lights are kept very low. Great lateral growth but practically no vertical growth. My plants have been moved under an LED panel that is higher up so we shall see if the vertical growth kicks in after the transplant shock passes.

Good job CLOJ!

EDIT: Not sure on the leaf issue. What is the pH of the runoff from the containers?

Thanks Munki :)

I PH tested the runoff water a few days ago, and it was at 5.8...same as it went in. So I don't think it is a PH issue.

I hear that coco likes to withhold calcium, so I've been adding 4ml of CalMax to the daily waterings. I'm not sure if I'm overdoing it, or if it is not enough. I think that this is where my problem is stemming from. I may have to ask some of the seasoned coco guys.:scratchinghead:

So you repotted and switched to the LED?...I'll have to stop by your journal and check it out!!

:peace: brotha!

I love Mandela seeds. I have some Speed Queen that is going to be ready in three weeks. I noticed that it has grown much larger buds and should double what each Satori (Mandela Seeds as well) plant produces.

Man, your plants look great.

That picture with a def. might be the start of Calcium, I pretty sure it is calcium that starts to "pit" like that. Check my sig to be sure though :)

SG

I love Mandela seeds. I have some Speed Queen that is going to be ready in three weeks. I noticed that it has grown much larger buds and should double what each Satori (Mandela Seeds as well) plant produces.

Man, your plants look great.

Hi Caddie! Thanks for stopping in and thanks for the kind words. :rollit:
I'm happy to hear that the queen is a producer! I was debating between satori and speed queen, and obviously chose the queen...even though it sounded like satori was the bigger producer. I can't wait to see how they finish out!!

That picture with a def. might be the start of Calcium, I pretty sure it is calcium that starts to "pit" like that. Check my sig to be sure though :)

SG

Thanks for weighing in on my leaf issue Sanibel! I checked your deficiency chart, and the calcium def pictures definitely look closest to what my leaves are starting to experience. I'm going to up my daily watering doses of CalMax for a while to see if I see any positive changes. I sure hope so!!

Thanks again Sanibel! :thanks:

Thanks Munki :)

I PH tested the runoff water a few days ago, and it was at 5.8...same as it went in. So I don't think it is a PH issue.

I hear that coco likes to withhold calcium, so I've been adding 4ml of CalMax to the daily waterings. I'm not sure if I'm overdoing it, or if it is not enough. I think that this is where my problem is stemming from. I may have to ask some of the seasoned coco guys.:scratchinghead:

So you repotted and switched to the LED?...I'll have to stop by your journal and check it out!!

:peace: brotha!

Yep, plants are starting to get transferred to bigger buckets and into the main tent under LED.

I think you are on the right track with the Calcium. My tap is so high in Ca and GH micro supplements Ca that I would have the opposite problem if I did not use RO. Overall, looking great CLOJ!

Here's a quick update!

Today the queens are just about 4 weeks from seed. At midnight tonight they will start their 36 of darkness before I switch them to 12/12 on Thursday night.

the group of nine...
CanonRebel_2204.PNG

flower cab, all clean and eagerly awaiting the new girls...
CanonRebel_2215.PNG

That's it for now. I'll do another update on thursday...Dai 1 of flower!

Thanks all! :ganjamon:

Sanibel! Yes...Flowering is where the fun really begins!! The girls will be sitting under a 600w hps.

LET THE FUN BEGIN! :yahoo:

OK,

After a 36 hour time-out in the dark, I introduced the queens to their flower cabinet. Still don't know sexes yet, so I'll be on the lookout for any ballsacks that might start hangin.

Day 1 flower...
CanonRebel_2205.PNG

:bongrip:

Yeah, I think the 600 is definitely sufficient for my 3'x4' cab. A little harder to cool, but I live in a cool climate so it's all good. Thanks Sanibel :)

Pre-update update...

Well, out of my nine queens, I am pretty sure that I have identified 3 males...I'm not going to chop them just yet though. I will wait a bit longer to be certain before the guillotine comes out. I reallly hope that 3 is all I get of these 9 plants :bitingnails:

Tomorrow will be 1 week of flowering, so I'll update with some pics.

:thanks:

Wow CLOJ, Dems some healthy lookin plants and your flower room looks great.. Good luck with mostly females..Great job my friend.....

:bravo::bravo:

Wow CLOJ, Dems some healthy lookin plants and your flower room looks great.. Good luck with mostly females..Great job my friend.....

:bravo::bravo:

Thanks for stopping by moslow!! I really wish that my flower room looked like your greenhouse! ;) Maybe someday...

Well, I have officially found 4 males...leaving me with 4 confirmed females and 1 undecided. I know that my male/female ratio could be worse, but I have decided to go with fem seeds for my next grow. I HATE having to chop such beautiful plants because they turn out to be male!

Here's a few pics...been on 12/12 for 1 week:

Here's the group of 9, males and all.
CanonRebel_2206.PNG

The males - removed and about to get the chop
CanonRebel_2216.PNG

What's left?..4 females and 1 undecided
CanonRebel_2224.PNG

pistil shot
CanonRebel_2233.PNG

Well that's it for now...more to come soon :)

Back
Top Bottom