Buds Buddy Does DWC: Critical 2.0 For The 1st Time

Nice set up man, and thanks for the info
Thanks man, and any info I can give to help others I’m all about it. Forgot to mention I also run 2-3 drops of bleach per 5 gallons of water throughout the entire grow for helping to keep any unwanted bacteria at bay. That picture was when I had an 8 plant setup, currently in soil, and loving the simplicity for a little bit. Until I get more light in the room I’m limited what I can do ATM, but I’ve managed to get it to a point of being perpetual and getting ready to phase in some new strains. Always a work in progress

Attachments

• 389F532E-4B53-4E2D-9F21-0255E5204792.jpeg
    389F532E-4B53-4E2D-9F21-0255E5204792.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
I know I’m very late jumping into this thread and skipped a lot of pages, about 45 of them lol. But I’d like to say your plants are looking very healthy sir and I love how everything’s setup. I’ve been doing northern lights for about 5-6 cycles now soo I got very intrigued when reading that on the first page. Long time grower, mostly DWC and RDWC, recently switched to promix simply for the ease of managing larger number of plants and messing with about 6 strains at the moment :lot-o-toke: trying to figure out what I want to run next. How are you enjoying the rapid growth rate switching to hydro? I need to fire up another system again, just waiting to expand my room a bit to be able to do so. If you have the room for it, I would suggest looking into RDWC, it’s a little easier to manage than DWC in my opinion. As far as the flushing question, that’s always up for debate, typically when I ran hydro of any sort, around day 35 I’d flush for a couple hours to help clear any residue buildup from the system then when I was getting ready to chop I would flush for 48-72 hours, basically the time I’d let the plants sit in the dark, but mostly to start cleaning the system for my next run because I try to constantly have something growing. Enough of the rambling, here’s a shot of my 8 site RDWC I had built and grew some dankkk Jack Herer in.. Any questions you may have fire away brotha, I may have to throw some back into your court at some point about growing in promix
The DWC run was OK. But where I live & growing in a shed without water inside of it is too obvious for me. Carrying buckets in & out is not good. I went back to soil for now. Once this grow is done I plan to install a Utility Shop Sink in the shed.

Bleach huh, I might have to give it a try, I have one bucket that I can’t keep the slim on the roots at bay, I use hydro guard but this bucket been given me problems, I been dosing it with peroxide and that works short term but it keeps coming back

Bleach huh, I might have to give it a try, I have one bucket that I can’t keep the slim on the roots at bay, I use hydro guard but this bucket been given me problems, I been dosing it with peroxide and that works short term but it keeps coming back
Are you just topping off your bucket or doing actual bucket changes ? I completely swapped out the bucket & nutes every 7 - 10 days & I used 2 ml. of Hydro Guard per gal. Never got slime. Cleaned my buckets with Dawn Soap every bucket change. I did get root stain once from nutes but it washed off in a few days. My water temps were usually 72 - 74 F.

Yes sir, couple drops per 5 gals should work for at least a week, what nutrients are you using? And what’s your water temp staying around? When using general hydro I had severe buildup and slime issues, air stones clogged up in what seemed like a weeks time. I switched to botanicare and all issues went away. You also want to keep your water temp as close to 68 as you can, and you also want to use a black bucket to keep light out to help prevent slime/algae. Light for plants = awesome. Light for water = very bad.
Are you just topping off your bucket or doing actual bucket changes ? I completely swapped out the bucket & nutes every 7 - 10 days & I used 2 ml. of Hydro Guard per gal. Never got slime. Cleaned my buckets with Dawn Soap every bucket change. I did get root stain once from nutes but it washed off in a few days. My water temps were usually 72 - 74 F.
This exact reason is why I went RDWC, keeps everything circulating, I had feed lines coming into my tent, one a straight water line, and the other was from my nutrient buckets, the RDWC system had its own pump, soo I used a boiler drain for a drain valve to dump the system, I got tired of carrying buckets and I hated the thought of constantly lifting the plants out of the bucket to change nutes with the fear of snapping a top branch, at the time I was vegging my plants wayyyy to long and they were constantly growing into the lights as it was without lifting them up. Whoops

