Crossing GSC Pheno With Unknown Male

Genetics are going to get tossed around a bit so stay tuned! I believe I made a journal way back when the dinosaurs roamed, but some things came up instead. It is time to make some dust fly tho so that I can formally call the pheno I've know as thors impression into something final to stick around in my garden. I only mentioned crossing GSC(girl scout cookies by @Weed Seeds Express ) with this unknown male but I'm planning to knock out a few birds with one stone this time around. I will be tossing some hydroponics into the mix along with mother bonsai GSC I've kept from a comparison grow recently. If she's able to stick around that long that is with out a proper root fixin! This journey will take a long while so get the popcorn ready it's about to be a very long show! I tend to not explain much in my actions when it comes to steps in my processes, but ask and ya shall receive in my opinion. Other then them fine details the show will begin once the flower tent is empty and ready to grow in! Here's a tease to get the discussion rolling untill then! Cheers stay green 420 fam!

20220131_111021.jpg

20220131_110748.jpg

Genetics are going to get tossed around a bit so stay tuned! I believe I made a journal way back when the dinosaurs roamed, but some things came up instead. It is time to make some dust fly tho so that I can formally call the pheno I've know as thors impression into something final to stick around in my garden. I only mentioned crossing GSC(girl scout cookies by @Weed Seeds Express ) with this unknown male but I'm planning to knock out a few birds with one stone this time around. I will be tossing some hydroponics into the mix along with mother bonsai GSC I've kept from a comparison grow recently. If she's able to stick around that long that is with out a proper root fixin! This journey will take a long while so get the popcorn ready it's about to be a very long show! I tend to not explain much in my actions when it comes to steps in my processes, but ask and ya shall receive in my opinion. Other then them fine details the show will begin once the flower tent is empty and ready to grow in! Here's a tease to get the discussion rolling untill then! Cheers stay green 420 fam!

20220131_111021.jpg

20220131_110748.jpg
Hey @Moto258 hope you are well my friend.
I see you have a new garden on the go. :woohoo:
Mind if I tag along and enjoy the action. :popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @Moto258 hope you are well my friend.
I see you have a new garden on the go. :woohoo:
Mind if I tag along and enjoy the action. :popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill
You bet ya can! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods my friend! I figured it was time to get the mind right since winter is my biggest downer of all. Stay green Bill!

WE HAVE AN UPDATE!! More of an idea rather than of an update really! I'm calling this dilemma the build back better attempt :laugh:..
I'm in the process of a long flowering strain currently resident in the flower tent that still has about a month to grow but come to find out mother bonsai GSC I had planned to cross with unknown male was getting some root rot behind my back! WELL the springtail population took over a little too much for my liking so to the chopper for this finer lady! I went ahead and took one cutting to toss in the hydro system so that I am still able to have an adult rated scene later on down the road when this male shows its true colors. So far, I have two female strains being tossed into the pollen once I've won the lottery finding a male from the two regular seeds I planted. I might speed up the process soon when the flower tent is open to see if we have a male or not.
Nutrients being used will be @Remo Nutrients for the hydro systems.
I will be growing from the chart provided by Remo all the way to harvest.

20220211_154918.jpg

1644707005593898619056321528490.jpg

Nice Moto, i will pop a seat if thats cool.
I might chunk some pollen if my Bodhi's field trip turns out male. Hit it with my clone original diesel haze.

Like the bonsai, really cool
I miss an old diesel! especially the one I can remember toking on about 15 years back. The aromas were so stank it was literally impossible to have it on you without being recognized :laugh:.Tag me along if you end up with a male I'd like to see the breeding go down! cheers GainesvilleGreen :passitleft:

Plant update!
The two unknowns are getting bigger! I've got 2 more weeks left before my flowering tent will be vacant! I've taken a few cuts off the GSC mom that was in the hydro tank in order to root them in time to catch up to the ones I'm hoping turn out male. If no male ill just keep on searching through the regular seeds I have at the moment. More to come soon until then I guess 2 weeks of nothing but :drool:! ( oh yeah I had to send a few to the chopper in order to have room for 3 more!)

20220227_194518.jpg

20220302_162421.jpg

Update!
Well, we have a female on one unknown but looks like sacs approaching on the last unknown plant in the garden! I won't get to ahead of myself though because it doesn't look very promising, I might add! (Hint pic is the female!)

20220307_184728.jpg

Well, the 1 2 count didn't work out so well in the male search so I guess back to popping more seeds but this time ill toss a few more regular seeds in to germ so theirs more chances for some show down the road. Wont give up the search though!! Also wanted to give a shout out to @GeoFlora Nutrients and @Remo Nutrients for making this garden work like a flawless jet engine! Never get a deficiency anymore and that says something! But at least until I have room for more in the veg tent ill throw the new hydro system up to show in the flower tent getting ready for the switch to bloom to keep this journey flowing until then! The cool experiment here will be that I had to use fox farm nutes for a couple nutrient shifts because their were some hydro stores with empty shelves so I had to get stuff in a pinch! BUTTT @420 Magazine has some great sponsors ill always continue to use so lets watch some magic take place when I switch them back to Remo here very shortly! But until then stay green 420 fam! :headbanger::420:

