Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey doc!! sorry it took a while for me to getting around to posting these pics. here it is my very first grow, and with your kit of course!
IMG_062625.jpg
IMG_062330.jpg
IMG_0677.PNG

It came out AMAZING...
NO EFFECTS USED (ONLY THE FLASH OF MY CAMERA):Namaste:

Woah, nice job!!! Looks like killer smoke :thumb:

I actually have that page stickied. It just led me to question because of the burning of my OG.

The special drench we are referring to would not be used to water plants...only to soak them from the bottom up, draining out the water as much as possible.

And yes....you can burn plants if you go too heavy, and it sounds like you did. Did the plant in question get a whole oz of something to itself?

Hey Doc,

Quick question or two. First off, things look great. On day 9 of 12/12 and can just about see pistils starting. Cool. In directions, cationic drench is used right when buds set. Is that the same as pistils appearing? Or am I awaiting something else? Secondly, recharge to be used in 3rd week of bloom cycle - is that 3 weeks from onset of 12/12 or 3 weeks from pistil formation?

Thanks for your kit, I think I am following directions, time (60 days or so) will tell.

Mkenyon

Bonus points for those recognizing reference to MKenyon... hint: jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny...

Doc, is 11/13 the new HB standard?

No, not really. Those of us in the "over 50" crowd seem to really like sativas, and the 11/13 photoperiod delivers. I had lovely plants on 12/12 too....possibly a greater yield also. But I really like what I'm getting on 11/13.

Hey Doc,

Quick question or two. First off, things look great. On day 9 of 12/12 and can just about see pistils starting. Cool. In directions, cationic drench is used right when buds set. Is that the same as pistils appearing? Or am I awaiting something else? Secondly, recharge to be used in 3rd week of bloom cycle - is that 3 weeks from onset of 12/12 or 3 weeks from pistil formation?

Thanks for your kit, I think I am following directions, time (60 days or so) will tell.

Mkenyon

Bonus points for those recognizing reference to MKenyon... hint: jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny...

Use the Cat Drench when it looks like all the buds are "there" and just need to get bigger and denser. While interesting things happen it you do it early, you won't yield very well. You probably have another 2 weeks or so. Pics would help.

Recharge should be done 3 weeks after photoperiod change.

Hey Doc,

Mkenyon

What ive noticed is its better to be a lil late with the cat than early. After its done stretching and the buds are actual buds, not lil balls of pistils.

On the plants that run about 12 weeks do you do a second Cat Drench, I remember reading people doing a second one but can't remember at what point the second one should be done? I just started week 7 this week on my blue dream so I was thinking end of this week beginning of next, they haven't had any real drench since the last cat just a bit of transplant here and there. This is my first try at growing something that takes more than 8 or 9 weeks to flower.

Thanks all!

PS I think i cat drenched the blue dream early too, didnt seem to slow her down any though :)

Bud shot from the blue dream taken a couple nights ago if it helps :thumb:

DSC_3853.jpg

On the plants that run about 12 weeks do you do a second Cat Drench, I remember reading people doing a second one but can't remember at what point the second one should be done? I just started week 7 this week on my blue dream so I was thinking end of this week beginning of next, they haven't had any real drench since the last cat just a bit of transplant here and there. This is my first try at growing something that takes more than 8 or 9 weeks to flower.

Thanks all!

PS I think i cat drenched the blue dream early too, didnt seem to slow her down any though :)

Aren't you supposed to continue using growth after the cat? I haven't a clue so I'm asking.

They didnt get the cat drench until a couple weeks ago so I was getting ready to hit them with energy this week or if the blue dream needs another CD I will do that on her and then pick back up with the energy. I have been going really light on drenches this grow and trying to let them use up the last one before giving them the next. I think I was going a little overboard in the past so now I am kinda going to the other extreme to see what happens. I would like to get to the point where I can tell by looking at them what they need instead of trying to force a schedule on them :thumb:

Edit I also have been using 15 gal equiv air pots too. They have lots of soil space compared to root mass so they don't seem to need it as often as they did in the smaller pots. At least I think thats whats going on :)

Thanks all!

DSC_3853.jpg

So, looking at that picture I'd emphasize Growth Energy. You've got plenty of pistils....which by definition means plenty of calyx formation.....sooo, now let fatten them up!

A second Cat Drench is simply a matter of personal preference. Some do it, some don't. I personally prefer the smooth, sweet results that come from Growth Energy. Still use Transplant at 1/4 strength each and every watering.

