CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest

Speaking of heat mats folks, another option I have tried the past few germinations with success has been to put them on top of my lights! I added an insulation piece and then a small baking sheet on top of that. It minimizes the radiant heat from the light dramatically. You can add or remove some sort of fabric to raise or lower temps as needed. Then I put my seeds into some small jars, covered them with a towel and then covered with a darker material to make sure it is really dark.

Not saying it is better than a heat mat. It's just one less thing to use electricity. Hope that helps. I used to put them in a cupboard but it just never got warm enough.

20220208_061155-01.jpeg

20220208_061440-01.jpeg
I don’t think you should be putting a baking tray on top of your driver. I would hate for you to kill your light over something so simple :Namaste:

Not to mention I think it voids the warranty. Just looking out for my friends!!! Happy growing !

I don’t think you should be putting a baking tray on top of your driver. I would hate for you to kill your light over something so simple :Namaste:

Not to mention I think it voids the warranty. Just looking out for my friends!!! Happy growing !
Eeee...didn't think of that. Thanks for the heads up! I will have to find a different way. Sucks because it worked so well and stayed consistent. But not at the expense of ruining the equipment. Never even thought about that. :passitleft::high-five:

Eeee...didn't think of that. Thanks for the heads up! I will have to find a different way. Sucks because it worked so well and stayed consistent. But not at the expense of ruining the equipment. Never even thought about that. :passitleft::high-five:
I got your back!!!! :high-five:

Maybe paper towels ina plastic baggy sealed up on top would be fine. Idk if that method got bunked since then

I just sow directly into my media.

I got your back!!!! :high-five:

Maybe paper towels ina plastic baggy sealed up on top would be fine. Idk if that method got bunked since then

I just sow directly into my media.
Much appreciated! I think I'm just going to steer away from this method. Not worth the risk. Like @Jon said...now I'm scared. Haaa haaa. Good looking out!

[10x20" seedling heat mat] I am putting that on the tools that I need to gather list.
Go Big, get scientific and get the temp controller for the mat. It's only another $20 or so.
You don't want to get the babies or clones too hot.
I have two sets. I use 1/2" insulation under the mats so the heat only goes up.

They can be used for other projects too! Like a controlled bread proofer using a cooler,
or wrap it around a 5 gal water jug, covered with a towel for fermenting kombucha or beer.
There's a sealed tube accessory to lower the temp probe down into the liquid.

How are the expected babies on this cold and miserable winter day?!!

Today is the 10th day since planting the seeds, and so far, nothing is showing. I totally hate this part of the grow. Maybe the mistake was putting them 1 inch down... I am so bad at this starting stage. I will continue to wait a few more days. I have really taken care to warm up the cups, but all I am doing is drying out the soil faster. Grrr I say... Grrrr.

The bloom room is doing very well in contrast. Each day brings a bit more green to the picture. The water usage slowed down a bit though, and I thought that 2 days was a little quick... this time they went 4 days between waterings and each plant took a bit over a gallon of water. The buds are developing nicely now and it is clear that some of these plants are going to be big producers. I would expect nothing less from these Bushmans, as even the size of their trunks is impressive. These plants were bred to hold up a lot of weight.

I have added a third schedule for our deep/far red light array. I now have it coming on for a half hour right around their Noon time, in addition to before and after the light period, to simulate a fuller light spectrum in nature at about that time. We used to turn on our UV reptile lights at that time, but until I get a replacement for that, we will do the far red.

DSCF0317.JPG
DSCF0316.JPG
DSCF0315.JPG
DSCF0313.JPG

Today is the 10th day since planting the seeds, and so far, nothing is showing. I totally hate this part of the grow. Maybe the mistake was putting them 1 inch down... I am so bad at this starting stage. I will continue to wait a few more days. I have really taken care to warm up the cups, but all I am doing is drying out the soil faster. Grrr I say... Grrrr.

