Come on folks let's see your veg plants! Here's some for ya

Yeah, the wet towel can work, but you've got to do more than one and you have to keep rewetting them. Are you running a regular type exhaust fan? I've got hygrometers on my fans, so they'll only come on to exhaust excess moisture. You set it to an upper limit, humidity builds, fan kicks on, goes off when it drops back down. Like this: Amazon.com
4inch exhaust fan out same in . The towel brought it up to 60 exactly what I needed. Bro it’s in my bedroom and I’ve small babies n kids so I have to work around them. Just because I’m up at 4.30 they don’t need to be. I get it got to keep it clean and orderly . Working round kids , you get . Very grateful for your input keep it coming ok bro 😎

So many variables, without seeing what you're working with that's about all I got, stop pulling it all out of the room, or tent, lol. Are you working in a dry climate?
Bro I’m in the Uk 🇬🇧 we have heat, rain twice a hour every day . But this last week it’s been hot n dry . Thanks again for the towel info 😎

4inch exhaust fan out same in . The towel brought it up to 60 exactly what I needed. Bro it’s in my bedroom and I’ve small babies n kids so I have to work around them. Just because I’m up at 4.30 they don’t need to be. I get it got to keep it clean and orderly . Working round kids , you get . Very grateful for your input keep it coming ok bro 😎
Looking good so far, it's a labor of love. Maintaining that grow/life balance is a challenge for all of us. You're doing great! Every hurdle is another chance to grow. I had no idea the journey my garden would take me on over the years. Learned more about myself and the way the world works than I ever learned about plants! Take every day for what it is, and try to remember to do something, anything, every single day that will benefit you in the future. Setting yourself up for success is a skill I never really learned until I started learning how to be a better nurturer.

Oh, 1 more tip, mulch your soil. Read up on the benefits. Here's what I use:

Looking good so far, it's a labor of love. Maintaining that grow/life balance is a challenge for all of us. You're doing great! Every hurdle is another chance to grow. I had no idea the journey my garden would take me on over the years. Learned more about myself and the way the world works than I ever learned about plants! Take every day for what it is, and try to remember to do something, anything, every single day that will benefit you in the future. Setting yourself up for success is a skill I never really learned until I started learning how to be a better nurturer.

Bro stated in soil with them 2 but have switched to coco , perlite 70/30 , for the seedlings. Leaving the soil behind soon as they’re finished just gonna stay coco from now on. Do you use bat poo ? I’m telling you it’s a miracle maker. I make tea the night before then add my newts just before I feed I’ve been using it since I started feeding ,with the recommended amount of newts, they love had no problems at all. I think it really brought them on . It’s cheep and I highly recommend it. Mulch is that just to stop critters getting to the soil? You in USA?

You’re right about it been a labour of love and I’m head over heels. It’s the only thing I’ve found that keeps my bipolar in check, and I’ve tried everything. Shrooms , dmt , shit the medical profession keeps trying to force on me . But nothing has worked like living with my plants . I’ve fell for this game and it makes me feel awesome 😎

Ok, so we transplanted yesterday. Removed the plants from the Solo's and put them in 2 gallon 66% Coco/33% Perlite filled Smart pots. Ended up with one extra as a backup to the other 6.
The 6 I chose to transplant and put the Smart pots in the drain pots. These are the stands that was put in the drain pots to keep the plants out of the drain water and get them to the proper elevation with the top of the drain pots.
20230821_162632.jpg

20230821_163307.jpg

These are the 6 plants chosen for this grow.
20230828_111115.jpg

Plants transplanted and ready for the next 8 to 11 weeks. Good clean setup. The plant in the blue bucket is a backup if needed.
20230831_100106.jpg

The red hoses in the back is it irrigation lines, will; be hooking it up today but am still a few weeks until it will be needed. Hand watering for root establishment.
20230831_100423.jpg

Comments are welcome and post your ladies if you feel the need.

The mother!
20230831_100842.jpg

You can follow along if you wish, the thread is in my signature, GR's 6 Plant D/W Dos Si Dos Grow.

Bro if I send pic will you show me exactly where to cut to top . Because honestly it scares the shit out of me .

IMG_0691.jpeg

IMG_0690.jpeg

Point me in the direction of that kit for the fan . Got mine on timer . Is it pricey?

There's a link to a humidistat. Shop around.

IMG_0691~2.jpeg

As far as topping goes, grab the top, go down the main stem to the next node, clip off the top being careful to not damage the two branches growing from the node. Make sure to leave at least a few centimeters of a nub, don't cut it clean at the node. You can choose which node you want to cut at depending on what you are looking for in the end. Normally, topping would be done much earlier in veg, around week 3ish. Topping is just the beginning of low stress training. Bending and crushing branches to manipulate growth. A word of caution, from everything I've learned topping autos is unadvised. Nothing that will stunt growth. Usually only bending and training. Are you certain you've got autos there? One would think that by week 7 they'd be at least starting to bloom.