That's my preference, but you're not making a mistake if you decide to Cat Drench again. Les Paul or Strat? Gretch or Ludwig? Beatles or Stones? Zep or Pink Floyd? No bad decisions here bro......just preference.

They didnt get the cat drench until a couple weeks ago so I was getting ready to hit them with energy this week or if the blue dream needs another CD I will do that on her and then pick back up with the energy. I have been going really light on drenches this grow and trying to let them use up the last one before giving them the next. I think I was going a little overboard in the past so now I am kinda going to the other extreme to see what happens. I would like to get to the point where I can tell by looking at them what they need instead of trying to force a schedule on them :thumb:

Edit I also have been using 15 gal equiv air pots too. They have lots of soil space compared to root mass so they don't seem to need it as often as they did in the smaller pots. At least I think thats whats going on :)

That's the spirit! Experiment, observe, record, hypothesize....test and prove your hypothesis. Repeat.

This is how you get to know your plants and your soil. You're on the right path, no doubt about it.

Heya Doc..
Looking to contact you, can't PM here; is there a better way?

Been skimming this thread repeatedly, but I don't think I see a website or contact info.

The special drench we are referring to would not be used to water plants...only to soak them from the bottom up, draining out the water as much as possible.

And yes....you can burn plants if you go too heavy, and it sounds like you did. Did the plant in question get a whole oz of something to itself?

We're talking in veg right? I don't think I've given too much at one time maybe just too often. What Happens when we up can to 7 gal or more? I'm not still drenching from the bottom up right? now this maybe be a stupid excuse but I don't have a big bucket so I've been dividing the drenches between each gallons of distilled water I'm using and watering from the top and not "drenching" per say. Maybe I have to shut my mouth and follow the directions to the T.

So, looking at that picture I'd emphasize Growth Energy. You've got plenty of pistils....which by definition means plenty of calyx formation.....sooo, now let fatten them up!

A second Cat Drench is simply a matter of personal preference. Some do it, some don't. I personally prefer the smooth, sweet results that come from Growth Energy. Still use Transplant at 1/4 strength each and every watering.

That's my preference, but you're not making a mistake if you decide to Cat Drench again. Les Paul or Strat? Gretch or Ludwig? Beatles or Stones? Zep or Pink Floyd? No bad decisions here bro......just preference.

I will hit them with the growth tonight, thanks Doc :thumb:

No, not really. Those of us in the "over 50" crowd seem to really like sativas, and the 11/13 photoperiod delivers. I had lovely plants on 12/12 too....possibly a greater yield also. But I really like what I'm getting on 11/13.

Use the Cat Drench when it looks like all the buds are "there" and just need to get bigger and denser. While interesting things happen it you do it early, you won't yield very well. You probably have another 2 weeks or so. Pics would help.

Recharge should be done 3 weeks after photoperiod change.

Thanks for your prompt response, what else would I have expected. I'll throw a shot up in a couple of days.

J

Heya Doc..
Looking to contact you, can't PM here; is there a better way?

Been skimming this thread repeatedly, but I don't think I see a website or contact info.

Check your PM's.

We're talking in veg right? I don't think I've given too much at one time maybe just too often. What Happens when we up can to 7 gal or more? I'm not still drenching from the bottom up right? now this maybe be a stupid excuse but I don't have a big bucket so I've been dividing the drenches between each gallons of distilled water I'm using and watering from the top and not "drenching" per say. Maybe I have to shut my mouth and follow the directions to the T.

I top watered only for nearly two years. There's nothing wrong with that.

I agree completely!! I started doing that 2nd cat drench for the gassy flavor. Now that we have the salty drench its not very necessary. Using brix vs stress does a better job of bulking than the 2nd cat drench does too. These are some of the things I have learned playing with my soil and plants.

Honestly playing with these products is the fun of it. Doc and I have tried to kill plants with this stuff. I've given 7gl pots the full feed for a cycle and couldn't kill them. Happy plants..meh not so much but I was unable to "fuck them up" bad enough to where I didn't harvest some excellent smoke. Done cat drench for a full cycle too. That is pretty cool, the results were pretty interesting to say the least.

Have fun with it and please don't over think it. Don't try to make something simple difficult. That's the best advice I can give to any new kit user. This is a long recipe...its a simple one but it takes months to complete.

Back
Top Bottom