20220331_192032.jpg

20220331_192024.jpg

Flower day #1 in the books!
tonight, I will be switching from the veg nutrients with a system flush and onto the bloom nutrients.
Nothing else going on other than moving branches threw the first trellis layer to fill all the squares.:blunt:

20220407_081709.jpg

20220407_081644.jpg

20220407_081605.jpg

Welp happy Easter 420 family! Here's some morning shots of the flower situation going on in the recirculating system I'm not sure weather to call it hydro or deep water culture but either way the roots stay emerged so its a water sport I guess ya can say! The gals are on the right path so far! I think I spoke too soon on the male search because I believe I have some balls forming on this Jane plant that I was thinking was female. Have not seen hairs yet just signs of male parts so cross the fingers this show will be interesting here shortly! Until then cheers :yummy: (hint the close up pic is the male!)

20220417_085300.jpg

20220417_085231.jpg

20220417_085222.jpg

Screenshot_20220417-090754_Gallery.jpg

Looking great bro. That last pic looks like a dude to me.
Ive been running reg seeds last couple of grows looking for a dude and only came across one but he was a runt with flimsy branching, so toss him out.
I have a 2x2 just to flower out dudes, if one shows nice signs i will flower him out separately. But i only have two keeper females, once i find 2 more keepers i should be able to chuck some pollen soon.

Are u going to flower a male out for pollen still?

Looking great bro. That last pic looks like a dude to me.
Ive been running reg seeds last couple of grows looking for a dude and only came across one but he was a runt with flimsy branching, so toss him out.
I have a 2x2 just to flower out dudes, if one shows nice signs i will flower him out separately. But i only have two keeper females, once i find 2 more keepers i should be able to chuck some pollen soon.

Are u going to flower a male out for pollen still?
Thanks brotha! :passitleft:
I'm still kind of debating weather or not to flower this guy out because I'm not really noticing anything too special about it so far! The structure on him seems to be alright but I plan to transplant here soon with em so I can see if maybe he has some more characteristics since he's been In a quarter gallon pot for about 2 months now:rofl:
I do plan to flower him out though because I'm currently in flower with one of the regular seeds that came out female from the same batch but still kinda waiting to see what's to become of her. They are supposed to be great genetics so time will tell soon if I decide to chuck his pollen towards the thors impression mom I plan to cross. I'll toss some pics up of his transplant when I toss some dirt around.

Happy moms day to all ya mothers out in the world!:woohoo:
Here's the most recent update on the crazy situation I got going on at the moment!
Day 32 for the flowering ones resident to the 4x4 tent.
Day number forgotten for this fella I'm planning to collect pollen from! :sorry:
Until then that's all I've got to show till it is time to take cuts from the male and start the process of crossing the genetics I want to cross. :lot-o-toke:

20220508_124849.jpg

20220508_125010.jpg

20220508_124951.jpg

Screenshot_20220508-132438_Gallery.jpg

Well, I ended up sending good buddy to the chopper since I needed to lower the plant count for this DynoMyco competition! BUT! I did get his pollen so that I could continue this show.
The bonsai is the Girl Scout Cookies mom that will be getting the pollen here shortly. This is about all the news I have so far on the situation.:ganjamon:

20220512_195343.jpg

20220512_195602.jpg

Happy moms day to all ya mothers out in the world!:woohoo:
Here's the most recent update on the crazy situation I got going on at the moment!
Day 32 for the flowering ones resident to the 4x4 tent.
Day number forgotten for this fella I'm planning to collect pollen from! :sorry:
Until then that's all I've got to show till it is time to take cuts from the male and start the process of crossing the genetics I want to cross. :lot-o-toke:

20220508_124849.jpg

20220508_125010.jpg

20220508_124951.jpg

Screenshot_20220508-132438_Gallery.jpg
Great strong branching brother..hes looking pretty solid.(last pic)
I thought about you bro because i just tossed out my male GDP. He was too short but a stinky fucker.
My future plans are to flower out all my males in my 2x2. (Just one male at a time)
If he trichs out and stinky, going to throw some pollen for f1s.
Just ordered Bodhi's lemon thai x Old mother ghani. Should get a good dude out the pack to dust some selected females.
I dont give a shit about selling them, just want to create my little assortment..
Cheers Brother, everything looks great

Great strong branching brother..hes looking pretty solid.(last pic)
I thought about you bro because i just tossed out my male GDP. He was too short but a stinky fucker.
My future plans are to flower out all my males in my 2x2. (Just one male at a time)
If he trichs out and stinky, going to throw some pollen for f1s.
Just ordered Bodhi's lemon thai x Old mother ghani. Should get a good dude out the pack to dust some selected females.
I dont give a shit about selling them, just want to create my little assortment..
Cheers Brother, everything looks great
Thanks brother! I'm going to look at ordering some blue dream. I think since growing out girl scout cookies I'm hooked on other reputable genetics that are out their! These are two totally different strains so I'm shooting for f1s but I'm not 100% if this male is sativa or indica but most stuff I've been growing has been a hybrid so it's hard to tell without proper testing. I'm with ya my friend no need to sell the seeds and it's pretty cool to also know when your the only one in town with something no one else has :cool: cheers my friend!

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom