Dark Devil, Purple Lemonade & Zkittles Autos

Interesting, @InTheShed . I might try some on the lawn this spring. Guess I'll have to find a new Forum to join for help with that! :Rasta:

Question:

I've been reading about cob curing and it sounds promising. Anyone ever tried it? How did you like it?

I've got a food saver machine and some bags in my cart and just wondering if I should pull the trigger.

Question:

I've been reading about cob curing and it sounds promising. Anyone ever tried it? How did you like it?

I've got a food saver machine and some bags in my cart and just wondering if I should pull the trigger.

I've smoked some that @SweetSue cured. It's like smoking air it is so smooth. Will be doing some of my own next time I have a large harvest.

Everything you wanted to know about cobbing...ask questions here!

I've done the reading @InTheShed . I'm looking for smoke reports from folks that I've become familiar with!

I've smoked some that @SweetSue cured. It's like smoking air it is so smooth. Will be doing some of my own next time I have a large harvest.
Thanks for that @Rifleman ! Was the effect as awesome as some of the stuff I've read?

I've decided I'm going to pull the trigger on the food saver and bags either way. I looked at the condition of some of the stuff in my freezer and decided I need one for --of all things -- saving food! The ability to cob will be icing on the cake.

Hello, growers. I hope everyone is having a great day!

My germinating Chocolate Skunk seed developed a nice tap root overnight, so she's going directly into 5 gallons of soil/coco today. Looks like I may have 4 plants in this grow, which is what I was hoping for.

In another major development, this low-tech grower was getting tired of the hassle of trying to properly water these tiny plants so he (I) invested in some high-tech equipment. It's a one liter, transparent watering thingy with a small spout! It even has a gauge on one side delineating the 100 mm points! Here's a pic:

new watering jug.jpg

See, I'm learning how to stay on the cutting edge of technological advancement.

I'm sure many of you are now the same shade of envious green as my new thingy! :Rasta:

Later!

So I'm really trying to resist my natural urge to over-post during this journal, but I am weak. Also, I beginning to think that using Mega Crop (MC) may not give me many opportunities to post because there should be far fewer "issues" cropping up during the grow.

That having been said:

I watered the Dark Devil (day 8) until runoff today. Based on the weight of the pot, I believe she was nearly dry. I gave her 3/4 gallons of water with MC at 2 grams per gallon.

The Zkittles is now at 28 days. I doubled her MC dose to 4 grams per gallon and watered until runoff. She also took 3/4 gallons of water. I hope I didn't up it too quickly. After I watered it I thought, "hmm, maybe I should have just upped it to 3 grams per gallon for a while before jumping to 4." (And that's my problem. My body operates at regular speed, while my brain runs on slo-mo. :Rasta:)

So do any of you MC users have thoughts on what I did and whether I should do it differently the next time I'm ready to increase the dosage on a plant?

I dampened the soil on the buried Chocolate Skunk seed. She's still keeping to herself.

The plants look happy but so small. I used to hydro grows where plants start and grow incredibly fast. I know soil takes a bit longer, but I've seen seedlings in other journals that were started in soil and grew fast and furious, like the latest @Emilya journal. (I know I'm not in the same class as Emilya, but I can't help but to shoot for the same great results that I see achieved by the many premier growers on this site.)

I just need to stop fretting over size. It causes the brain to jump into fast-forward mode, and that can be way more dangerous than slo-mo! :Rasta:

Pics:

Purple Lemonade (D8)
Purple Lemonade D8.JPG

Dark Devil (D8)
Dark Devil D8.JPG

Zkittles (D28)
Zkiitles D28.JPG

Group
Group 1-17-20.JPG

And, by the way, my high-tech watering thingy works like a charm!

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Later!

So do any of you MC users have thoughts on what I did and whether I should do it differently the next time I'm ready to increase the dosage on a plant?
Typically you'd go 1/2g to 1g increments. A two gram jump on a young plant could be a little too much but for the most part the plant will handle it OK.

Typically you'd go 1/2g to 1g increments. A two gram jump on a young plant could be a little too much but for the most part the plant will handle it OK.
Thanks, @MrSauga . Should I step it back down the next time I water?

Count me in! Looking forward to what you produce. I'm currently working on a lambs breath auto with MC as well, day 11. Biggest feed yet was 1 litre at 2gm/gallon 2 days ago. Your 2 on day 8 is looking mighty healthy with fast growth!
I see your dark devil was fed till runoff at day 8, was this your first feeding to runoff? I'm hesitant to put more than a 1 litre based on where my plant is at.20200117_070743.jpg

Count me in! Looking forward to what you produce. I'm currently working on a lambs breath auto with MC as well, day 11. Biggest feed yet was 1 litre at 2gm/gallon 2 days ago. Your 2 on day 8 is looking mighty healthy with fast growth!
I see your dark devil was fed till runoff at day 8, was this your first feeding to runoff? I'm hesitant to put more than a 1 litre based on where my plant is at.20200117_070743.jpg
Welcome, @780grow ! Do you have a journal going? What grow medium are you using? What size pots? I'd love to follow someone who is growing an auto that's about the same age as mine. Your baby looks nice, too!

Yes, this was my first time watering until runoff.

Welcome, @780grow ! Do you have a journal going? What grow medium are you using? What size pots? I'd love to follow someone who is growing an auto that's about the same age as mine. Your baby looks nice, too!

Yes, this was my first time watering until runoff.

I'm the same! I love following the members on the forum who are near the same age as mine! Give me a baseline to compare to make sure I'm doing right by my girls! I'll be popping by when you have updates so dont be shy about posting! Lol

I'm in 3 gallon fabric pot with promix hp and 30% perlite

I got 1 lambs breath journal in my signature.

I'm the same! I love following the members on the forum who are near the same age as mine! Give me a baseline to compare to make sure I'm doing right by my girls! I'll be popping by when you have updates so dont be shy about posting! Lol

I'm in 3 gallon fabric pot with promix hp and 30% perlite

I got 1 lambs breath journal in my signature.
Guess I shoulda' noticed the link in your signature. I visited and zipped through the whole thing, so I am up to date on your grow. I'll be following along. This will be fun and, hopefully, informative.

Great that you and the beau are going to Japan! Has me thinking about a trip...to the Japanese Steak House. :Rasta:

Guess I shoulda' noticed the link in your signature. I visited and zipped through the whole thing, so I am up to date on your grow. I'll be following along. This will be fun and, hopefully, informative.

Great that you and the beau are going to Japan! Has me thinking about a trip...to the Japanese Steak House. :Rasta:

Hope you satisfied your cravings to a japanese restaurant! If you did i hope you got extra sesame sauce!

Hope your little ones are doing well!
Happy monday

Hope you satisfied your cravings to a japanese restaurant! If you did i hope you got extra sesame sauce!

Hope your little ones are doing well!
Happy monday
Happy Monday to you, too, @780grow ! My little babies are doing well. Hope yours are thriving.

Back
Top Bottom