DWC Seedling watering and early veg

I have not used Pyscho Myco, but did a search, that stuff is expensive.

Can you use water bottles to bring the temps down to around 19 or 20c?
yeah temps not much of an issue just seen some thing saying keeping temps between 19-22c so temps i will bring down slightly, but my temps in bucket is around a 1c lower, but will keep an eye an temps so best bucket temp is about 18-20c that right, if so will try bring room temps dwn to 20-21c, but i will just keep an eye on it she not been in the big bucket long, so will bare that in mind,
As for the pyscho myco yeah after the W/W thought i needed summits for the root growth, so went to hydro shop an he reccommened this saying its better, got more in it then great white etc so thats what i got lol, so yeah learning the hard expensive way I guess, but so far so good I think, as didnt use any on W/W an she had no roots at 2wks and theys on the Haze are a good 6in into bucket, just not used any thing like this or done any thing like this so picking it up as I go, and with the help of you guys who have been great so thank you

Right yea I like myco, I use great white. But yes I’m also a bit concerned with your water temp because, we’ll if you look in my “first dwc” link you’ll find some root rot! That was due to my bucket water temp being too high, and light penetration. Your bucket lid for instance is black and soaks up light and heat. If you were to put some metal tape on there it will reflect the heat and also the light back up.
The hydroguard and or z7, to my knowledge is what really helped my roots not get rot, algae etc I believe. The myco is great for roots but I don’t think will help much with protecting roots with raised water temp.
Nowadays I try not to go over 20c for the water.

Your water temp may be 20c now with the light how it is but in the fiture maybe you’ll be cranking the light up in power or lowering it in height, more variables. Much like everything in growing, to me is a balance. Yin Yang. Temp/Rh light/dark
If you can get your hands on some hydro guard you’ll be great in my opinion. Once you get algae and such it’s a pain in the but. I’ve never used foliar so can’t speak on that. Cheers to Friday!

Right yea I like myco, I use great white. But yes I’m also a bit concerned with your water temp because, we’ll if you look in my “first dwc” link you’ll find some root rot! That was due to my bucket water temp being too high, and light penetration. Your bucket lid for instance is black and soaks up light and heat. If you were to put some metal tape on there it will reflect the heat and also the light back up.
The hydroguard and or z7, to my knowledge is what really helped my roots not get rot, algae etc I believe. The myco is great for roots but I don’t think will help much with protecting roots with raised water temp.

Your water temp may be 20c now with the light how it is but in the fiture maybe you’ll be cranking the light up in power or lowering it in height, more variables. Much like everything in growing, to me is a balance. Yin Yang. Temp/Rh light/dark
If you can get your hands on some hydro guard you’ll be great in my opinion. Once you get algae and such it’s a pain in the but. I’ve never used foliar so can’t speak on that. Cheers to Friday!
Yeah thats great will bring temps dwn abit more and going to cover tops in tin foil was just letting plant get a bit taller, then cover in foil, but will keep an extra eye on temps in bucket and will look into the hydro+z7 tried but didnt have any, so we will see how its goes its all a learning curve, an im on the up pmsl for now lol, so yeah will keep out the light keep temps to 20c, and continue doing what ive been doing and we should get there, so have all have a good wkend enjoy and thank you

Covering the buckets should only make a difference in the first couple of weeks. After that the leaves/canopy should keep most of the light/heat from hitting the top of the bucket.

Covering the buckets should only make a difference in the first couple of weeks. After that the leaves/canopy should keep most of the light/heat from hitting the top of the bucket.
More so if you’re using a scrog net and know what you’re doing. Myself not so much. This is my light penetration currently after taking down about 8 bud stalks and no net

6CD58F47-6539-4EB7-9C16-4586982CC423.jpeg

More so if you’re using a scrog net and know what you’re doing. Myself not so much. This is my light penetration currently after taking down about 8 bud stalks and no net

