DirtyDanny's 600 Watt LED Grow

DirtyDanny

Hi guys...........Ive been lurking in the shadows here for a few months and finally got the courage to burst outta my bubble and share some "green love" with ya'll.
First of all I'd like to say that this is a great green commune thats going on in here! This place is resinating with knowledge......and as we all know, knowledge is power.
Ive been out of the growing click for roughly the past 15 years.......been real busy raising 3 kids and busting out the daily grind 9-5.
Been feeling mighty low with depression and some small health problems (kidney stones...ouch) and panic attacks for awhile now. I just havent felt like myself at all in the past few years....always attributed it to the stress of daily life and overwhelming responsibility.
So I finally just realized a few months ago that I havent even packed a bowl in close to 10 years.
I was a daily toker back in the day.....but after the kids came along I could no longer afford any good nugs, so I guess I just kinda drifted away from it and told myself its just the responsible thing to do as a father and provider.
Well, the time has come to "tear down the wall" that ive been hiding behind for the past decade :bravo:
Its time to put down the xanax and pick up the bong again......just the thought warms my soul.
Im still trying to revert the "brainwashing" that drug rehab beat into my head........its a long story and I'll spare the details.....Anyways, I know now that im back on the right track seeking a natural alternative for anxiety and depression!
Enough of my psychobabble.........and on with the show:cheer:

What strain is it? "1" Motavation feminized by serious seeds
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Mostly indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veggin
If in Veg... For how long? about 5 weeks
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? FFOF and perlite
If soil... What size pot? 7 gal airpot
Size of light? 600 watt diamond series led
Is it aircooled? yes it is
4X4 grow tent
Temp of Room/cab 78F
RH of Room/cab? 50%
PH of media or res? 6.8
Any Pests ? Nope
How often are you watering? Every 3-4 days
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farms trio

Alrighty then..........gotta figure out how to post pics now......duh:cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_020836.JPG

IMG_020929.JPG
IMG_021037.JPG

IMG_021226.JPG

IMG_021626.JPG
IMG_021925.JPG

IMG_022026.JPG

IMG_022126.JPG

IMG_022225.JPG

IMG_022325.JPG

IMG_022427.JPG

IMG_022533.JPG

IMG_022635.JPG

IMG_022732.JPG

IMG_022834.JPG

IMG_022930.JPG

Thanks KingJohn............Actually, im not 100% sure of the PH.
My digital soil probe says 6.5 and my analog probe says just under 7, so i just split the difference for a good average.......lol
Some growers say to PH your run off for better accuracy........but I think the soil probes work just fine as long as the soil is wet and you give them plenty of time to aquire a reading.

I know I really should invest in a liquid PH probe......but they are pretty expensive for an accurate unit.
I havent experienced any problems but some "leaf rust" here and there and some leaf tip burn from the hot ass FFOF soil.
I just transplanted her into a 7 gal airpot this weekend, and added more FFOF/perlite to take up the extra space........
low and behold, the leaf rust is back again from the fresh soil......im not so sure that I care too much for FFOF.......

it may be caused by the foxfarm ocean forest soil. you could try to flush some of the active nutrients from the soil by passing at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water though the pot.

here is a leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the cannabis plant pest problem solver

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Wow ... what you have is a case study in too much light ... you've done well to keep it alive so far ... :thumb:

I do believe your correct Chester!
All the undergrowth was much greener and healthier looking than the large fan leaves.
So I believe that I have a bit of bleaching going on.
I did manage to get the light up another 12" or so, maybe I will get some stretch now...

Shading it would help a lot ... or plant the next seeds and grow them 12/12 from seed ... I'll bet w/ that light the results could be impressive ...
:thumb:

I paid like $20 for this feminized bean...............imma gonna get my $20 worth outta this chic one way or another.......lol
Im excited like a kid with a new toy.
Im going to hold off on the shading and hope that moving the light up will help her find her wings.

The only thing that I see looks like a little Nitrogen deficiency in the top leaves of pic #2 ... I used to have problems w/ rust spots ... now I water w/ purified/RO/distilled water + Cal/Mag ... I buy my water for 25 cents a gallon from the machines in the front of grocery stores ... I divide the water into two jugs and shake it vigorously to aerate it ... there are better ways to bubble water and it makes a difference in how fast the plant grows ... oddly, my plants that are growing under a Big Ass LED are staying short also ... I think there is such a thing as overkill in wattage ...
:thumb:

Yep.......pic #2 is a bit screwed up by the overhead basement light.
It shows yellowing leaves when they are not that way at all.
Pic #1 shows the "actual" color much better.
She looks really good except the few rust spots on various leaves here and there.
I think I need to pick up some cal-mag soon and give it a try.
The 12/12 "flip" is starting today.......she needs to show me the fruits of my labor.........:peace:

By the way..............is 82F in the tent too hot to flower?
The temp climbed about 7F when I zipped the door shut........
I have a co2 rig, but the tent needs constant ventilation to maintain 82F with the door closed.
The normal level of natural Co2 varies in the tent from about 800-1100 ppm.
Maybe i should just inject a bit every hour or so? But I think it will just get wasted with the constant venting....

Back
Top Bottom