DWC Seedling watering and early veg

QUICK UPDATE
Checked on her after res change and feed, started at EC 0.97 PH 5.87, now water level dropped slightly, EC down to 0.95 PH up 6,4, so lowered PH back to 5,8, so will leave her be for tonight, as thats just what I wanted to see, so will do checks tomoz and see where shes at, then go from there,

quick pic of growth, growing fast, will be doing some training on her soon, the W/W seems to becoming on strong now, she going to be small, but she just started taking off, so just started some light stress training, an she reponding well, getting new growth all over now,

20220608_151636.jpg

20220608_151657.jpg

Glanced through the thread and i didn't see you state what nutes you are using ... By your terminology I'm assuming you are using genral hydroponics ...if thats the case get the Hardwater Micro to use with your tap water ...also with yourt ppm being in the 200's you shouldn't have to use cal mag as you more than likely have over 70ppm of calcium in your water ..however you would need to have it analyzed to be for sure ... She is looking good and for buckets / non chilled hydroponic's I do love me some hydroguard .

Glanced through the thread and i didn't see you state what nutes you are using ... By your terminology I'm assuming you are using genral hydroponics ...if thats the case get the Hardwater Micro to use with your tap water ...also with yourt ppm being in the 200's you shouldn't have to use cal mag as you more than likely have over 70ppm of calcium in your water ..however you would need to have it analyzed to be for sure ... She is looking good and for buckets / non chilled hydroponic's I do love me some hydroguard .
Thanks for that:
Yeah using GH nutes, just the Micro an Bloom have got the grow to, just keeping things as simple as poss, to start with, when I got my nutes, didnt know or understand any thing about growing then, didnt know they did an hard water 1 you see, but yeah Im aware of that now, and yeah had a look at my local water report, and yeah it has cal-mag in it and on average figures comes to about C 70-85ppm M 29-34ppm, and my tap water comes out at a total 330, so this time round did 10l tap 5l bottled water, and came in around 270-280 ppm, but yeah its a work in progress, learning an picking up as much as can, its all trial an error and finding what works for me, as we all different, but just like to take all the advise and take it all in and understand as much as I can, about growing and all thats involved, so still learning so much each wk, its got me hooked,
And as for the hydroguard did try to get some but just cant seem to get hold of it, been using this pyscho myco which as fungi bacteria mycorriza all in it, so this stuff has alot of good stuff in, abit like recharge, but yeah will be deffo looking about for hydroG, going forward?
As for my water, going on what you was saying above, next time round will lower CalMag, due to it being in my tap, so as not to disrupt things will lower it over a few wks going ahead, and see how she goes, so thanks for that buddy will take that all on board thank you

you definitely want to get the hardwater micro as it is specially formulated for hard water ...using regular micro with hard water can result in nutrient uptake issues ....it actually states that on their website ... I'm certain that you are fine using the beneficial bacteria that you have . You just have to watch it as some of the beneficial bacteria like mycostop can drop ph . I am not familiar with the brand you are using .

you definitely want to get the hardwater micro as it is specially formulated for hard water ...using regular micro with hard water can result in nutrient uptake issues ....it actually states that on their website ... I'm certain that you are fine using the beneficial bacteria that you have . You just have to watch it as some of the beneficial bacteria like mycostop can drop ph . I am not familiar with the brand you are using .
Thank you my friend for stopping by, thanks for that, as didnt know at 1st they did 1 for hard water, but yeah deffo be getting that 1 for next run, but i was aware my tap ppm was very high at 320-340 ppm, so started with bottled at 100 and gradually brought it up to 330 with nutes added, allowed her to adjust for few days then went with like 10l tap water 5l bottled water, then went from there just so I can continue with tap water, so yeah thanks for that much appreciated for stopping by just learning as much as I can, from this 1st run, so then can put it all together what ive learned and put it together with less mistakes made, so all ears and taking it all, as like they say I can research all I want, but best to learn by our mistakes, so just figuring it all out as i go, so always happy to listen to any advice so just jump aboard and ask away, just wanna make 2nd run the one, so just using this 1st one to learn everything about DWC and plant science etc, so I can learn as much about growing as I can, so I can make it a success in the long run, as thats what is all about realy, trying to provide and grow my medicine that has cost so much over the yrs, and now now sick of the poor quality, so just made sense to grow my own, then I can grow the strain best suited to my arthritis MH etc, so yeah thanks guy this site has been great, learned so much, from such nice people, so happy growing my friends and enjoy the wkend ahead and stay safe an be happy

Hi guys just a quick update on things, just done my morning lights on checks, an all looking good so far, EC down to 0.88, PH 5.9, not much change in water level, so left her be now watching for water level to drop, before adding any more feed, so will do my checks tonight, and in morning, and go from there depending what my data says, so if its gone down, will bring it back up to where it was EC 0.97, and then see how it goes again, but then after that feed, I will bring EC up to 1.0, but for now she growing really well, well pleased with how this one is going RH, so thanks guys will see whats what tomoz and go from there, so you guys have a great wkend, be happy stay safe and have a blast!!!!!!