6CD58F47-6539-4EB7-9C16-4586982CC423.jpeg
just doing 1 plant to start with so I can learn what im doing, and understand it all before expanding and upgrading, so just getting to grips with as much as i can, from this 1, then going to upgrade lights mybe 3-4 pots etc, at least then i will have some sort of idea about what Im doing lol
but yeah i will come up with summits to block out the light for long haul being this in mind

If you are using an 8cmpot you will have to use a net or stay below half meter tall. The roots are the anchor for the plant to stay stable. 15cm pot good for up to a meter and 20cm pot up to 1.5 meters tall. Temp can increase your chances of brown slime on roots. Hydrogen peroxide will prevent/kill brown slime. Warmer the water the less O2 it can hold so you can increase air to compensate. You can float bottles of chilled water or wrap the bucket in a wet towel with a fan to lower the temps a bit.

Don't adjust your nutrients to hit a PPM. There are 3 different scales for PPM. Feed based on the feed chart. Use the PPM meter to note changes in nutrient not the actual value.

If you are using an 8cmpot you will have to use a net or stay below half meter tall. The roots are the anchor for the plant to stay stable. 15cm pot good for up to a meter and 20cm pot up to 1.5 meters tall. Temp can increase your chances of brown slime on roots. Hydrogen peroxide will prevent/kill brown slime. Warmer the water the less O2 it can hold so you can increase air to compensate. You can float bottles of chilled water or wrap the bucket in a wet towel with a fan to lower the temps a bit.

Don't adjust your nutrients to hit a PPM. There are 3 different scales for PPM. Feed based on the feed chart. Use the PPM meter to note changes in nutrient not the actual value.
went with 11cm in the end as the 8cm was to small like you said, the W/W is in a 8cm net cup, but she in a small pot now, but on this advise previously, went upto 11cm net pot for the Royal Haze,
Got some H202 if needed, but will take it all on board, as now got temps dwn to 19-20c so its best to keep temps between like 18-20c is that right less chance of root rot, so will keep that mind, just trying to learn as much as I can, and take it all, as if I can get it right and get the plants to the end and grow some weed not expecting much like 1oz would be great from 1st go, but Im in it for the long haul, as this arthritis or knee replacement not getting any better, so wanted to grow my own to try an save my money, but all expense so far lol but will be worth it the end,

And as for the nutes just been giving what is says, and yeah things are abit more clearer now with the ppms, as like you said theres 3 different scales, so someone sent me a chart with all it on, so going to be going by EC as thats constant init, so will take in what you said about ppm an use it to see what the plants taken up, out of it, is that about right,
And if Ive altered the amount of nutes given, Ive always given the nutes in the right ratio, so if it said 1ml G 1ml M 1ml B if Iwas going to change that to lower ppm would give like 0.3ml of each, that way ratio stay correct and in proportion, does that sound about right to you guys

I am metric challenged due to geography. Just realized you were aiming for 18c (64Fht) res.
Lower temps can hold more O2 in suspension and decrease the chances of root rot (brown slime) because the fungus can not thrive in lower temps. If you get too low the roots have the same problem with growing in low temp. The chemical reactions slow down or stop thus slowing or stopping nutrient uptake. If you keep the environment reasonably clean and temps at or bellow 26c (80fht) root rot should not be a problem. Assuming the res is light tight and plenty of aeration.

I have had at least 4 DWC running nonstop for the last 5 years. Before that I only ran one or two. I have had one case of early brown slime during a 43c(110fht) heat wave and AC failure. Res rose to 35c (95fht). Frozen water bottles got me back to 27c, hydrogen peroxide killed the slime and plant was fine. Only time I use any root products is hormones to start clones. In the winter I use aquarium heaters to keep the water over 20C (-20c outside concrete floor) or my plants stop growing and develop deficiencies.

