Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I had to take The Church early. Some of the fan leafs were just going limp without needing water. I did not want to chance it so the 23 colas are all drying on the drying rack. Baked some in the small toaster at 250* for 20 mins. They never really got the chance to swell. Oh well it makes my face numb and a little pressure behind my eyes, ears aren't ringing anymore which is great, body pain is gone, just does not as good as it was last time. Still have the Double Glock going, Doc I used the cat at weeks 3 & 4. Just about all leafs have the tips burned maybe at most 1/4" up the leafs and stops.

Will it be ok storing in 74-80 degree temps. Thats about what my house fluctuates between and I use less than half of a kit per batch since I only run three plants at a time soon to be two and would like to get a recycling program going if my temps allow it. I did just get bigger pots 12gal so maybe it wont be such an issue now anyway but was curious how the soil would hold up at these temps.

Also my promix came with basically no perlight in it this time. Any idea on an estimate of how much I need to buy to get half of a kit up to normal amount? Pic below.

The flush seemed to help my amazonias, they look a little healthier tonight already then they were looking last night and they were getting worse by the day. Thanks everyone for your help figuring out what was wrong and the advice on how to get them back on track!

Here is a pic of my soil mix that is missing the majority of the perllight. It looks like the top all the way through.
IMAG06528.jpg

Thats a damn fine auto Ziggy :goodjob:

It's hard to tell from a pic....is that soil moist? Those temps will be just fine....that's about the temp of my warehouse during the summer and my soil is just fine.

I had to take The Church early. Some of the fan leafs were just going limp without needing water. I did not want to chance it so the 23 colas are all drying on the drying rack. Baked some in the small toaster at 250* for 20 mins. They never really got the chance to swell. Oh well it makes my face numb and a little pressure behind my eyes, ears aren't ringing anymore which is great, body pain is gone, just does not as good as it was last time. Still have the Double Glock going, Doc I used the cat at weeks 3 & 4. Just about all leafs have the tips burned maybe at most 1/4" up the leafs and stops.

Sounds like the roots were damaged? I'm not sure what you're asking. For most people, the Cat Drench doesn't damage anything, just twists up the leaves for a couple days.

It's hard to say what may have happened without more info. Chock it up to learning. FWIW, out of 20 plants, I usually end up culling one or two every other cycle. Some plants just don't "hook up" for some reason.

Look to your measurements and your method for growing roots in veg. Keep things SIMPLE till you get familiar with the products.

I'm going to GUESS Natural. The "acid" version sounds like it might be good for flowers that change color with pH?

You are completely right Doc :D Just saw a bit of info from the distributor and it says "great for roses"...

:thanks:

Smoke Report: Willie Nelson, taken at 21 weeks.

First of all, the breeder says this strain finishes in 10-12 weeks....pure BS. I could have probably gone 26 weeks.

The buds are fluffy and the trichomes are teeny, tiny little things.

The smell is unbelievably fantastic. Sweet papaya, very little weed taste, smoother than smooth....what a pleasure.

It's far stronger than you would expect, looking at the buds.

The high is VERY high....no stone to it at all. No buzzing in the head, the High Brix silkiness comes through....I felt a couple inches taller, and a smile seemed the most comfortable position for my facial muscles. Both my wife and I were more funny and quick-witted than usual. I had a good 5 minute long laugh that was so intense I thought I might have a heart attack.....but I just felt great instead.

Creative, chatty, uber joyful, high as can be.

This is the worst possible outcome! I was hoping it would be crap and I wouldn't have to grow it again.....but I must grow this....all the time. Best weed ever, no contest.

Now, the shatter I had made is even more ridiculous. I've been using the Herbalizer vape set on 430 degrees to vape the wax and it's in another class even from the bud. This is incredible stuff. I won't load anything else into my vape pens again.

No one will buy the weed......too ugly. But once they try a joint they'll go nuts....and the wax is a no-brainer too.

Curso! You've gotta grow this strain!

First of all, the breeder says this strain finishes in 10-12 weeks....pure BS. I could have probably gone 26 weeks.

The smell is unbelievably fantastic. Sweet papaya, very little weed taste, smoother than smooth....what a pleasure.

The high is VERY high....no stone to it at all. No buzzing in the head, the High Brix silkiness comes through....I felt a couple inches taller, and a smile seemed the most comfortable position for my facial muscles. Both my wife and I were more funny and quick-witted than usual. I had a good 5 minute long laugh that was so intense I thought I might have a heart attack.....but I just felt great instead.

This is the worst possible outcome! I was hoping it would be crap and I wouldn't have to grow it again.....but I must grow this....all the time. Best weed ever, no contest.

Now, the shatter I had made is even more ridiculous. I've been using the Herbalizer vape set on 430 degrees to vape the wax and it's in another class even from the bud. This is incredible stuff. I won't load anything else into my vape pens again.

No one will buy the weed......too ugly. But once they try a joint they'll go nuts....and the wax is a no-brainer too.

Curso! You've gotta grow this strain!

OOOOOOO man...that does sound fantastic. Once I get different crib I'll have room for a long sativa :) I knew that shatter would be just amazing.

Doc,
Got 'my kit' TY! Will keep you posted with results and observations.

Any chance when you get the 8th Day of the week, you can post here a list of the strains you have grown with Kit and their taste results? I would like to see if I get same, or anywhere close- :) results as you regarding plant, bud appearance, taste, etc.

Im referring to you, Doc, amongst my local friends and circles who read 420mag, as George Washington Cannabis(instead of Carver) for success at experimenting and sharing your success. :)

Doc,
Got 'my kit' TY! Will keep you posted with results and observations.

Any chance when you get the 8th Day of the week, you can post here a list of the strains you have grown with Kit and their taste results? I would like to see if I get same, or anywhere close- :) results as you regarding plant, bud appearance, taste, etc.

Im referring to you, Doc, amongst my local friends and circles who read 420mag, as George Washington Cannabis(instead of Carver) for success at experimenting and sharing your success. :)

I like that! Thanks!

The strains I'm growing are mostly unique and not available unless you know me or a couple other people. The strains that I've grown that can be obtained are:

Tahoe OG
GSC
Jack Herer
Cherry Pie
Purple Cadillac
And now Grape Ape.
OH....Willie Nelson and Colombian Gold too.....but those are really hard for me to grow.

My favorite stuff is landrace or simple crosses. That's what you're looking for.

I could have probably gone 26 weeks.

HEY HEY Doc! That is exactly what I have been worried about with Willie. It will take forever, but be the best of the best. I really enjoyed this smoke report. Wish I was able to take a go at this strain. Maybe in a few more years.

Oh ok, thanks for the heads up. So you foliar spray a final time of brix and de-stress when your ready to harvest, then wait a week after the application and harvest? Then if you wanted, do the bud wash in a bucket of the homemade mixture? Thanks Doc

I've been reading quite a few of these threads as I'm able (quite honestly, it truly is akin to reading a novel if you read it, and I do so I bookmark pages ffs). One thing that caught my eye was the evolution of the kit itself. For some reason I think some people still have difficulty wrapping their brains around what the kit is exactly as well.

So, with that in mind, I post my kit as received from Doc. I was pleasantly surprised and duly impressed. You won't see the amendment package because I broke it open at 5am this morning to mix my soil. Honestly, it beat me down.

hb_kit.JPG

the light blue tub is 50 gal and the dark blue one is 40 gal.

60_gal_worth.JPG

Oh ok, thanks for the heads up. So you foliar spray a final time of brix and de-stress when your ready to harvest, then wait a week after the application and harvest? Then if you wanted, do the bud wash in a bucket of the homemade mixture? Thanks Doc

I'll spray brix one final time in the last week. And I always want to do a bud wash. Won't ever skip that.

I used to keep my mothers in the tubs :)

Hello, the tub concept deserves candor, Bravo,
But having used the root trimming pots/containers has Great advantages, like cuts off the roots when they push
againest the container walls, a conventional container will make the roots spiral into a never ending overgrown knot
of basket weave = Counter productive !

Have a good one,
Bulldog

Hello, the tub concept deserves candor, Bravo,
But having used the root trimming pots/containers has Great advantages, like cuts off the roots when they push
againest the container walls, a conventional container will make the roots spiral into a never ending overgrown knot
of basket weave = Counter productive !

Have a good one,
Bulldog

It worked out well for mothers, I changed them out every 6 months when I did keep them. But I haven't kept a mom around for a long time. :) I agree with the "air" trimming pots. I swear by them they make plants looks sexy...

Hello Doc
What do you think of the merits of EWC tea as foliar during veg,
the concept during flower would be counter productive as we would Not want to introduce a mould factor.

Many Thanks in advance !
Have a good 1
Bulldog

Back
Top Bottom