UPDATE W/W

well after yesterdays mishap, left her in PH neutral tap water, with PH dropping down to 4.5, after a few hrs she picked up, and now looking great considering its 3x broken stem poor girl, but back on to fed again EC 0,88 ph 5,9, she going to be a short plant but she growing quickly now, so we will see what she becomes in the end, deffo learned me a few lessons she has, so just letting her do her thing now an see what the data says tomoz and take it from there,

So thanks for stopping by guys have great wkend and enjoy!!!

Thank you my friend for stopping by, thanks for that, as didnt know at 1st they did 1 for hard water, but yeah deffo be getting that 1 for next run, but i was aware my tap ppm was very high at 320-340 ppm, so started with bottled at 100 and gradually brought it up to 330 with nutes added, allowed her to adjust for few days then went with like 10l tap water 5l bottled water, then went from there just so I can continue with tap water, so yeah thanks for that much appreciated for stopping by just learning as much as I can, from this 1st run, so then can put it all together what ive learned and put it together with less mistakes made, so all ears and taking it all, as like they say I can research all I want, but best to learn by our mistakes, so just figuring it all out as i go, so always happy to listen to any advice so just jump aboard and ask away, just wanna make 2nd run the one, so just using this 1st one to learn everything about DWC and plant science etc, so I can learn as much about growing as I can, so I can make it a success in the long run, as thats what is all about realy, trying to provide and grow my medicine that has cost so much over the yrs, and now now sick of the poor quality, so just made sense to grow my own, then I can grow the strain best suited to my arthritis MH etc, so yeah thanks guy this site has been great, learned so much, from such nice people, so happy growing my friends and enjoy the wkend ahead and stay safe an be happy
I understand and support your eagerness to learn . I will say that you will have a more positive learning experiance if you get the micro for hard water . Why? simply because gh states that regular micro in hard water can affect nutrient uptake ....with any hydro you have to focus not only on the root system of the plant but the nutrient solution as well because hydroponics is all about uptake :) .....see if you start to see a nutrient deficiency at some point during the grow it could be caused by the micro you are using or the feed level ( ec / ppm ) if your ph is in order issue in the root zone ....to have the ability to properly narrow it down you have to make sure that the solution you are putting her in is setting you both up to win ....I get it why spent more money when you already have something that could work .... the reason is to set you up for sucess in not only not having issues but being able to quicky get any that may arise quickly corrected .

if it makes you feel better i have 1 unopened gallon of their regular micro sitting next to the gallon of hardwater micro because i didn't know they had hard water micro when i originally ordered it .

Hi guys just a quick update on things, just done my morning lights on checks, an all looking good so far, EC down to 0.88, PH 5.9, not much change in water level, so left her be now watching for water level to drop, before adding any more feed, so will do my checks tonight, and in morning, and go from there depending what my data says, so if its gone down, will bring it back up to where it was EC 0.97, and then see how it goes again, but then after that feed, I will bring EC up to 1.0, but for now she growing really well, well pleased with how this one is going RH, so thanks guys will see whats what tomoz and go from there, so you guys have a great wkend, be happy stay safe and have a blast!!!!!!

UPDATE W/W

well after yesterdays mishap, left her in PH neutral tap water, with PH dropping down to 4.5, after a few hrs she picked up, and now looking great considering its 3x broken stem poor girl, but back on to fed again EC 0,88 ph 5,9, she going to be a short plant but she growing quickly now, so we will see what she becomes in the end, deffo learned me a few lessons she has, so just letting her do her thing now an see what the data says tomoz and take it from there,

So thanks for stopping by guys have great wkend and enjoy!!!
sorry to hear you had a mishap ....... just know that drastic swings in ph can give your plant/plants ph burn

What does pH burn look like on cannabis?

d9GcQCsDJLQ264HOX_2lm0gJ-ljbAu-kd6VBEqDKtRbD2eSw&s.jpg

Leaf tips are bending or curling. Leaf tips turn yellow or brown—the plant is trying to get rid of excess nutrients and sends them to its furthest reaches. Leaves turn an extreme or oversaturated deep green colour—this indicates over fertilisation.Sep 9, 2021