yeah got temps down to 19c in bucket 20c in room, covered hydroton with foil to keep light out, so yeah your right what ive picked so far is to keep things stable and its about finding that balance your right, so will keep temps down to 18-20c H 50% so just finding my roots lol so taking it all in Im in for the long haul, so will deffo look into the hydroguard ,z7, going forward will look into the Z7 tried getting hydro but no joy, but I will look into this for sure, deffo the way forward so will put it into the pipe line for when finances allow,
So thanks for this the more I get to learn the better, so all ears, and will just add it all to my data collection, so learning more by the wk, still a way to go yet, had no issues to deal with yet nute wise, so just watching how she takes this first feed, and go from there, I know my EC an PPMs are high, but she seems to be coping, so I will keep this in mind, as Ive switched to EC instead of ppm, so as not to overfeed like I have with ppm,

So moving ahead will add some hydro or Z7 to the list, go by the EC keep temps max 20c, and cover buckets if necessary and just watch plant for any change then act accordingly, but of course I will be shouting out to you guys my friends, and see what you think before I dive in, so just going to keep on this course for now, an wait for her to show me any signs, just leaving her be and just will do my daily photo EC PH checks, so thanks guys will leave you all to enjoy your wkend, so if theres any issues I will give you shout lol HELPPPP! LOL

I am metric challenged due to geography. Just realized you were aiming for 18c (64Fht) res.
Lower temps can hold more O2 in suspension and decrease the chances of root rot (brown slime) because the fungus can not thrive in lower temps. If you get too low the roots have the same problem with growing in low temp. The chemical reactions slow down or stop thus slowing or stopping nutrient uptake. If you keep the environment reasonably clean and temps at or bellow 26c (80fht) root rot should not be a problem. Assuming the res is light tight and plenty of aeration.

I have had at least 4 DWC running nonstop for the last 5 years. Before that I only ran one or two. I have had one case of early brown slime during a 43c(110fht) heat wave and AC failure. Res rose to 35c (95fht). Frozen water bottles got me back to 27c, hydrogen peroxide killed the slime and plant was fine. Only time I use any root products is hormones to start clones. In the winter I use aquarium heaters to keep the water over 20C (-20c outside concrete floor) or my plants stop growing and develop deficiencies.
thats great we on the same page now, so yeah was keeping temps at 22c but dropping down to 18/19c res temps to 20-21c room temps, but will keep temps on the low side best to be safe then sorry, so yeah thanks for this,just getting to that balancing point and understanding it all now, esp cos Im doing it now not just reading an watching clips, so just putting all that research to work so its a success hopefully lol learnt so much already and still so much more to learn thats about 20% another 80% to learn or more lol, so all ears and taking it all in,

Im going to upgrade to a marshydro ts1000 once I know what Im doing, this is like a dry run if you like, so I can learn all the basics, about every thing so I can take this to the next stage Knowing what Im actually doing this time round, as I will have some experience then, some data to work from, and an understanding what im doing an why, so I will be able to get the most out of this grow as they shouldnt be to many mistakes, as ive learnt alot of lessons already, so it will put me on the front foot and give me every chance to make sure its a success

QUICK UPDATE
Just been an checked my EC down to 0.88 ph 6.05 so did the same as yesterday added 1ml M 2ml B raised back upto EC 0.97, so got my baseline now just finding that balance and we should be good, so will leave it to and do my checks now tomoz, an so how she is

QUICK UPDATE ON FEED
Just done my daily checks, EC0.97 PH 6.05 so nothing taken today, but I think the water level as gone down slightly, so just going to start checking water level, as I take it thats a good sign and what Im what looking for? so done nothing today and left her be, so going forward will monitor water levels now, and try see how much shes drinking, and just monitor EC/PH TEMPS as normal, so when the EC lowers again, should I top it up back upto EC0.97 or should I raise the EC to 1 or 1.1, or should I leave it

Water level tells you how much she drinks and ec tells you how much she ate.
Water drops and ec remains the same she is eating and drinking the same amount, perfect mix. :thumb:
water drops and EC raises. Too much food just add water to drop EC back down.
EC drops faster than water level. Not enough food.
EC raises and water stays high. Plant is way over fed and flushing nutrient back into the res.

As EC climbs the PH drops and vice versa.

