Dark Devil, Purple Lemonade & Zkittles Autos

@MrSauga at least the first to let it be known! :Rasta: Can you imagine my inbox if I won?

I'd hope they would be congratulatory messages, not folks looking for a handout.

I think if it were a large enough prize I think that I'd contribute to the magazine, and establish 'of the Year' prizes for 2020.

I'd hope they would be congratulatory messages, not folks looking for a handout.

I think if it were a large enough prize I think that I'd contribute to the magazine, and establish 'of the Year' prizes for 2020.
Great idea, @Old Salt ! I would need to be the only person with a vote, however. And I'd need to sample each entry to ensure a fair and impartial process. :Rasta:

Hello growers!

The girls are looking happy. The baby Chocolate Skunk has grown to the point where I could turn my lights on full power. I'm hoping things really take off now!

Big Light.JPG

I have one of those red lights meant to aid in blooming, but with this super light I won't have to "put on the red light."

Later!

Hello growers!

I'm sitting here this morning, enjoying an early-morning rain shower and, as always, thinking of simple ways to help my plants thrive.

I have a very simple question that I hope one of the soil growers can chime in on.

Will topping my pots with fresh soil boost their spirits?

I've always done this with my decorative house plants. When they start looking funky and growth stagnates, but they don't yet need repotting, I put fresh soil on top of the existing soil and, after watering, the plants perk right up and start growing again.

Would a weed plant respond the same way? I have seen some growers experience weeds roots trying to grow up and out of the soil, so I'm thinking I can expand my root ball by putting more soil on the plant.

Someone please tell me if this idea sounds like a waste of soil.

Thanks in advance!

Hello growers!

I'm sitting here this morning, enjoying an early-morning rain shower and, as always, thinking of simple ways to help my plants thrive.

I have a very simple question that I hope one of the soil growers can chime in on.

Will topping my pots with fresh soil boost their spirits?

I've always done this with my decorative house plants. When they start looking funky and growth stagnates, but they don't yet need repotting, I put fresh soil on top of the existing soil and, after watering, the plants perk right up and start growing again.

Would a weed plant respond the same way? I have seen some growers experience weeds roots trying to grow up and out of the soil, so I'm thinking I can expand my root ball by putting more soil on the plant.

Someone please tell me if this idea sounds like a waste of soil.

Thanks in advance!

Good question and Im curious to find out what people think about this. Unless your topping with some supersoil i dont think if itll make a huge difference as we are already putting nutrients in our feed, however i may be wrong. I top with soil only when i notice the existing soil has settled or if i see roots popping and being exposed to the environment.

When I was growing fuchsias for sale, I did this at least twice per plant. Three things happen:
Nutrients from the top layer are washed down into the original soil;
Existing roots will grow up into the new soil; and
If you bury a node, new lateral roots will grow from it.

This was usually done with clones at an early stage. For mature plants I'd trim the entire root ball and surround it with new soil. This was usually after a year or two, so it does not apply to cannabis.

Hello growers.

Been a little under the weather lately (actually still am). There's a nasty bug going around that leaves you gasping for air, coughing, pooping and cold-sweating. I think I'll call it the Old Milwaukee Virus. This thing is so bad that I haven't wanted to smoke anything for about 8 days. But enough about my problem.

2/8

Watered the Dark Devil(D33) to runoff. She took 2.5 liters in her 5 gallon pot. MC was lowered from 3.5 to 3. She is showing signs of nutrient overload as there is the slightest, tiny brown at the tip of each (and I mean "each") leaf. You can barely see them in this pic, so I caught it early.

P1020807.JPG

2/9

Watered Purple Lemonade(D34) until runoff. She took 2.5 liters of MC 3.5 in her 3 gallon pot.
This plant is one thirsty girl!

I'm not going to say much about the Zkit. Poor thing is pretty much an observer to the growth that's exploding around her. She, for the most part, is unable to join in the party. At day 46, she's the oldest plant in the group and the shortest.

Last, the Chocolate Skunk(D18) is doing well and with the half sets of fan leaves on top from being fimmed, she's pretty. She's still on MC@ 2 grams per gal.

Chocolate Skunk (day 18)

P1020809 (2).JPG

P1020810.JPG

Later!

Hello growers.

Been a little under the weather lately (actually still am). There's a nasty bug going around that leaves you gasping for air, coughing, pooping and cold-sweating. I think I'll call it the Old Milwaukee Virus. This thing is so bad that I haven't wanted to smoke anything for about 8 days. But enough about my problem.

2/8

Watered the Dark Devil(D33) to runoff. She took 2.5 liters in her 5 gallon pot. MC was lowered from 3.5 to 3. She is showing signs of nutrient overload as there is the slightest, tiny brown at the tip of each (and I mean "each") leaf. You can barely see them in this pic, so I caught it early.

P1020807.JPG

2/9

Watered Purple Lemonade(D34) until runoff. She took 2.5 liters of MC 3.5 in her 3 gallon pot.
This plant is one thirsty girl!

I'm not going to say much about the Zkit. Poor thing is pretty much an observer to the growth that's exploding around her. She, for the most part, is unable to join in the party. At day 46, she's the oldest plant in the group and the shortest.

Last, the Chocolate Skunk(D18) is doing well and with the half sets of fan leaves on top from being fimmed, she's pretty. She's still on MC@ 2 grams per gal.

Chocolate Skunk (day 18)

P1020809 (2).JPG

P1020810.JPG

Later!

Sounds like coronavirus...:nervous-guy:
Jk...im sure its not, hope you get through it quickly.

Are you going to do LST?

Sounds like coronavirus...:nervous-guy:
Jk...im sure its not, hope you get through it quickly.

Are you going to do LST?
LST will depend on the plant. At the very least, I will be spreading out in a scrog net. I might try to do more to a plant if it acts cooperative.

Back
Top Bottom