Buds Buddy Does DWC: Critical 2.0 For The 1st Time

Thanks Guys. So far the plants look pretty good. I just hope adding the Sweet Candy & Bud Explosion doesn't mess things up. Damned curiosity got me again. Inquiring minds want to know .... lol. But after adding the Terpinator to the last 2 plants & seeing the difference in Trich production I had to give it a shot to see what happens. Only going to use 1/2 the recommended dosage which is only 1 gr. per gallon of each so hopefully it all works out. If not, I have more seeds.
Every weekend I just wipe things down with a wet rag in the grow room so it stays fairly clean. A cricket must have followed me in the other day as I found one in there. Dead now. Only bug I've seen so far so I think the actual grow room part is sealed pretty well.

Things all still look good. Upped the MC to 5 gr. per gal. SC at 1 gr. per gal. & BE at .5 gr. per gal. for 3 feedings so far at 1 gal. ea. per day. ppm has been 750 - 765 so far. I'll up the BE to .75 next nute mix.
Only issue I'm having is with RH right now & I find that weird for my area. Usually real dry air. Not sure if it has something to do with using a window AC in an enclosed grow room or not. Never had this issue growing in tents in the house.
Anyway, I seen wetness on some leaves RH got up to 68% in the 3rd or 4th week of Flower. Obviously, not good so I started a little defol & have my exhaust 1/2 way between low & medium with AC on 75 F. RH is about 45 - 50% now & room temp is 77 F. Better, but not there yet. So, I bought a Frigidaire 50 pint dehumidifier yesterday (used : $40).
I have it running in my bathroom over night to test it before taking it to the grow room. I think this should do the trick.
Oh well, time to go to work. Later !

2 out of 3 plants did not seem to mind the Bud Explosion. The SFV Kush started to get burnt tips though so I quit adding BE to any of the plants. They don't seem to mind the extra kick from the Sweet Candy though. Still doing 5 gr. per gal. MC & 1 gr. per gal. SC. ppm comes out right at 800. Wont be able to go much higher because I think 850 is the max ?
I've been keeping my exhaust fan on low 24/7 & it's been keeping the RH between 42% - 48%. Still a little high so I may turn on the Dehumidifier today. No moisture on the leaves so not real worried about it. Plants are drinking 1 gallon per day still. I put spouts in 2 - 5 gal. buckets for mixing my nutes. Now I can just mix nutes twice per week. This is why I cut out the BE. Don't want to mix extra nutes unless I have to. Without the BE all 3 are happy so I'll go that route for simplicity. Here's some plant pics along with the bucket pic & pics of the Dehumidifier I picked up for $40.
7-356.JPG
7-357.JPG
7-358.JPG
7-359.JPG
7-360.JPG
7-361.JPG
7-362.JPG
7-363.JPG

I’ve never used mc so I’m not sure about that, but I am thinking of broadening my horizons away from GH, I’d like to kno how that dehumidifier does, I have two $40 ones in my 4x4 flower tent and they have trouble keeping it much under 10% lower than ambient, the better ones r just so expensive, also I’m thinking about starting my “flush” on my dwc, it’s my first real harvest so I’m worried I’m gonna mess it up lol

I’ve never used mc so I’m not sure about that, but I am thinking of broadening my horizons away from GH, I’d like to kno how that dehumidifier does, I have two $40 ones in my 4x4 flower tent and they have trouble keeping it much under 10% lower than ambient, the better ones r just so expensive, also I’m thinking about starting my “flush” on my dwc, it’s my first real harvest so I’m worried I’m gonna mess it up lol
Hmmm, Are you suppose to Flush when doing DWC ? I didn't. Just turned it off & chopped her down.

Love that bucket with the spout on it, did u make that?
Yes. They sell the spouts on ebay 3 pack for $9.99. Works Great. I just fill the cups & feed. I've been adding 1 ml. per gal. of Hydro guard since it lasts 2 days. Probably don't need to. But I have it left over so may as well use it before it goes bad.

Nice update Budz. Girls are coming along beautifully. I've been looking at that sfv kush in seedbanks. It's great to get a preview of it growing.
She would be a lot bigger. After Topping I pulled too hard doing LST & lost a main branch. Tried taping it up but that didn't work so this is how it ended up. Not too bad considering.

I’m gonna do 48hrs dark before harvest so I might just put pHed water in there for the dark period and feed up till then
That actually sounds like a good plan. And if possible get it down to 68 F from what I've read. Suppose to really bring out the Terpenes.

I know I’m very late jumping into this thread and skipped a lot of pages, about 45 of them lol. But I’d like to say your plants are looking very healthy sir and I love how everything’s setup. I’ve been doing northern lights for about 5-6 cycles now soo I got very intrigued when reading that on the first page. Long time grower, mostly DWC and RDWC, recently switched to promix simply for the ease of managing larger number of plants and messing with about 6 strains at the moment :lot-o-toke: trying to figure out what I want to run next. How are you enjoying the rapid growth rate switching to hydro? I need to fire up another system again, just waiting to expand my room a bit to be able to do so. If you have the room for it, I would suggest looking into RDWC, it’s a little easier to manage than DWC in my opinion. As far as the flushing question, that’s always up for debate, typically when I ran hydro of any sort, around day 35 I’d flush for a couple hours to help clear any residue buildup from the system then when I was getting ready to chop I would flush for 48-72 hours, basically the time I’d let the plants sit in the dark, but mostly to start cleaning the system for my next run because I try to constantly have something growing. Enough of the rambling, here’s a shot of my 8 site RDWC I had built and grew some dankkk Jack Herer in.. Any questions you may have fire away brotha, I may have to throw some back into your court at some point about growing in promix

Attachments

• 75FAA999-61DC-42E7-98F9-0B7A70107519.jpeg
    75FAA999-61DC-42E7-98F9-0B7A70107519.jpeg
    630.7 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom