Dreadednorth's First Grow Journal - 2015

Looking good brother. A little small, but looking healthy and that's what counts. She will grow.

thanks i hope she dose start growing faster, i suspect she had some trauma due to my inexperience that might have stunted the growth. i measured her today and she is about 5 1/2 inches tall. i think i forgot to post the genetics when i started my journal but better late then never! it says in the description its a medium sized plant shorter then most sativa's, so i am thinking that might be part of it. i do not want to call unfavorable genetics just yet, also this one seed might be a dud. i have some more PurHaze seeds, so i guess ill see what that one will hold for me on my next grow. i also got some strawberry kush seeds that i am excited to include in my next grow.

Purple haze
Plant type Feminized
Sativa or Indica 30% - 70% Sativa dominant
THC Level High at 17% - 19%
CBD (Medical) Low
Height Average (100/140 cm - 39"/55")
Yield High (±550 gr/m² - ±19 oz/11ft²)
Flowering period Average (65 days)
Climate Sunny / mediterranean
Good for Indoor, Outdoor

Due to holidays I will be leaving the little lady at home for a six days by herself, the first night and I'm a little anxious , hopefully she will do fine and will have grow quite a bit when I get home. She has everything she need I usually run 10 gallon in my RF, which is recommend to run between 10-13 g for optimal "balance" which is important in noise reduction or so they say. Normally every few days I have to refill due to the thirst of this one. but I filled up to twelve before I left so I'm hoping that will last her the duration. Unfortunately no foliar spray during this time and I won't be able to keep an eye on res temp or room temp. Which is concerning I left some windows partially open in a another room and kept the door open which connects the two rooms , hoping that will keep cool air circulating without endangering the plant due to freezing weather , lucky it's only -15 , but forecasted to be reaching -20 later this week, fortunately I do have a small window of opportunity to jump back to my place for a small portion of time on Thursday , picking up the wife who has to finish her week of work ( Muhahaha I was done Tuesday ) ! And assess the temperature then , I don't have an idea on how to replicate the switching of ice bottles when I'm not there tho , hopefully they won't be too high.

Anyway have a happy holiday everyone !

Thanks guys, I'm sure I'm concerned for no reason, and yes it will be wonderful to come home and see some good growth. It seems so slow when you check on her progress several times a day. Kiru and bpo I hope you guys have an amazing holidays and your plants stay nice and heathy.

update: day 52 from pushing thru the medium 55 from seed

Hey Everyone,

Wonderful Christmas, anyway my little plant did quite some growing while i was away she is now 7 1/2 inches ( so 2 inches in height), each node is 1/2 inch apart from each other. wow she was hungry was drank about 5 gallons of water while i was away, only 7 gallons left in the RF66 so i have filling to do! she is looking really well, temps did not seem to bad at all, or she simply did not care about them ha, tomorrow i will be doing some maintenance tonight i am a little too tired haha. i got a light for my camera, so i dont need to turn off the grow light to take a good picture.

DSC_035416.JPG
DSC_035311.JPG
DSC_035215.JPG

thanks TheBlaze,

update day 55 from breaking thru plug day 58 from germ

the little plant is looking very healthy, she had an explosion of root growth sence i went on vacation so thats nice to see especially after the transplant.yesterday and today was res change to straight ro water and back to nutes. plant is looking well i did some trimming the other day helping to clear out the undergrowth.

also i had a lovely Christmas break and this week was a short work week so that is always nice. so i included so pics from vacation, a little look into life up north. it was -30 for a few days haha so i was nice to stay inside.

and then i took photos of before i left ( sorry for poor quality i took on my phone)

IMG_154227.JPG
IMG_154126.JPG

and finally some pictures from today! enjoy!

DSC_03678.JPG
DSC_036212.JPG
DSC_035312.JPG

Some great photos there. It looks damn cold, exactly how I like it. I always find the cold invigorates me, although it doesn't get as cold in South Africa.

Now that you have a bigger root mass, you should start seeing some good growth.

Thanks TheBlaze,

Ha ya I can only imagine how cold it gets in South Africa, i think I would be willing to trade ;p you can have -30 and snow and I can have heat and sun haha

Yes I'm hoping she will have some good growth now. I mean her root mass wasn't underdeveloped in my opinion, but I believe when I made the transplant from DWC to the RF66 the root mass got coiled in the insert instead of hanging down , like in the DWC. So she just needed some time to grow down into the res. The roots are like a curtain now, around 12 inches hanging down from the insert. Even tho she is not very tall (7 1/2 inches) she is 12 inches wide ( from furthest tip to furthest tip ) due to the LST .

Looking good now, I caught up with your journal, you definitely stunted her a bit early on, but these plants are resilient and just keep doing what you are doing currently.

Thanks for stopping by,

Ya I agree haha I abused her a little bit and then abused her some more. Haha what I tell myself to make me feel better is : I had the plan in my mind was set in stone, did research on mainly what was in my plan and then there were some supply issues and grower error. Turned into a DWC which I wasn't fully prepared for and also found out that I wasn't prepared for my plan as much as I thought I was. now it mostly going with the flow, but I think so far it has been a good learning experience, and hopefully I won't make the same mistakes ! I geuss its good to get most of the mistakes out in veg so they can be fixed.Yes they are very resilient good thing too or she might not of survived my abuse !

Those are some bushy plants. Are you going to defol a week before switching to flower?

hey TheBlaze,

i could not get to sleep last night so i began trolling around the 420 site, anyway i came upon your message and did a little research and realized i have gotten quite behind of my defol. so i took your advice and defoliated my plant a little bit, maybe even too much. but she seemed to like it because she grew 2 inches over night ( her day time ). so thanks for your advice. i uploaded some pics. enjoy

DSC_038310.JPG
DSC_038412.JPG

Awesome bud! I love defol. For me, it is easiest of the training methods and doesn't require a long veg period.

yes i think it helped quite a bit, i took some more off of my plant today. the information i read said i should wait a week or so between defoil so the plant has a chance to recover, also selecting the branch with the closes nodes to keep and trim the ones with longer spaces between nodes.

so here is some pictures enjoy.

DSC_039711.JPG
DSC_039615.JPG

Back
Top Bottom