My temps were getting high for awhile because she was in a closet, which is where the issue started, I have since got another tent and the temps r staying 71 or under now so hopefully it clears up

Looks like I need to buy another Tent or a mean ass Pit Bull. Wife went out to water the yard last night & caught some guy trying to get in my shed. Stepson chased him down & busted him in the mouth. Guy was like, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It was F your sorry ... Bonk. Told him if there was a next time he wouldn't be so lucky & left it at that.
It was still broad day light out. People got some nerve.
Wish the plants were closer to done so I can shut the shed down for a short while. I'd say I still have a minimum of 2 weeks on the Blueberry (probably more like 3) & a good 3 - 4 weeks on the other 2. Blueberry keeps getting leaves turning yellow slowly from the bottom up. I'm feeding about 5.5 gr. per gal. of MC with a ppm of 788. Still adding SC at 1 gr. per gal. I'll get some new pics this weekend. Starting to work a lot of OT so not on the computer as much. Going in at midnight so I can still have my weekend ... lol.

Damn that sucks, now it’s just another thing to worry about, and that’s a big one, it feels horrible to have someone in ur private area, takes awhile to shake it

Damn that sucks, now it’s just another thing to worry about, and that’s a big one, it feels horrible to have someone in ur private area, takes awhile to shake it
I don't think I'll have to worry come Nov. AZ. will probably go rec weed then. I believe they are suppose to allow 6 plants.
About 6 weeks to go. :)
It's the Blueberry that smells a lot. You sniff around that one & it really hits you. Maybe because it's the one finishing first.
She's a good 10 - 15% Red Hairs now. Other 2 not even 5% yet. Damned girls are drinking so much you'd think they'd fall off their stools. Going through 4 - 4.5 gal. for 3 plants just about every day. Don't believe I've ever had to feed more then 1 gallon to a plant in a 5 gallon grow bag before. Must have a good root zone.

Man, he’s lucky your boy chased him down, if it was me he wouldn’t have been walking, or been able to pick anything up for a long time, id if smashed his kneecaps and knuckles with a hammer, all his buddies would know where to NOT try to rob... nothing pisses me off more... not even my crop and I’m still pissed off lol

Man, he’s lucky your boy chased him down, if it was me he wouldn’t have been walking, or been able to pick anything up for a long time, id if smashed his kneecaps and knuckles with a hammer, all his buddies would know where to NOT try to rob... nothing pisses me off more... not even my crop and I’m still pissed off lol
I hear you there. Not that we wouldn't have liked to. But at the same time ... just a warning doesn't bring the cops to the house & a full on kick ass might. Putting up a 4 camera security system that records next payday & a sign on the door that says "Smile Pretty for the Camera" "Fuck around & it's the Last Time You'll Smile" underneath in small print.

Took some pics tonight so I'll post now.
Blueberry is getting her swell on & starting to turn into a pretty Red Head. She probably is about 20% Red Hairs now so getting there.
SFV .... This girl is growing all weird looking due to me breaking off a main branch during LST in veg. Oh well, she is what she is.
OG Pie Breath is starting to look impressive. She may end up being the biggest yielder.
Going against modern science this time to see how things turn out. Seems like when I use to flush a week before harvest I got stronger weed. So out of curiosity I'm going to flush these girls & not feed anymore during the final week with the final 2 days being dark time before harvest. Temps will be going down to 68 F for the last 2 weeks. See if I can get this Blueberry to show some color ... lol.
7-378.JPG
7-379.JPG
7-380.JPG
7-381.JPG
7-382.JPG
7-383.JPG
7-384.JPG
7-385.JPG

They look amazing, i get stoned looking at it. :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom