Dark Devil, Purple Lemonade & Zkittles Autos

Hello growers!

1/18 (Day 8)

Topped Purple Lemonade with 1 liter of water at 2 grams per gallon MC. It looked thirsty today despite
being watered to runoff two days ago. Leaves were drooping and the top layers if soil were quite dry.
Based on weight of the pot I believe it was still wet at the bottom, so I topped.

1/19 (Day 9)

Purple Lemonade perked up and looking happy again after being topped.

1/20 (Day 10)

Topped Dark Devil with 1 liter of water at 2 grams of MC per gallon.

Topped Zkittles (Day 30) with 1 liter water. I used the MC at 4 grams again as the plant showed
no adverse effects from the previous use of that dosage.

I've got a newborn! And what can compare to the feeling of becoming a proud papa! :Rasta:

Chocolate Skunk (Day 0) made her first appearance! She was germinated and buried in soil 4 days ago. I saw the bashful girl barely break the surface last night. And this morning she looked up at me for the first time! She is a cute little, itty-bitty baby. I think this is the smallest baby I've ever photographed.

I love them when they're this small. But, of course, I hope it doesn't last long!

Three pics might be overkill, but as I said, I'm a proud papa!

Chocolate Skunk D1a.JPG

Chocolate Skunk D1b.JPG

Chocolate Skunk D1c.JPG

Four plants, four strains is a jump for me. I need to remember to treat these girls as individuals because I
suspect they will all over the place as far as their preferences.

I'm s(toked)! :Rasta:

Later!

Plants are doing well :)

When do you anticipate you will be watering again next from your last watering till runoff last friday
Plants are doing well
When do you anticipate you will be watering again next from your last watering till runoff last friday
I just posted an update on what I've been doing. I will not be watering to runoff until at least this Thursday or Friday (or even Saturday). I'm not certain and don't believe there's a way I can be. I'm going to let the plants and the pot weights guide me. I am determined to keep my instincts out of the equation when it comes to watering. Since I'm growing multiple strains, I will save my instincts for when to increase MC dosage and by how much for each strain. (And that's a scary thought!)

I just posted an update on what I've been doing. I will not be watering to runoff until at least this Thursday or Friday (or even Saturday). I'm not certain and don't believe there's a way I can be. I'm going to let the plants and the pot weights guide me. I am determined to keep my instincts out of the equation when it comes to watering. Since I'm growing multiple strains, I will save my instincts for when to increase MC dosage and by how much for each strain. (And that's a scary thought!)

Im keeping close monitor of your dark dark angel as you fed to runoff friday and then topped today with 1 litre of water. Was the pot quite light when you topped with 1 litre or still heavy from last watering? Asking because i watered 1 litre wednesday then topped sat 200ml because pot still seemed heavy so i can imagine your pot was quite heavy when you topped with 1 litre.

And congrats on the newborn! Always exciting times :yahoo:

Im keeping close monitor of your dark dark angel as you fed to runoff friday and then topped today with 1 litre of water. Was the pot quite light when you topped with 1 litre or still heavy from last watering? Asking because i watered 1 litre wednesday then topped sat 200ml because pot still seemed heavy so i can imagine your pot was quite heavy when you topped with 1 litre.

And congrats on the newborn! Always exciting times :yahoo:
@780grow , when topped the Dark Devil the pot was I'll say, getting lighter, but not as light as it could get. And the top layers were quite dry.

I'm a little confused by what you said: "Asking because i watered 1 litre wednesday then topped sat 200ml because pot still seemed heavy." If you watered with a liter on Wednesday (and I assume that watering made the pot heavy, since you say that when you topped 3 days later it "still seemed heavy") then it sounds like you are giving it too much water. When does it get to almost dry out?

You top to supplement the top layer of your medium, not to soak the plant. I hope someone else chimes in about this.

What i meant was i watered 1 litre wednesday then topped saturday with 200ml water, however pot was still heavy when i topped. So i wanted to see if yours was heavy as well(and you said yes but not as heavy as before).
Just comparing for learning purposes :) and to understand reasoning

@780grow , when topped the Dark Devil the pot was I'll say, getting lighter, but not as light as it could get. And the top layers were quite dry.

I'm a little confused by what you said: "Asking because i watered 1 litre wednesday then topped sat 200ml because pot still seemed heavy." If you watered with a liter on Wednesday (and I assume that watering made the pot heavy, since you say that when you topped 3 days later it "still seemed heavy") then it sounds like you are giving it too much water. When does it get to almost dry out?

You top to supplement the top layer of your medium, not to soak the plant. I hope someone else chimes in about this.
@780grow , please disregard my previous comments (well not totally). I read 200ml as 200 liters and it really freaked me out! I thought you were drowning the girls! o_O 200ml sounds as if you are more on point.

I've got three air circulation fans over my plants and the intake fan blowing on the pot area, so I expect rapid drying, especially on the top layer.

I always lift my pots to try and figure out what's going on. And, I've been lucky when it comes to the Dark Devil because it's in a 5 gallon pot like my Chocolate Skunk seed. It was easy to compare the weight of the (Skunk) pot with soil/moisture vs. the one with just mostly soil.

@780grow , please disregard my previous comments (well not totally). I read 200ml as 200 liters and it really freaked me out! I thought you were drowning the girls! o_O 200ml sounds as if you are more on point.

I've got three air circulation fans over my plants and the intake fan blowing on the pot area, so I expect rapid drying, especially on the top layer.

I always lift my pots to try and figure out what's going on. And, I've been lucky when it comes to the Dark Devil because it's in a 5 gallon pot like my Chocolate Skunk seed. It was easy to compare the weight of the (Skunk) pot with soil/moisture vs. the one with just mostly soil.

I guess different environment calls for different watering schedules too. Thanks for clarifying! Im dying to give a good watering but holding off till its real dry so they can chase that h2o

I guess different environment calls for different watering schedules too. Thanks for clarifying! Im dying to give a good watering but holding off till its real dry so they can chase that h2o
Sounds good, @780grow ! I'm glad to see @InTheShed providing input. He has never steered me wrong. I think with the help of some of 420's premier growers, you and I will get through this grow like champs! :Rasta:

Hello, growers! I have decided not to be concerned about posting too often. After all, no one has to read my every post!

I finally got a little stretch "up" from the Zkittles. Not a lot, but enough to make me wish I had put it in a 5 gal pot instead of a 3 gal. What's done is done, and I'm not going to repot it. From a less than stellar beginning, she looks feisty, now. When she gets a tad bit taller, I going to bend her over and pin her down over that open space in the pot. Because she's been so short for so long, I will not top her.

Pics:

Zkittles posing
Zittles D31a.JPG

Zkittles enjoying an airing of "Big Trouble In Little China."
Zkittles D31b.JPG

The Dark Devil is stretching up, too. She will get topped at some point.

Dark Devil D11.JPG

Purple Lemonade, neither impressing nor disappointing.

Purple Lemonade D11.JPG

The Group: Zkittles left rear, Dark Devil right rear, Purple Lemonade front left and the Chocolate Skunk newborn.

Group Jan 21.JPG

If these plants grow "on schedule" and successfully, then I will get a nice harvest schedule that will include a few breaks. That makes my lazy ass happy. :Rasta: I never again want to have to trim 4 plants at roughly the same time!

Later!

Hello, growers! I have decided not to be concerned about posting too often. After all, no one has to read my every post!

I finally got a little stretch "up" from the Zkittles. Not a lot, but enough to make me wish I had put it in a 5 gal pot instead of a 3 gal. What's done is done, and I'm not going to repot it. From a less than stellar beginning, she looks feisty, now. When she gets a tad bit taller, I going to bend her over and pin her down over that open space in the pot. Because she's been so short for so long, I will not top her.

Pics:

Zkittles posing
Zittles D31a.JPG

Zkittles enjoying an airing of "Big Trouble In Little China."
Zkittles D31b.JPG

The Dark Devil is stretching up, too. She will get topped at some point.

Dark Devil D11.JPG

Purple Lemonade, neither impressing nor disappointing.

Purple Lemonade D11.JPG

The Group: Zkittles left rear, Dark Devil right rear, Purple Lemonade front left and the Chocolate Skunk newborn.

If these plants grow "on schedule" and successfully, then I will get a nice harvest schedule that will include a few breaks. That makes my lazy ass happy. :Rasta: I never again want to have to trim 4 plants at roughly the same time!

Later!

Hello Grand Daddy Black your crop is off to great beginning.
Happy Growing.:thumb:

1/22 (Day 12)

Watered P Lemonade to runoff. She took 1.5 liters in 3 gallon pot.

Dampened circle around the Chocolate Skunk with about 100ml of water with MC
at 2 grams per gallon.

Tried to bend (LST) the Zkittles and broke the top 2 nodes off the plant. I butchered the
poor thing. I'm going to let her continue to grow, but I know her yield has been severely
compromised. I think I'll refer to her from here on as the Zkit.

I dropped an Afghan Mass in water today. If she sprouts, she'll get the Zkits place on the palette, and the Zkit will be moved to a corner of the tent.

I'm not gonna beat myself up about this, but try to learn from it. ;)

1/23 (Day 13)

Watered Dark Devil to runoff. She took 2.5 liters in 5 gallon pot.

Watered the Zkit (Day 35) to runoff. She took 1.5 liters in 3 gallon pot.

Back
Top Bottom