Dark Devil, Purple Lemonade & Zkittles Autos

Nice little plant @MsBean7175 . I personally would not recommend up potting an auto after 3 months. Heck, most autos will be nearly done by that time. I've never up potted one. Also, there is some debate as to whether transplanting autos is a good thing to do. They mature fast and then they are done. Any major stress (like the shock that transplanting might cause) leaves little time for them to recover, but they still will stop growing after a certain period has lapsed. I put my little babies in their final resting place from the outset. I'm lazy too, so this works for me!

A recent Alaskan purple:

P1020599.JPG

Sorry about that Black I space out. That's good to know, about up potting. Have you grow in FFOF before? I wonder what MC would do if watered from the start of life.:morenutes:

Sorry about that Black I space out. That's good to know, about up potting. Have you grow in FFOF before? I wonder what MC would do if watered from the start of life.:morenutes:
@MsBean7175 , see Emilya's post on this thread from earlier today. This is my first time using FFOF and Mega Crop. Most of my previous grows have been DWC. I'm in learning mode now, and I that's where I like to be. Love learning new stuff! :Rasta:

aminochelated....I had to get on me bike and have a pedal around a bit. Found myself in this street:

Anyone...
That is a great article that explains the major concepts behind MegaCrop, thank you. What was that stat, 140% increase in size using these nutes? Wow.

you only need to look at my current journal to see the results of MC in a 50% FFOF soil grow from the time the seedlings are established.

you only need to look at my current journal to see the results of MC in a 50% FFOF soil grow from the time the seedlings are established.

Thanks Emily, I'll be reading your journal, it's going to be a nice read. See ya later.

I am not expert @MsBean7175 , but I know that most autos are short and squat by nature. I grow mine in 5 gallon pots and they seldom reach 3 feet in height. So I would say, no, an auto will not get very tall in a 3 gallon pot. Hopefully, I'll be corrected by one of the experts if I'm wrong about this, but I don't think I am.

Happy growing!

I'm mostly a dwc grower and have had autos 56" before running out of room and supercropping the tops. It all depends on strain and how good your environment is. :passitleft:

I'm mostly a dwc grower and have had autos 56" before running out of room and supercropping the tops. It all depends on strain and how good your environment is. :passitleft:
See @MsBean7175 , I predicted that one of the more knowledgeable growers would correct me if my answer to you was incorrect! I like to try and answer folks questions when I think I can, but that's why I qualify my answers. What @Rifleman did not say, however, is whether he achieved that height in a 3-gallon pot, which was your original question. What say you, @Rifleman ?

See @MsBean7175 , I predicted that one of the more knowledgeable growers would correct me if my answer to you was incorrect! I like to try and answer folks questions when I think I can, but that's why I qualify my answers. What @Rifleman did not say, however, is whether he achieved that height in a 3-gallon pot, which was your original question. What say you, @Rifleman ?

Five gallon bucket dwc using 4 gallons of nutrient mix.

Let me just throw this out there...
While it is true that FFOF is such a good soil that it can provide most of the needs of our vegging plants, at least for the first 5 weeks, that doesn't mean that you can not give them a boost by using a good fertilizer before they flat out run out of nutrients in the soil. This should not be a game of barely surviving, if your intent is to grow the biggest and baddest plants that you are capable of. Don't be afraid of adding a fertilizer early on, if you have the lights and air movement to support the additional growth, especially if you are using a new aminochelated nutrient such as MegaCrop that lets the plant take up only what it needs. As long as you don't overload the soil with excess nutrient, and you can avoid that by using the application guidelines, it is perfectly ok to start giving nutes, even in a good soil, from the very point that the roots establish themselves in their first starter cup.

:thanks: Emilya, I have been wonder that right along my grows. So, yes, now, I will feed early.

By the way beautiful Alaskan purple you have up there., she has a way to go yet, doesn't she? Cool photograph.
Thanks @MsBean7175 . I can't really remember how much longer she had to go at that time, but yeah, she looks like she had a while to go.

Hey growers!

I'm finally ready to start really keeping a journal. I got the babies I have into the dirt and even though they don't look so great, I'm gonna try and grow them.

1/6/20
Purple Lemonade and Dark Devil popped out. Placed under LED at about
24 inches.

1/9/20
Still no peeks from the Chocolate Skunk and Glue Gelato seeds.

The Zkittles that sprouted almost a month ago is still an tiny little runt
that won't grow, and it has a weird looking leaf structure. Never seen anything like it after this much time
above the dirt. I'm putting the runt in a 3 gallon pot today because I don't have high expectations
for this one.

1/10/20 (Day 1)
I got the other 2 tiny babies in the pots today. I wanted to let them get bigger,
but I kinda' ran out of patience. I'm so late getting these started that
I just went ahead and stuck them in the dirt.

The baby Purple Lemonade is super tiny and looks like it got a little
bent out of shape while germinating. I put it in a 3 gallon pot because I'm also skeptical
about its potential.

The Dark Devil is small too. But it looks normal so I put it in a 5 gallon
pot.

I'm at the point where I just want to grow something - anything - using Mega Crop.
I desperately want to see if I can just mix up some powder and water and accomplish
the same thing I did when mixing 4-6 bottles of liquid nutes with water.

I started these babies out in pots by surrounding them each with about 3 ounces of water.
The water is mixed with Mega Crop at 2 grams per gallon. The soil is 3/4 Fox Farms Ocean Forest and 1/4 Mother Earth Coco.

Here are some pics. If you lose interest in this thread after seeing them, I'll understand completely. :p

But I'm on a mission! :Rasta:

Purple Lemonade Auto
Dark Devil Auto.JPG

Dark Devil Auto

Purple Lemonade Auto.JPG

Zkittles Auto

Zkittle Auto.JPG

Later!

Plants! :welldone:

There's no reason you can't, strange-starting-plants notwithstanding :). I went from FoxFarms trio plus Open Sesame plus cal-mag plus silica plus Terpinator to MegaCrop alone, and have gotten amazing results.
Thanks for the encouraging words @InTheShed . However, there is one reason I might not succeed. I saw him in the mirror about 10 minutes ago. :Rasta:

1/14/20 (Day 5)

Hello, growers!

Its day 5 for the Purple Lemonade and Dark Devil. Not sure, but I think its about day 25 for the Zkittles. (That's the age I will go with from here.)

The Zkittles remains very small, IMO, for her age. She still will not grow up but a least looks like she's growing out. And, she doesn't look that weird any more. Good signs.

The Lemonade is the tiniest of the three but she's growing and looks healthy.

The Devil is taller than the Lemonade and has a nice look to it as well.

I followed the example of @Emilya and started right away feeding the babies with Mega Crop at 2 grams per gallon. So far, they don't seem to mind one bit. I'm still trying to come to terms with this Mega Crop. All I've ever known is constantly mixing up numerous nutrients and constantly monitoring/adjusting PH for my DWC plants. I can barely believe that I might get the same or better results simply by mixing some powder in non-PH'd water! This is officially a "know better" moment for me. (A reference to one of my fav quotes, "Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.")

Here are some pics.

Purple Lemonade:

Purple Lemonade D5.JPG

Dark Devil

Dark Devil D5.JPG

Zkittles

Zkittles D25.JPG

Group: Zkittles rear, Dark Devil right and Lemonade front.

Group Jan 14th.JPG

I dropped another Chocolate Skunk into spring water last night and it sunk to the bottom this morning. With this seed, when I see even a hint of a tap root emerging, I'm going to put it in soil and set it under the light. Hopefully it will sprout in time to grow with the others under the same basic lighting conditions. (I want a skunk with this grow!)

Mega Crop. Wow.

Later!

You'll get used to the simplicity!

Plants look great, and autos are gonna auto.
You are one positive person @InTheShed, and I love that!

You're certainly right, I will get used to the simplicity, mostly because I'm a lazy old fart!

I've been looking at the jugs of Advanced Nutrients and General Hydroponics nutrients that I've amassed and wondering what I'm going to do with them now. I wonder if these products work on regular grass, azaleas, rose bushes and the like? :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom