Decriminalization

Correction... they did not pass a law, they passed a bill. This bill unfortunately is DOA at the Senate right now, pending the results of the election.
Right. The House of Representatives passed the bill but that does not mean that it is now law. The bill has to then go to the Senate and they have to pass it without making any changes. Then it goes to the US President who can sign it into law or reject it. If he or she vetoes or rejects the bill the process starts all over again.

It is all part of the checks and balances. It might not be the absolute best system out there but is better than most of us realize.

With the runoff being counted right now the power may shift in the Senate. With the power shift and all if both the House and Senate are controlled by one party the VP elect might have to get to work soon.

A bit of news on our own site Impact on Policy
I saw that write-up when it appeared last Wednesday. A whole lot has changed in Washington since then so now all bets are off.

However, a couple of things to keep in mind. Biden's top priority is the pandemic first and rebuilding the economy second. Any Marijuana legalization and reforms are not at the top of his agenda. Also, Biden has not been a gung-ho advocate of legalizing or decriminalizing weed. While watching the candidates while they were out and about campaigning it had struck me that he would be more willing to reconsider once his term in office settles down and that will probably be a year for the pandemic to settle down and up to 3 years for the economy to stabilize.

As mentioned in the article the mid-term elections are only 2 years away. No matter what the situation looks like in Washington now it is possible that 22 months from now the power in the House or the Senate can change. Voters have a short memory and the recent event will not be as important then as it is now.

Not all Republican senators and representatives are against marijuana reform though some against it are vocal with their objections. And, not all Democrat senators and representatives are in favor of marijuana for medical or recreational use though they tend to be less vocal.

On top of all that we might be looking at a whole new slate of run off elections to replace those who are loosing their status as a member of Capital Hill before our very eyes.

Think I will get a few chores done and then light one up before watching the evening news.

I thought I read Biden recognized the war on drugs was a disaster and that he would look into it .. in fact he related it to systemic racism.... perhaps wishful thinking , or another politician blowing smoke up everyones butt but I swear On the dab I’m fixen to do that I genuinely thought I saw that .. just to give ya hope !

I thought I read Biden recognized the war on drugs was a disaster and that he would look into it .. in fact he related it to systemic racism.... perhaps wishful thinking , or another politician blowing smoke up everyones butt but I swear On the dab I’m fixen to do that I genuinely thought I saw that .. just to give ya hope !
I remember read that too. I also remember reading somewhere that Biden is not sure that legalizing or decriminalizing weed the way it has been talked about is the way to go.

No matter what it is down lower on his list of business that has to be taken care of ASAP.

Ohhh? I thought he was giving a speech today ..
The big announcement has been delayed so that the entire world can see again how corrupt Congress is with a sham impeachment based on lies and a couple of hours of debate. I still expect a big reaction to all of this nonsense in the next day or so. Trump is not going to take this lying down. When the coming purge and military takeover begins, don't freak... this reaction has been building since the other side started attacking this President even before he was inaugurated the first time.

The big announcement has been delayed so that the entire world can see again how corrupt Congress is with a sham impeachment based on lies and a couple of hours of debate. I still expect a big reaction to all of this nonsense in the next day or so. Trump is not going to take this lying down. When the coming purge and military takeover begins, don't freak... this reaction has been building since the other side started attacking this President even before he was inaugurated the first time.
I actually agree with you. If they guy didn‘t have to spend a significant portion of his term defending the 2016 election he may have been less manipulative, more truthful, and less emotional. He appeals to the uneducated, entitled and fearful population there is no doubt about it . And, He is pissed to be sure.
But,
he will find himself detained, before he ever gets to Inspire his ‘ special’ people again . He officially has zero platforms except for the White House which he refuses to utilize.

I pray he gets Impeached so you all don’t have to pay for his safety , salary, and health care for the rest of his life.
Some things, are worth dying for . Not supporting this autocrat is one . Namaste !

I pray he gets Impeached so you all don’t have to pay for his safety , salary, and health care for the rest of his life.
Some things, are worth dying for . Not supporting this autocrat is one . Namaste !
It is a 2 step process. The first step is the House doing the impeachment which is like saying that they agree to the charges and there was a crime committed.

The second step is to go to the Senate and there he can go on trial for those charges. He is either found guilty or not guilty of the charges brought by the House.

If found guilty by the Senate he will no longer get most of the perks that former presidents get but he will still get the Secret Service following him everywhere. At least that is the way my daughter and I have figured after some quick research.

No matter what happens within the next couple of months we as a community need to contact our local elected leaders and express our thoughts on the legalization effort. They can attach the bill to another measure of legislation as a rider and get it passed. All it takes is one Senator to officially bring forth the bill and if nothing else keep it as active as possible.

If you read this please contact your elected officials and tell them to decriminalize marijuana for recreational use for adults. The tax revenue will increase as well as the quality of life of others.

Back
Top Bottom