The bloom room is doing very well in contrast. Each day brings a bit more green to the picture. The water usage slowed down a bit though, and I thought that 2 days was a little quick... this time they went 4 days between waterings and each plant took a bit over a gallon of water. The buds are developing nicely now and it is clear that some of these plants are going to be big producers. I would expect nothing less from these Bushmans, as even the size of their trunks is impressive. These plants were bred to hold up a lot of weight.

I have added a third schedule for our deep/far red light array. I now have it coming on for a half hour right around their Noon time, in addition to before and after the light period, to simulate a fuller light spectrum in nature at about that time. We used to turn on our UV reptile lights at that time, but until I get a replacement for that, we will do the far red.

DSCF0317.JPG
DSCF0316.JPG
DSCF0315.JPG
DSCF0313.JPG
I hate that part too. I want to fast forward every seed to the fifth node. Lol. Bloom room rocks though!

Hi Emmy!

I feel stupid even trying to give you any advice but seeding is one of my favorite parts! 1/4 of an inch under is more than adequate. I am with Jon though, loving the bloom room! I also dig your name, different tha. All our flower tents/rooms!

Hopefully they will come up soon, too bad we don't have x-ray vision!

Today is the 10th day since planting the seeds, and so far, nothing is showing. I totally hate this part of the grow. Maybe the mistake was putting them 1 inch down... I am so bad at this starting stage.
They should be up by now one would think. Any plans to go digging? An inch down is about double my max. They could have sprouted but just can't push their way up through all that overhead. Careful though, obviously. Don't want to hurt the tap root.

I like to start mine out with a swim in rain water with a bit of worm castings for a day or two. Anything that hasn't split the seed coat after two days goes into a wet paper towel. That way there's no guessing whether or not it germinated. As soon as I see a hint of leg it gets potted 1/4 to 1/2 inch down and watered in with the worm castings water. The microbes in the castings water help ward off damping off disease.

They should be up by now one would think. Any plans to go digging? An inch down is about double my max. They could have sprouted but just can't push their way up through all that overhead. Careful though, obviously. Don't want to hurt the tap root.

I like to start mine out with a swim in rain water with a bit of worm castings for a day or two. Anything that hasn't split the seed coat after two days goes into a wet paper towel. That way there's no guessing whether or not it germinated. As soon as I see a hint of leg it gets potted 1/4 to 1/2 inch down and watered in with the worm castings water. The microbes in the castings water help ward off damping off disease.
live and learn... an inch down must be a bit too much.

not for a bit yet... when I decide to start over, I will.

I find the whole germination process can be a bit of a nightmare, especially waiting and not knowing if the seed is buggered, or if it is about to break thru the surface any day. That and when the membrane doesn't clear itself and my eyesight misses the problem.

Altho, one thing that I have noticed in my worm farm, is when seeds from fruit waste germinate I am often surprised how some can be quite deeply 'embedded' (far more than I would plant my own seeds) and yet they still make their way to the surface. So fingers crossed that your's are about to break thru! :goodluck:

Same same as Baked only difference is powerful hard drive magnets on top of LED heat sink which works as spacers and to hold baking pan in place… ditto gotta slightly hydrate the baking pan. Yeah I know… if I dump half a cup of water on fixture - then so be it.

dare I state the obvious… metal as in a (non aluminum) baking pan cause duh? And none of those skinny assed half-a-sip solo cups, needs keggers - the ones with a wide bottom or square bottom

If I may weigh in.

I wouldnt trash a sponsor so I dont want anyone to misconstrue what Im about to suggest.

If you @Emilya , @Growings and myself (including my grow buddy not on the forum) had difficulties in germ perhaps the seeds might need to be assessed for viability.

Im batting 2/3 from my first autos ( one still born after showing taproot and transferring to media) and both that germed showed some abnormalities. My grow buddy went 4/8 and had some irregularities with seedlings, and hes a star. His normal photos strains that were side by side went 6/6.

Then I ran 1/4 on a 2+2 photo run.

@CultivationArt had no trouble though.

The jury might be still out as I didnt run any further side by sides, but Im brave enough to make the suggestion. Perhaps as an unsponsored independent I have that luxury.

Back
Top Bottom