QUICK UPDATE
Checked on her after res change and feed, started at EC 0.97 PH 5.87, now water level dropped slightly, EC down to 0.95 PH up 6,4, so lowered PH back to 5,8, so will leave her be for tonight, as thats just what I wanted to see, so will do checks tomoz and see where shes at, then go from there,

quick pic of growth, growing fast, will be doing some training on her soon, the W/W seems to becoming on strong now, she going to be small, but she just started taking off, so just started some light stress training, an she reponding well, getting new growth all over now,

20220608_151636.jpg

20220608_151657.jpg
Careful with the foil from my experience it increases risk of mildew and mold. Just be watchful. I’m also a first time DWC grower. You check out my journal and maybe see how I’ve solved some things.

Careful with the foil from my experience it increases risk of mildew and mold. Just be watchful. I’m also a first time DWC grower. You check out my journal and maybe see how I’ve solved some things.
thanks for stopping by my friend I will be making sure to have a look an see what I can pick up from your grow, so yeah will bare that in mind and and check an change it, so thanks for that,

I understand and support your eagerness to learn . I will say that you will have a more positive learning experiance if you get the micro for hard water . Why? simply because gh states that regular micro in hard water can affect nutrient uptake ....with any hydro you have to focus not only on the root system of the plant but the nutrient solution as well because hydroponics is all about uptake :) .....see if you start to see a nutrient deficiency at some point during the grow it could be caused by the micro you are using or the feed level ( ec / ppm ) if your ph is in order issue in the root zone ....to have the ability to properly narrow it down you have to make sure that the solution you are putting her in is setting you both up to win ....I get it why spent more money when you already have something that could work .... the reason is to set you up for sucess in not only not having issues but being able to quicky get any that may arise quickly corrected .

if it makes you feel better i have 1 unopened gallon of their regular micro sitting next to the gallon of hardwater micro because i didn't know they had hard water micro when i originally ordered it .
thanks for this advise me friend, will deffo keep an eye an this closely, and if I do run into nute def or burn, will take this into account when trying to solve it, as a newbie been watching closely for any changes in her and taking daily pics to refer back to, Ive printed out some general nute def an excess identity charts, aswell EC and plant symptons charts to refer to if something comes up,
So for now just monitoring the feed, PH water levels, as my baseline water is 350 ppm with Calmag, and the other 150pp is the M and B 1:2 so will keep things in a similar range as things going ok so far, but if she dicides to eat more then last feed, will slightly increase feed, and yeah your right about being able to identify the issue and treat it accordingly asap, and this will come in time and Im quite confident now that if summits pops up like that, will try to identify to start, then ask out to you guys and see what you guys think is the issue, and go from there, not just gunner jump in from the off my pal did that and made it 10x worse, but Im sure with all the help Ive recieved off all the nice helpful people on here we will find a solution, lol but I have learnt that they are very resilient and can take alot, yes of cause overoll yield will be effected agreed, but they can recover slightly, as cant believe the progress the W/W has started to make, thought she was a gonner,
But thanks peeps for all the help and advise its been great learning from you guys in the know, with your tried an tested methods, so always willing to listen an take on advise given by you guys who got many T;shirts lol so thanks guys and wish you all the best with your grow and enjoy your wkend be happy an have a blast

QUICK UPDATE

Well guys just been an done my morning rounds, so last nights numbers came in at EC 0.88 PH 5.9, been and checked now EC 0.75,PH 6.05 so increased her EC by adding 1ml M, 2ml B, brought EC upto 1.0 and PH 5.78, water level not moved alot but dropped very slightly, so just going to watch and see how shes take the increase, and will do a little check later on, and let her do her thing and she seems to be coming on strong now,

Wasnt to sure about topping, but wanted to give a go on one of the plants, so with whats happened to the poor old W/W didnt want to add to her stress, so topped the white widow, but I topped at the 3rd node, and yeah think I should of topped at the 4;5 node, but its done now I did think it was the 4th, but it want, but that was 48hrs ago now and no ill effects so far, but thats another lesson ive learned to top 4 or 5 node,

58367-20220611141229.jpg

58366-20220611141321.jpg

Right yea I like myco, I use great white. But yes I’m also a bit concerned with your water temp because, we’ll if you look in my “first dwc” link you’ll find some root rot! That was due to my bucket water temp being too high, and light penetration. Your bucket lid for instance is black and soaks up light and heat. If you were to put some metal tape on there it will reflect the heat and also the light back up.
The hydroguard and or z7, to my knowledge is what really helped my roots not get rot, algae etc I believe. The myco is great for roots but I don’t think will help much with protecting roots with raised water temp.
Nowadays I try not to go over 20c for the water.

