Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide

Looks like the hard part is trying to convert liquid ml. to gr. I'll study that calculator the next few days & I'll hit you up with any questions. I got to learn how to use this thing so I can get pretty plants too :) !
The program converts it for you. You just need a scale, then weigh the liquids to what the image showed.

The program converts it for you. You just need a scale, then weigh the liquids to what the image showed.
Wow, now that's weird. Using Dry Weight Measurements for Liquids. If you wouldn't have mentioned that I would of thought for sure they had a typo or something. I guess once you weigh it the 1st time you can draw it up in a syringe to see how many cc it is & go with that.

@Buds Buddy
This can be used when you're at 2g of MC. Substitute this recipe. Everything is measured in grams per gallon, not mL's.

TARGET VALUES AND RESULTS

1620435293596.png

RECIPE

1620435331582.png
will this get to the moon though. lol Looks like a Nasa telemetry chart. heehee. This forum is one of the only I have ever visited where i feel thick as shit Mr S... I have a good head for some left field tech and concepts but this shit spins my noggin and always did in the mc forum. lol I half get it then lose the thread , its like snakes and ladders..
thankfully my lizard brain keeps me on the 12g mid to full flower regime with silicon and cal mag i found with you guys. it works everytime. looks like the v4 Mc is more on par with the addition of the shogun pk 9/18 I use too with its numbers Been using the v2 with the shogun from mid flower for the boost instead of additional mc dosage. Inhave so much v2 left that it seems I will be set forna while why the versions improve and pass me by .lol Told Mrs GG to use the remainder I have for the plants around my grave in a few years!!!. lol such great value that now considering another bag of new version and using the older one for veg garden. Still using Los/coco mix too but the mc really rescues the flowering period. Be well mate. Hope you have managed to get to a chiropodists during the madness , your shoes must be shredded...

I did find using 3 bags only ( the largest mu for ice and trim and smallest 2 for the other bucket) and 2 buckets has been my easiest and most productive way 1st bucket to separate the leaf/trichs rhen through the 2 bags in the other bucket , empty the 2nd buckets waste water from the filtered water and repeat the 1st bit again to release more trichs then again through 2nd bucket. You can do it with 3 in 1 bucket but I prefer this way so I can multi run bags
Question to clarify: So I have 25 / 73 / 120 / 160 / 220 Micron Bags & 25 micron pressing screen.
1) I should just put the 220 Micron bag in 1 bucket with Trim, Buds, Ice & Water to remove the Trichs ?
2) ***So Trichs end up in the bottom of the bucket ?***
3) Then pour the bucket of water into a 2nd bucket that has 73 & 25 Micron Screens to sift the Trichs out ?

Going to be doing this in a few days; so trying to get all the details straight. Thanks for your help !

Wow, now that's weird. Using Dry Weight Measurements for Liquids. If you wouldn't have mentioned that I would of thought for sure they had a typo or something. I guess once you weigh it the 1st time you can draw it up in a syringe to see how many cc it is & go with that.
Yes you could. In my case I just have different size plastic measuring cups, from 15mL to 1L. So I just tare the cup and pour the liquid in until the gram weight matches what I want.

Yes you could. In my case I just have different size plastic measuring cups, from 15mL to 1L. So I just tare the cup and pour the liquid in until the gram weight matches what I want.
I use 5 ml. eye droppers; but not real accurate... just close. But a 3cc or 5cc Syringe would make things more precise.
Have a bunch of brand new big ones laying around from my wife's old liquid meds so I may have found a use for them.

Finished the harvest on Peyote Wi Fi #2 so here's a few pics of it hanging to dry. Starting the chop on the next one tonight some time. In the process of taking down the LA Garden 5 x 5 & putting up the Mars Hydro 5 x 5 to get ready for a 4 plant grow. Tent will be down tonight. Shampoo carpet tomorrow before the new tent goes up. Harvest the last plant. Make Hash. Make SCROG NET FRAME. Guess I got a few things to do over the next couple of days.
For my 4 plant grow I'm doing 1 Aurora Indica, 1 White Widow, 2 SFV Kush (bag seed) & 2 Cherry on Top (bag seed).
Only keeping 4 of the 6 for the grow.

10-473.JPG
10-474.JPG
10-475.JPG
10-476.JPG
10-477.JPG

But you're not measuring cc's, you're measuring the weight of the cc's so there's no need for accurate liquid measurements. Just put a cup on a gram scale, tare it, and fill it to the correct weight with any old pipette/syringe.
That sounds counter-productive to me. Draw it up in a syringe, to weigh it in a cup. I can see you have to do it that way the 1st time so you can find out how many cc's it is to the correct weight. But once you know how many cc's to the weight it sounds easier to draw the stuff up right out of the bottle to the correct cc's & eliminate the weighing of liquid additives. Not arguing the point. Just seems easier to me then weighing it every time. Any reason what I'm thinking wouldn't work ? Please let me know if I'm wrong. I'm always looking for the easy way out.... lol.

