JE3Z's 2016 - Lemon Ammo - GSC & K2

Hey. How's it going. They seem to be looking good. Did you get another of the same mars hydro light? I'm loving mine but it's only the 96 reflector. Did you figure out what was up with the leaves?

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Re: JE3Z's 2016 - Lemon Ammo - GSC & K2

Yeah I got another of the old 300w series, wanted to get a reflector but it didn't fit in with this month's budgeting. The ammo lemons fine so is the gsc, the K2 however looks pretty fucked up, it's really pale and even the top leaves are showing signs of either burn or deficiency. Haven't run into a issue this bad it may be down to not getting enough light as well. Some updated photos .
Amnesia lemon
420-magazine-mobile641037325.jpg
420-magazine-mobile759329040.jpg
420-magazine-mobile306130788.jpg

Girl scout cookies
420-magazine-mobile689378972.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1928213715.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1186449018.jpg

K2
420-magazine-mobile834023630.jpg
420-magazine-mobile268095857.jpg
420-magazine-mobile403858734.jpg

420-magazine-mobile278122610.jpg

Not sure but possibly zinc deficiency. But that's me just looking at photos of deficiency problems. The girl scout cookies looks yummy.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Lights definitely made a difference , on some of the leaves I keep finding little white / translucent spots spread about I species the leaves with a jewellers loupe and couldn't see any eggs or pests

Glad everything is going good and extra light is helping out. Not sure about the translucent things but if no critters are seen/around should be good.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Update time.
Managed to stem the aphid war for the tine being , haven't noticed much more damage and girls are starting to perk up more. Had to get rid of the third as it was just too far gone , hadn't started flowering and December is my deadline unfortunately. Rip K2 YOU WILL BE MISSED.

Girl scout cookies
420-magazine-mobile244930862.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1129606522.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1167963990.jpg

Amnesia lemon
420-magazine-mobile1329292413.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1597486363.jpg
420-magazine-mobile668951779.jpg
420-magazine-mobile422889380.jpg

Few higher leaves on the ammo are getting a wee bit rusty looking but should be sorting itself out by now.

hi
they look ok to me, except the deficiency/bug ones. Scrape in the soil a bit and see if something crawls(small ones)
I have a good thread in my signature..pests and problems. :Namaste:

Thanks angry bird I appreciate the thought, will stop by and have a gander it's the first time out of 4 grows that I've had to deal with them. Shouldn't have chosen a steel cupboard!

Banana peel needs to be dried ( you can do that in the oven until they are black..let them cool off and dry a bit) and then just stick them in a blender.
When dried they have about 49 % of K in them and a little N and P

Top leaves either got badly burnt or there is a deficiency going on. Have flushed with 3 litres of water and will have to cross my fingers. I'm guessing there was a build up of salts which effected the nutrient uptake. Or it's a big phosphorus /potassium deficiency possibly?
420-magazine-mobile1117650945.jpg
420-magazine-mobile127138625.jpg
420-magazine-mobile10552834.jpg

Top leaves either got badly burnt or there is a deficiency going on. Have flushed with 3 litres of water and will have to cross my fingers. I'm guessing there was a build up of salts which effected the nutrient uptake. Or it's a big phosphorus /potassium deficiency possibly?
420-magazine-mobile1117650945.jpg
420-magazine-mobile127138625.jpg
420-magazine-mobile10552834.jpg

Think it looks like potassium from looking around. I'm not sure since I'm new, but looks like it.
420-magazine-mobile126827094.jpg

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Did a fair bit of trimming yesterday, watered both with 2ml of bio bloom, topmax and cal mag. Will keep a close eye on the new growth. Hit the 5 week mark yesterday!

I have not used your soil or nutes, and I do not have experience with pests, but it looks like nute burn to me.

The only thing that jumps out to me is that you are using bottled water.

Are you strictly using bottled water? I'm sure that adds some expense. Why not tap with a ph adjuster?

Also, you say the bottled water is 6.5 ph. Are you adding nutes and then watering without checking the ph a second time?

6.5 is a great PH, but after nutes have been added, it goes way down...

Also, and this goes back to watering with 1 liter bottles, they may need more water to fully wet the soil and force out some of the salts. A lot of people say they do 2x the pot size in water. I never do anything like that. But 2+ gallons of water for a 7 gal pot, sure. So if you have a 3 gallon pot, water with at least a gallon of water... Sorry for the US measurements.

So possibly more water on watering days, and no nutes for a while.

Its also possible its a deficiency and you have not been adding enough nutes, but since I am not there, I can't know for sure. You will have to analyze your use of nutes. If they are really concentrated, 2 - 3 ml in a liter is a lot! I only use like 5 ml in a 5 gal bucket! But I have organic soil that basically self feeds anyways... I use Fox Farm stuff, so the concentrations may be very different.

Re: JE3Z's 2016 - Lemon Ammo - GSC & K2

I see the Bio Bloom nutes online. Is that your main source of nutrition? Those seem incredibly mild. Made for a hydro system....

I was thinking N burn, but that can't be with those nutes.

Nute lock out?
Yeah those are the only nutes I use with feeding. They've done by me alright in the past , I've been using only bottled water as the water is horrific round here. Going to see how she fairs over the next couple days . The line between deficiency and too much is so fine unfortunately. But due to the nutes being organic I really doubt I've burnt it.

Back
Top Bottom