Dreadednorth's First Grow Journal - 2015

Thanks man ,

Question if any has any experience with burnt leaves should I clip the most damaged leaves ( the first set of leaves that are mostly yellow )? Would this allow the plant to focus on the new growth or would it harm photosynthesis production because of the loss of the large leaves ?

update: day 23 from seed . 26 from germ

its been a busy week so its been a while since the last update. the GO nutes have been doing well in my DWC no issues, 2nd week of nutes at 3/8 strength. the little plant has been growing quite a bit since the last update. i clipped the first set of leaves that were damaged, i also changed to my LED lights and included a intake fan and a room fan. so there alot of factors that can be contributed to the large growth i have seen in the last week. over all i am pleased with the progress. i have decided to push my topping to either sunday or monday but i will play it by ear.

the rando seed i found has done nothing in terms of germ i feel nothing will happen with it but i will continue to wait. also no word yet on my rainforrest 66 =( . as you can probaly tell by the pictures alot of growth has happend, the top view wasnt working so well with LED so i took one under normal lights.

DSC_010030.JPG
DSC_010231.JPG
DSC_011022.JPG

She is looking nice and healthy Dread. She should start growing a lot quicker soon.

Have some reps bud.

Hey everyone

As experienced growers could of guessed the organic in DWC ended up as a failure. i had a res change yesterday, this morning there was white foam and after work there was brown foam. i am contributing a bit of the failure to my knowledge of mixing nutes,i come to this conclusion due to the fact that when pouring out res the nutes had not dissolved well. i was reading today that the best way is to mix in fully filled res, then adjust PH, don't mix at the same time give time for nutes to dissolve, stir and provide time before introducing the plant.I didn't do that with my GO products but i am not willing to waste more time seeing if that will fix the problem, but sometimes the best way to learn is thru trial and error. So i acquired H.O.G. ( high output garden) by innovating plant products (not endorsing the product merely providing info on the type of nutes i am using), it was highly recommended the last time i was in the hydro shop, did a little research on it last week and decided to give it a try. i was a bit partial in my decision because of the hydro store stating it was from Vancouver island and i like to support Canadian companies( even local hydro stores that are very expensive ) anyway i did a massive clean, then 1/2 nutes strength hopefully no more issues. plant is still growing lots looking healthy, here is today's picture.

DSC_011522.JPG

update day 30 from seed

hey everyone thanks for the awesome support been a busy week again, half the staff at work were on vacation, got a call from the fraud department at my bank someone transfer $900 out of my account so been dealing with that, finished and submitted a final paper and have a final exam this coming week. so a little behind in reading and posting, but trying to catch up.

Monday i topped my little plant, a little embarrassed because i accidentally cut off a leaf while i was doing that. but she has rebounded and is looking healthy. i had some issues with heat this week but i have fixed that problem after reading some articles and changing the set up of my grow tent a little. having a extracting fan to deal with the heat from the LED , putting the air pump out of the grow tent and bottle with ice in the res. i also have done some sound reducing with my inline fans by putting them in boxes and putting sound deadening foam to fill the boxes.

DSC_015618.JPG

Update day 35 from seed

hey everyone loving the awesome comments thanks a bunch! i got some great news this week this are looking up, last week i cancelled my order for rainforrest 66 got a refund and bought from someone else. last night my package arrived so today i picked it up, washed, set up and transplanted in my RF66. transplanting from my DWC inserts to RF66 inserts was a little challenging but i managed quite well i believe with minimal root damage! unfortunately small portion of roots got caught most 90-95% for the roots got transplanted without damage. i also started some LST today after set up and the growth from topping looking really well.i am laughing at myself because as you will probably be able to tell in the picture where i snipped a leaf during topping. this is because on the opposite side of the plant its opposite leaf is large, the largest on the plant so it seems a bit one sided. last week my plant shed a layer of skin on the lower stem, this week the stem is a lot thicker. Due to the fact that now the plant is higher up( the RF66 is 16inches tall)compared to the DWC(which is 9.5) according to my calculations and that fact that my plant 4 inches tall, my tent is 7.5 and i still want around 20-24 inches from the light at final height. i have 4 feet left to grow and i want to be half my final height when i switch to 12/12 so it can most likely grow another two feet ( the plant would be 28 inches) before i make the switch. please correct me if my math on knowledge is off. anywase here is some pictures, Enjoy!

DSC_018223.JPG
DSC_018326.JPG
DSC_018723.JPG

Yeah bud, another 3 weeks veg should get you there and then flip. She is looking nice and healthy.

update: day 23 from seed . 26 from germ

its been a busy week so its been a while since the last update. the GO nutes have been doing well in my DWC no issues, 2nd week of nutes at 3/8 strength. the little plant has been growing quite a bit since the last update. i clipped the first set of leaves that were damaged, i also changed to my LED lights and included a intake fan and a room fan. so there alot of factors that can be contributed to the large growth i have seen in the last week. over all i am pleased with the progress. i have decided to push my topping to either sunday or monday but i will play it by ear.

the rando seed i found has done nothing in terms of germ i feel nothing will happen with it but i will continue to wait. also no word yet on my rainforrest 66 =( . as you can probaly tell by the pictures alot of growth has happend, the top view wasnt working so well with LED so i took one under normal lights.

DSC_010030.JPG
DSC_010231.JPG
DSC_011022.JPG

Also I was wondering did you cut off your cotyledons or did they fell off their own?

i know it probably was not the smartest idea but it was after the two week mark as i recall, and they were not getting any light anymore sense there were leaves over top hogging the light. i figured they had done as much as they could do. reflecting back it probably stunted my plant for a little while but she seems to have recovered. i dont plan on making it a habit

anyway got trigger happy today so i have a more photos she is getting quite bushy.

DSC_022218.JPG
DSC_022018.JPG

update : day 42 from pushing thru grow medium 45 from germ

hey everyone,

Im still enjoing the RF66, working great, i added my air pump and air stones into the res to give some extra oxy. i gave her first decent trim took away some of the leaves that were hiding in the shade, not doing much and some of the lower branches. she is looking much better.today i did res change to just regular RO water for one day then tomorrow another change, then back to nutes as per the RF66 specifications. emptying the Res was quite easy, didn't take very long either, but i learned from when i first filled it up to have my RO system fill up water in another container before i started to empty. heres some pictures after her hair cut. Enjoy!

DSC_019620.JPG
DSC_019723.JPG
DSC_019920.JPG

hey peoples,

quick update she seems to have enjoyed her nutes break another res change and add some nutes and things are looking good. nutes strength is 75% of recommend amount, i believe i forgot cal/mg last time so i made sure she got some this time, i think i see some slight mg def hopefully this will cheer her up. enjoy.

DSC_020420.JPG
DSC_020821.JPG

Back
Top Bottom