OK, so I got a few pics of Peyote Wi Fi #2 final harvest & weight. Best weight so far. Too bad it's not the best weed. It's probably OK for the average smoker; but not for me & my tolerance. I have to smoke a whole joint to get a decent buzz.
If 1 joint doesn't get 2 people high, I don't consider it very good weed. Speaking of weed, time for my wake & bake...
Cherry on Top of course !
I probably have close to 1.5 lbs. of Peyote Wi Fi total. Going to be a lot of Brownies & Hash. I'll probably keep 2 oz. for Emergency Smoke & use the rest of it for the Hash & Brownies.
The yield of Peyote #2 is 213 gr. / 7 oz. 17 gr.
Here's some pics.
10-478.JPG
10-479.JPG
10-480.JPG
10-481.JPG

My stash weed.
10-482.JPG

Still working on getting things ready for another grow. Old 5 x 5 tent is down & plants are all harvested. Have to Shampoo the carpet today so I can put up the new Mars Hydro 5 x 5 once it's dry.
So while the carpet is drying I'll be prepping 6 - 1 gal. pots to go in the tent once it's set up & ready. Since I think this soil has gnat larvae I'm using the Peroxide & water mix before ever planting a seed in it. It worked perfect on the last plant.
Made the roots grow like all hell. Roots are already coming out the bottom of the 3 gal. pot. I went from solo cup straight to a 3 gal. so that is some rapid root growth. I think I'm seeing the benefit of growing in Coco in Auto-Pots with Air Domes right now. Oxygen to the roots is a huge plus.
Anyway, I used 1 qt. of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide mixed in 3 qt.'s of water = 1 gal. & poured the entire gal. through the 3 gal. pot. Took about 5 days to dry & roots to come out the bottom of the pot. I have to say I'm considering doing this again on my next up-pot to see what happens.
Oh well, still have to do an update on my other journal before I get back to work on things; so talk at ya later.

When you use bud to make Hash, do you break the buds up or throw them in whole ? I probably wont get to make it till this weekend with all I have to do. But still need to get the info straight. I'll do a practice run with all the trim 1st. I probably got 5 - 6 oz. of trim with the tiny buds mixed in it.
How much weed or trim do you recommend for the 5 gal. bag set ?

You're wrong, but only because that's not how hydrobuddy works. It works in weight in grams no matter how crazy that seems with liquid measurements.

I just put a small cup on the scale, tare it, and pipette in liquid until I hit my weight. Easy!
I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I'm not real good at explaining either though. Let's say I want .5 gr. of "N".
I draw it up in a syringe & weigh it in a cup till I get .5 gr. Then I draw up the .5 gr. of "N" out of the cup with the syringe.
Look at the syringe to see how many cc's .5 gr. is. So if it says 35 cc is .5 gr. I would think you could just draw up 35 cc every time & not bother to weigh it since you already determined how many cc's are in .5 gr.
There's really no way of determining how many cc's until you weigh it the 1st time & draw it up in a syringe to see. But after that ? I see no reason why not. The weight shouldn't change any if it's the same amount of liquid each time. Or at least I would think it wouldn't. It's just another conversion like changing liquid weight to dry weight like Hydro Buddy is doing.
I use to be really good at this kind of stuff. Math was always my favorite subject. But when you haven't used this stuff much in 40 years you tend to forget the way the equations work. Doesn't help much that they changed the terminology on a lot either. You don't even see the term LCD (lowest common denominator) any more. They changed the name of the term. No wonder kids today aren't the brightest. Parents weren't able to help them because the idiots changed the terminology. Why ? If it isn't broke.... don't fix it. I was lost when my kid brought me his math homework. He was explaining things in one language & I was using the math terms I knew & it just got real confusing. Nothing was the way I was taught.

Then I draw up the .5 gr. of "N" out of the cup with the syringe.
Why? Just dump it in your water bucket.
I would think you could just draw up 35 cc every time & not bother to weigh it since you already determined how many cc's are in .5 gr.
For any given nutrient liquid, once you have established the weight/cc you don't need to weigh it again.
The weight shouldn't change any if it's the same amount of liquid each time.
For the same nutrient liquid, you're 100% correct! Not all nutrient liquids will have the same weight/cc.

Back
Top Bottom