I am indeed from the US. Michigan to be precise.

Bro stated in soil with them 2 but have switched to coco , perlite 70/30 , for the seedlings. Leaving the soil behind soon as they’re finished just gonna stay coco from now on. Do you use bat poo ? I’m telling you it’s a miracle maker. I make tea the night before then add my newts just before I feed I’ve been using it since I started feeding ,with the recommended amount of newts, they love had no problems at all. I think it really brought them on . It’s cheep and I highly recommend it. Mulch is that just to stop critters getting to the soil? You in USA?
I don't use any guano, only poo I add is worm castings. I add a few more amendments to the organic mix I use that contains: Hydrolyzed Feather Meal, Pasteurized Poultry Manure, Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Greensand, Humates, Sulfate of Potash, and Sulfate of Potash Magnesia.

Once my soil (soilless medium to be more precise, peat moss, pro mix.) is all mixed and cooked, I don't ever "feed" my girls. Only aerated tap water. Nothing else. I don't even PH or test anything. Spoiled with good water. The initial amendments will give vigorous growth for around the first 30 - 45 days. Then it's just top dressing every 30 days til harvest. Generally once at flip and then again as she's finishing her stretch. And the reason I started this response, the mulch. We mulch for a few reasons. Moisture retention, we automatically add organic matter, we protect the top layer of the soil from the air and light, thereby allowing feeder roots to access the reservoir of food our topdressing has provided. By offering protection to the soil we also protect our microbial herd. If you allow your herd to thrive your plant will also. I've been working on a budget grow thread, I'll be sure to put a link to it in my signature so you can read through if you'd care to.

I don't use any guano, only poo I add is worm castings. I add a few more amendments to the organic mix I use that contains: Hydrolyzed Feather Meal, Pasteurized Poultry Manure, Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Greensand, Humates, Sulfate of Potash, and Sulfate of Potash Magnesia.

Once my soil (soilless medium to be more precise, peat moss, pro mix.) is all mixed and cooked, I don't ever "feed" my girls. Only aerated tap water. Nothing else. I don't even PH or test anything. Spoiled with good water. The initial amendments will give vigorous growth for around the first 30 - 45 days. Then it's just top dressing every 30 days til harvest. Generally once at flip and then again as she's finishing her stretch. And the reason I started this response, the mulch. We mulch for a few reasons. Moisture retention, we automatically add organic matter, we protect the top layer of the soil from the air and light, thereby allowing feeder roots to access the reservoir of food our topdressing has provided. By offering protection to the soil we also protect our microbial herd. If you allow your herd to thrive your plant will also. I've been working on a budget grow thread, I'll be sure to put a link to it in my signature so you can read through if you'd care to.
I bro I get it sounds great, hands of approach . I tried it with my autos but it was too much for them killed so many seedlings. Thinking about running photos after this run so I’ll take a good look at your program . Think that’s the way forward. Cheers 😎

I grew a run of autos years ago, with little success. I like running photos for the control of timing. I'm a little spoiled, I've got separate veg and flower rooms. So I'm always thinking ahead for the next flower cycle.
I, lm on that vibe soon as this run is over I’m going for photos . Time is your friend. Give me something to chew on 😎

There's a link to a humidistat. Shop around.

IMG_0691~2.jpeg

As far as topping goes, grab the top, go down the main stem to the next node, clip off the top being careful to not damage the two branches growing from the node. Make sure to leave at least a few centimeters of a nub, don't cut it clean at the node. You can choose which node you want to cut at depending on what you are looking for in the end. Normally, topping would be done much earlier in veg, around week 3ish. Topping is just the beginning of low stress training. Bending and crushing branches to manipulate growth. A word of caution, from everything I've learned topping autos is unadvised. Nothing that will stunt growth. Usually only bending and training. Are you certain you've got autos there? One would think that by week 7 they'd be at least starting to bloom.

I am indeed from the US. Michigan to be precise.
I had a good look yesterday and I have pistols now. What dose that mean ? I like what you have done. But think I’ll leave it till I am a bit more confident about doing something like that

What exactly did you do to it I don’t understand the picture. Talk me through it if you will.
I topped it and when the two lower branches were long enough I tied them down.

And continued to tie them down forcing them to grow horizontally. While they were doing that all the lower fan leaves also started to grow branches.

I'm far enough along I think I will let them all grow up now...

That stick in the middle is just to keep the stem straight, it had a bit of a crick going on...

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom