DocBud's Next Medical Grow

Hey Doc I had these things coming out of my pots when I watered. I can almost guarantee they were in the FFOF I use since its winter here and no bugs are around.

Anyone ever seen these before, the little white things? They were moving. good reason to change the drip trays when possible

bugs3.JPG

I suppose it could be done.
A guy I know swears he grew an 11 ounce indoor freak plant once, but not under one light.

But a 32 oz plant? I dunno......

right it does after time now seem a bit inconceivable, however the rule stands i suppose, possible, but not plausible.

Reason i ask, im about 2 amp things up a bit over the weekend, a buddy is getting his card so we will now be allowed 24 instead of 12, adding more lights, c02 the whole bit basically.
I want to get a perpetual harvest going and have about 16 in budding at all times. Im really just into maximizing yield at this point in the game, any strain suggestions other than the ppp?

About how far apart are your plants now? And from what i gather, you pretty much just do what you gotta do when you prune and supercrop, i mean if it needs it you do it?

right it does after time now seem a bit inconceivable, however the rule stands i suppose, possible, but not plausible.

Reason i ask, im about 2 amp things up a bit over the weekend, a buddy is getting his card so we will now be allowed 24 instead of 12, adding more lights, c02 the whole bit basically.
I want to get a perpetual harvest going and have about 16 in budding at all times. Im really just into maximizing yield at this point in the game, any strain suggestions other than the ppp?

About how far apart are your plants now? And from what i gather, you pretty much just do what you gotta do when you prune and supercrop, i mean if it needs it you do it?

Right now, we put 9 plants under each light, in a 4x4 tray. There are actually only 8 3D's and 8 PPP's, but 9 Querkles. There is an odd Blue Dream amongst the 3D's, and 5 other Blue Dreams under a big T5.

The pots are space about 1 foot from each other.

If you just want yield, it seems like the Indica's do pretty well. The Jack Herer also got a good yield.

I'm not really into yield. I want to grow something that tastes amazing and has the following description:

The more you smoke, the better you feel.

So far the following strains have met that description:

Jack Herer
OG Kush

I got some Chocolope Haze that also seems to meet that criteria, but no plans to grow it soon.

Willie Nelson will be in my next grow.....supposed to be about the best. We'll see.

cool man thanks for the info, i shouldnt have any problem getting like 16 plants in my 8x8x8 then everything is wonderful thanks again for the help

plant plumpin pics nice those are 1000 watt lights right?

dang fungus gnats, but it looks like you're plants are so healthy they shouldn't be too much of a concern i'm sure you'll take care of them

azamax helps a lot with adults but i've noticed it works well and a little faster if you use it with something else, like gnatrol mentioned above, mosquito dunks also contain the active organism BTi that targets larvae stage i believe.
i also agree with the perilite and landscape cloth that was mentioned those helped me a lot also.
thought i'd just throw that out there...i'm sure you may have known about that already:Rasta:

dexter those look like gnat larvae to me

plant plumpin pics nice those are 1000 watt lights right?

dang fungus gnats, but it looks like you're plants are so healthy they shouldn't be too much of a concern i'm sure you'll take care of them

azamax helps a lot with adults but i've noticed it works well and a little faster if you use it with something else, like gnatrol mentioned above, mosquito dunks also contain the active organism BTi that targets larvae stage i believe.
i also agree with the perilite and landscape cloth that was mentioned those helped me a lot also.
thought i'd just throw that out there...i'm sure you may have known about that already:Rasta:

dexter those look like gnat larvae to me

I think the gnats are done......killed the adults with Dr. Doom.
Killed their off spring with Azatrol. Gonna put some sand on top of the soil.
The plants are pretty healthy and the gnats seem to have come in the Root's Organic soil, as they are only in the 3D's as of right now. But those pots are big and I know the roots are very robust, so I don't think we have too much of an issue.

I just hate friggin pests....had mites last grow and my first grow, now gnats. Had mildew once....what's next?

But, I'm happy to say that I'm using only OMRI certified stuff to kill 'em!

Looks like the PPP will come down right around March 25 or so. We'll see.

They should start plumping up in the next couple weeks. They're gonna get a nice feeding tonite.

B E A U tiful girls Doc...again.

Thanks for the excellence in documenting your grows and for all the help/advice/answers you give to the wonderful members of 420 mag.

Thanks to you and a few others for giving me the confidence to "dummy" down my grow's and still see a much improved final product. For a while I was guilty of thinking I had to pay for the best to get the best results.....so sad. I have moved away from the world of AN and GH and all the associated frustrations and now (at least until I find a better easier more productive product...yeah right) I will be an OC+ user....Wish we could get the OC+ with organics like in AU....I suppose I could try to order it.

Anyway, I have a question about Snowstorm and what it is that made you decide to start using it? What I'm asking is to be schooled in Snowstorm...please. I'm looking for that extra little something to put the next couple of grows over the top as I may have to go on hiatus from growing for a while....3 months at the most.

Thanks in advance and peace and harvets.....

Snowstorm contains potassium and a kelp hormone. The combination makes the plant produce more resin, better and more intense smell, etc.

From what I've been able to read, resin production can be enhanced by doing the following:

Lower, dryer temps
potassium
molasses

the kelp hormones also help, I'm sure.

I've noticed a difference in my plants when I use Snowstorm.

Individual mileage may vary! The product warns not to over fertilize....

From everything I've been able to read about Sucanat, it's probably better than molasses.

I intend to use it as soon as I run out of molasses!

Cool thats what I'm using during flower and molasses during veg. My girls smell sweet and good

I found some cheap on ebay and some on Amazon get the organic I can go look at the brand if needed

IMG_13914.JPG

That pic makes me want to get a running start, take a big leap, and roll around in your garden :)

I wish I could take better pictures! I snap these in total darkness.

When you see it in person it's a forest of colas....over 70 of them, in a 4x4 tray. I will seriously have about 7-10 six to ten inch colas on each of the 8 PPP.

The triches are really picking up too. I hope I can bring some smell out of them....the smoke awesome, but people may be put off by the lack of smell....let's hope the poop I'm feedin' em gives 'em some flavor.

------------------------------------------------

On another note:

My current thoughts on organic vs. OC+ is evolving.

Organic works really well.....but you need huge pots, like 7 gallons per plant. The 3 gallon pots are too small, and the 8x8's I'm using are WAY too small, so I'm having to feed frequently now. Consequently, over the last couple days I'm seeing more lower leaves yellow and drop. I've still got 5-7 weeks to go....

So, I think I'll try 9 huge pots next grow.....all organic.

But I'll also run smaller pots, like I'm doing now, and run a weak charge of OC+ in a less hot version of organic soil and feed a bit. The lower charge of OC+ will allow them to fade a bit in the end.

Then, we'll see what tastes best.....screw the yield. At this point I'd be happy with 1 ounce per plant if it was the best weed. I fantasize about growing something so good that smoking it is a lifetime memory. We've all got 'em....I'd like to grow sumpin' like that!

Anyhow, I'm rambling on and on. I just tried some Cannolope Haze....very, very good. I may have to get some of this!

Doc, I gotta tell ya; I just REread one of your other journals AGAIN! Lol. Man, this is some good stuff. I've been learning so much more than I thought was possible to know about the most wonderful plant on earth! Thank you. And many thanks to SS, BlueDog,....all hell....everyone that is on 420....you rock! And you know who you are.

Hey, I'm with ya SS. Jumpin into those buds would be nice! Someone needs to make a cologne out of THC!

I wish I could take better pictures! I snap these in total darkness.

When you see it in person it's a forest of colas....over 70 of them, in a 4x4 tray. I will seriously have about 7-10 six to ten inch colas on each of the 8 PPP.

I was just saying in another thread how I could relate to how difficult it is to capture the dankness that we see in person.

The triches are really picking up too. I hope I can bring some smell out of them....the smoke awesome, but people may be put off by the lack of smell....let's hope the poop I'm feedin' em gives 'em some flavor.

I harvested four PPP clones that I flipped at 5". They wound up 10-12" tall and essentially all bud.

P1020360.JPG

P1020381.JPG

These were grown in Roots Organic soil with Botanicare CNS17, kelp, and molasses.

After curing, they smell like sweet pine candy, and I bet with your chops, yours will also.

------------------------------------------------

On another note:

My current thoughts on organic vs. OC+ is evolving.

that's one of things I like most about you ;)

Organic works really well.....but you need huge pots, like 7 gallons per plant.

yup, I mentioned that in Irish's journal about a week ago. Subcool's supersoil works because he grows in 7gal pots. Otherwise, you run out of steam.

So, I think I'll try 9 huge pots next grow.....all organic.

:)

But I'll also run smaller pots, like I'm doing now, and run a weak charge of OC+ in a less hot version of organic soil and feed a bit. The lower charge of OC+ will allow them to fade a bit in the end.

can't wait to see the difference in watering frequency. Even with 5gal pots, I've heard you only need to water every 5 days or even longer.

you're gonna grow some trees with your setup :)

Then, we'll see what tastes best.....screw the yield. At this point I'd be happy with 1 ounce per plant if it was the best weed. I fantasize about growing something so good that smoking it is a lifetime memory. We've all got 'em....I'd like to grow sumpin' like that!

there's a point of diminishing returns in everything.

Anyhow, I'm rambling on and on. I just tried some Cannolope Haze....very, very good. I may have to get some of this!

yes indeed :)

Oh....those are beautiful! You could grow 50 of those under 1000watts.....interesting. We're the buds mature and resinous?

IMG_8293.JPG
IMG_8294.JPG

yup, and they could have gone at least another week, but I had something on-deck :)

5" is the absolute minimum height I would ever flip at, so I wanted to start with that. This grow
showed me that flipping at around 8" would probably be optimum for SOG with my setup, at least with PPP, but most of the strains I've grown pretty much X2.

Back
Top Bottom