DocBud's Hempy Grow

great job DOC I had random bag seed a while back that grew (at least what i thought ) limpy and looking at ur pictures of FLO it was the same strain wery psyhodelic smoke tho. Keep on good work !!

2 ounces dried sounds/looks about right Doc...:yummy:

I'm hopin.....

great job DOC I had random bag seed a while back that grew (at least what i thought ) limpy and looking at ur pictures of FLO it was the same strain wery psyhodelic smoke tho. Keep on good work !!
:welcome:

Was the stem purple? That's a characteristic of FLO.....the smoke is pretty cool. It's a happy-hyper type of feeling. Great for hiking, talking, that sort of thing.

Question:

What should the dried buds smell like?
Here's where I'm at. I harvested late Saturday night, and put the trimmed buds in dryer....a sealed box with a small fan that draws air in from the top sides and pulls it out from the bottom.

This morning the buds were definitely dried more, the little stems didn't snap like a toothpick, but had a snappy bend and were easily broken off. I can tell things aren't bone dry, but the buds have definitely lost lots of weight. We're at about 56 grams total now.

So, they don't smell much. I don't get that strong, danky scent from them. There is a slight "cut grass" smell, although that's diminished quite a bit.

So, I put them in two mason jars and left the lids off. I plan on taking the lids off for a couple hours or more for a few days, then sealing them up and burping them daily for a few weeks.

When does that nice smell come in? The potency is there....and it smokes very smooth.

Help please!

It comes when most of the chlorophyll is gone, which can take a few weeks of curing.

Your curing plan sounds good.

Keep checking with your nose for any hint of ammonia or bad smells which would indicate mold.

Some strains just aren't very skunky and don't have a strong smell, but that has nothing to do with potency.

It comes when most of the chlorophyll is gone, which can take a few weeks of curing.

Your curing plan sounds good.

Keep checking with your nose for any hint of ammonia or bad smells which would indicate mold.

Some strains just aren't very skunky and don't have a strong smell, but that has nothing to do with potency.

Thanks SS!

Sweet buds Doc! :rollit:

:thanks:

I'm having a great time with all this stuff! Tomorrow night, I chop the Blue Dreams!

crap meant totally something else sorry still trying to adapt , but as ur question go -the stems no but during the last two weeks leafs started to purple up totally amazing thing , as taste go after 11 days in dark vented room it smelled out there like freeshly mown grass kinda thing !! reps ++ nice job!!

...am...am I late??
Nope! You missed the first act, that's all. Last night I harvested my 2 Blue Dreams. I did a wet weight on part of the first plant.....just a bit over 400 grams trimmed and wet.

The second plant was nearly identical in yield. These plants produced! Also, I got 2 bags full of sugary trim along with all the popcorn buds. I've got a nice kief box coming.......:yummy:

I got 2 and a half 14x16 screens just like this:
IMG_02595.JPG

full of nugs like this:
IMG_02586.JPG

IMG_02576.JPG

IMG_02565.JPG

The little buds at the bottom of the plant are a pain in the arse....next grow I'm going to prune some lower branches. I left probably 2 grams on each plant, just because I was sick and tired of trimming the little crap, but I probably got about 50 of the little popcorn buds going into hash, along with the trim.

This session was even stickier, and smelled even better than my FLO's harvest. The triches were most cloudy with equal clear and amber....about 10% each.

Did I mention that I love doing this? :Rasta:

The last two plants are in darkness until tomorrow night. Then, they come down.

Good work Dude:cheer:
I am stoked to hear that your blues produced!!
How long does that dryer take again?
Happy thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

The dryer goes a little too quick in my grow room....I'm gonna tweak and test it, but right now I have the fan coming on every 30 minutes, for 15 miutes.

Once I get it dialed in, I'm going to like it.

I think I'm going to get over 3 ounces on each of those Blue's.

Beautifull just excellent , just primo stuff . Looking great keep up the good work. As trimming goes it is fun until you harvest outside 1.5 +pound plant and can't have anybody to help you !! Anyhow great job !! reps+

oh goodness.... oh my goodness....

LOL! Thanks bro. If I can get them cured properly, I think I'll have something decent.

Beautifull just excellent , just primo stuff . Looking great keep up the good work. As trimming goes it is fun until you harvest outside 1.5 +pound plant and can't have anybody to help you !! Anyhow great job !! reps+
Thanks for stopping by! I've got one of those hand-cranked auto trimmers that I'm going to try someday. I didn't want to use it on my first grow....wanted to learn how to handle the plants, etc. I'm learning a lot!

Here are a couple pics of the last 2 standing. I'm harvesting slightly early.....about 20 percent amber on both. They are in a 36 hour dark period, and I've lowered the temps just a bit, to about 70.

Jack's main cola is just over 14 inches long and about as big around as a Pringles can.
IMG_02605.JPG

The White Widow is also pretty fat, but not quite as impressive as Jack. The buds are messy, crystal coated with more leaves to trim. Both are going to yield well.

IMG_02615.JPG

those meds look great, whats the plan for the next grow? Are you gonna go no mercy or just grow more plants?

The next grow is going to go as follows:

1.)Germ seeds in Light Warrior or Root Riot cubes, 5 violator kush, 5 Blue Cheese
2.)Transplant into hempy cups if I use Root Riot, veg in Light Warrior cups if I don't.
3.)Transplant into the same 10 L hempy buckets I'm using now, veg until roots hit bottom and then hit the switch for 12/12.
4.)Prune lower branches
5.)Grow per usual

I'm going to veg in my grow cab this time. I want to do No Mercy, but I want to have some successful germination under my belt before I do, so the next grow is going to be a "practice" germination, and a more serious, yield oriented grow on the rest.

Tonite, I harvest the last two. Then, next week I'll clean up, make a few changes, like extending the light mover 3 feet, and bomb the room.

Did I ever mention that this is a helluva lot of fun?

Back
Top Bottom