Your water temp may be 20c now with the light how it is but in the fiture maybe you’ll be cranking the light up in power or lowering it in height, more variables. Much like everything in growing, to me is a balance. Yin Yang. Temp/Rh light/dark
If you can get your hands on some hydro guard you’ll be great in my opinion. Once you get algae and such it’s a pain in the but. I’ve never used foliar so can’t speak on that. Cheers to Friday!
thanks guys all your assistance as been amazing,,just going over what i learned,,,and getting ready to go again,,,so just doubling checking and getting everything prepared,,,but thanks guys,,,was well pleased to pull over 200g dry,,so looking to hit that 1000g 1kg,,,,and thats a big ask for a 2nd grow I know,,,but I planned to hit about 60-90 for that 1st grow would of been well pleased but to hit over 200,,,like amazing,,,so with all that in mind from the 1st grow,,and I topped her to early 3rd node should of been the 5th,,,,and could of done some more LST to to increase yield,,,,so for this next run filling out my room with 3-4 plants this time so I think that 1kg is achiveable with the right strain,,,so thats what Im heading for if I pull 50% be well impressed with a 1lb,,,,so for this 2nd grow I have a Bruce Banner F3,,,Barneys Zittles OG auto,,,and an Alien Gorrilla Fem,,, in the seedling stage,,,,but had some issues the zkittles is all mutilated and funked up,,,the Alien Gorrilla is doing great and looking healthy,,,as for the BB f3 she got nuked,,,poor girl,,mixed up an gave her wrong fed,,,1200ppm and burnt her to crisp,,,but she making a come back now and shes coming along nice,,,,she burnt up 1 set of leaves and they been removed,,,but flushed the hell out of her and drenchend her,,,this was about 1wk ago now and ye she pulling through now looking good just nuseing her to full health,,,so she all re-set and ready to go,,,just took off germination chamber lid and now giving a light breeze to strengthen stems etc,,,as the BB as alot further along then the others 4wk,,,so now shes recovering going to get her ready for the bucket,,,,she got some good roots popping now so time to move her to the veg stage and begin feeding,,,making sure not to mix up my bottles all labelled now pmsl,,,,so thanks guys its been amazing time and learned alot from that 1st grow,,,cant wait to see how this next 1 goes,,,so thanks guys

thanks for this advise me friend, will deffo keep an eye an this closely, and if I do run into nute def or burn, will take this into account when trying to solve it, as a newbie been watching closely for any changes in her and taking daily pics to refer back to, Ive printed out some general nute def an excess identity charts, aswell EC and plant symptons charts to refer to if something comes up,
So for now just monitoring the feed, PH water levels, as my baseline water is 350 ppm with Calmag, and the other 150pp is the M and B 1:2 so will keep things in a similar range as things going ok so far, but if she dicides to eat more then last feed, will slightly increase feed, and yeah your right about being able to identify the issue and treat it accordingly asap, and this will come in time and Im quite confident now that if summits pops up like that, will try to identify to start, then ask out to you guys and see what you guys think is the issue, and go from there, not just gunner jump in from the off my pal did that and made it 10x worse, but Im sure with all the help Ive recieved off all the nice helpful people on here we will find a solution, lol but I have learnt that they are very resilient and can take alot, yes of cause overoll yield will be effected agreed, but they can recover slightly, as cant believe the progress the W/W has started to make, thought she was a gonner,
But thanks peeps for all the help and advise its been great learning from you guys in the know, with your tried an tested methods, so always willing to listen an take on advise given by you guys who got many T;shirts lol so thanks guys and wish you all the best with your grow and enjoy your wkend be happy an have a blast

20220908_133440.jpg

20220908_133618.jpg

20220908_133410.jpg

its not foil,,its some sort of styrofoam,,,I used it on the last run to cover the rockwool,,,and prevent algea from growing,,,so when I place them into the bucket,,,will have some hydroton on the bottom and sides and will cover the tops to keep out the light,,,I used foil on the last run,,,and someone said summits similar,,,might of been you in fact,,,so stopped using it then,,,,its similar to those neoprene collers you get,,,,but thanks for that my friend hope alls growing well yourside and alls well

The foil can trap moisture in the clay balls creating ideal environment for nasty things to grow. It can also create hot spots. Creases in the foil act like a parabolic lenses on the bottom of the leaves. The point in the clay balls is to stop the light but allow air flow.
or was you talking about the foil covers on the pics above in buckets,,,as they was from the last grow
#

Back
Top Bottom