Water drops and ec remains the same she is eating and drinking the same amount, perfect mix. :thumb:
EC raises and water stays high. Plant is way over fed and flushing nutrient back into the res.

thats great thanks for that buddy so good signs then

UPDATE:

Just been an done my morning checks EC stable at 0.96 PH6.05 and water level has dropped a few mm, so thats a good sign I take it, as she had her fill now drinking the water, so things look to be going well so far, no adverse effects from feed, and shes growing fast, so just going to keep up with what ive been doing and just leaving her to it, just doing my daily checks, so when the EC comes back down again, I will raise it back up, depending on how much as be taken up, and will just keep it at a similar range to the last feed, so if its took more then the last feed should I increase it slightly from last feed?

So just getting to grips now with my feeding schedule and understanding how to adjust to keep that optimal balance, learning so much just a case of watching waiting an adjusting accordingly, so will start to monitor water level and add to my notes,

So thanks guys Im getting there, learned so much and still so much to learn, but Im the right place you guys have all been great, and who knows I might be the one giving advice 1 day pmsl, still a long road ahead like, but Im in it for the long haul, being disabled Im mainly house bound as cant walk far or stand as I need a knee replacement, but since joining this wonderful site with you very nice people, my MH has improved with keeping me busy, and giving me a new interest which has is keeping my mind busy, as you can imagine I have alot of time on my hands, and its me keeping busy, so theres alot of positives already, cant wait to get my first grow under my belt, and that will be a BIG+ and big savings hopefully lol.

Hope you guys all had a great wkend, and I wish you all the best for the wk ahead stay safe and be happy

thanks buddy so things looking good and are were they should be, understanding so much more now, Im getting there, so will take all that on board and add it to my notes, so thanks buddy and hope your well and all the best for the wk ahead be happy an enjoy

HI PEEPS

Well its the start of day 8 in 4gl bucket, so its about that time for water change? So again using my tap water which as been standing overnight being airated, so I will do the same as the the last one 3ml Calmag 1ml Micro 2ml Bloom 1tsp pyscho myco, should give me the same EC so going to keep it at around 0.97 but will see what its at 1st, and adjust EC on what current EC now, (not done my checks yet) but will go off those numbers weather to higher or lower it, LAST NIGHT!

TODAY!

So thats the plan for the next stage, just going to do my rounds get my data in, and go from there, and adjust nutes accordingly, but if EC the same or higher then I need to lower EC from last feed, is that right? so just had my meds (joint) now 2 coffees lol need my caffine pmsl then I well get these numbers and prepare water feed and get bucket ready, but just wanna make sure Im doing it right and not missing something out, so does this sound right or is something missing?

Just done a check, my data coming in as PH dropped to 5.85, EC stable, Water level the same,

So yeah thinks its time for a res change, so going by my above data, I will follow above data, but will lower my starting EC this time round, will try get below the 0.97, can always increase later, so does this all sound good to you guys, before I do any thing.
went off that last nightS data, thats why i prepped water last last night to change over, going off what that was saying, so changed over res just did same as last time round 3ml Calmag 3ml M 6ml BL EC 0.97 PH 5,87 I also gave 0,5 tsp of that pyscho myco to res and this time I sprinkles 0.5 tsp directly sprinkled over roots but prob wasted alot, maybe will water it on directly mixed using a syringe to apply direct, but will see how she goes, but thats where I am atm, will do the same as the last wk and see how she goes,

Had a good look at the roots they look great bright white, but I did notice a few small brown like blobs, only a couple so is that just normal the plant digesting the food, but apart from that all going strong on the Royal haze front as she sits at about 8" H 6" W now,

And in regards to the poor old W/W she is picking up strongly now, but she going to be a miniature so just started to do a little bit of training as will be thinking about this for the royal haze at the wkend, so will just see how the W/W takes to it and we will see, but looks like I managed to save her, so things going strong in a growing sense, and yeah so how she turns out in the end,

So thanks guys well just going to let do her thing and just watch do my data checks and go from there, if any thing comes up will give you guys a shout

QUICK PIC GROWING FAST NOW

20220608_151657.jpg

Back
Top Bottom