Early Sexing Clones In Hempy Cups

I also have a 24” x 24” I use for drying which is pretty small for any living plants IMO. Although I think I’ll put my cloner in there eventually.

I have a 20 site bubble cloner that fits in my 24x24 area with a few small mother plants.
Planning to keep 2 small moms and the cloner there, then move them to veg on the other side, etc.

Just a couple of pictures of the tops of my #1&#2 clones. They are about 3 to 3.5 inches long and sparkle with Trichs.

Over the pass couple of days I've been harvesting some clones from my Gold Leaf Golden Girls and Gorilla Grape.

The original purpose of this thread was to early sex my first grow a Skywalker I named Rey. She is almost to harvest herself. I will post some yields of the three clones I originally took when I started this thread when ready to be weighed.

In the meantime, Gorilla Grape is an unknown regarding sex. The Gold Leafs are supposed to be Fem'd. So I have 7 Clones from Gilda and 5 from Goldie and the little single in the middle on the edge is Gorilla Grape. Fingers crossed for a young lady. As soon as I see some roots on this one it will go into a small Hempy Cup and directly into the Flower tent light schedule, to start some stretch.
Opps, I forgot to add the picture.

I've been actually having a great time creating Clones. So far out of my 2nd grow with SLH, Gold Leaf and a GrapeApe I have 8 clones moved up and happy in 32oz Stadium Hempy Cups.

I was going to early sex the GrapeApe as it's a Regular Photo, however I fried my first little clone I took and the second one hasn't sprouted roots out through the Root Riot yet. About the time I get it into a Hempy Cup it will be time to put the Donor GrapeApe into the flower tent.

So in this picture we have Super Lemon Haze in the pink cups. And Gold Leaf in the Blue. I have one GrapeApe clone in the propagation tray along with one more Gold Leaf from Goldie. Four more from Gilda, though at least one looks really marginal.

I'm planning on vegging for as long as I can in the clone tote box, as I'm planning on using the Veg tent to dry my first grow plant Rey because of her size.

This picture though is also a great opportunity to show the final fixing of the light to the lid. I used Nylon Standoffs with long screws down through the lid and into the light. This allows for the light to give the lid mounted Fan space to draw air also. It's actually quite tidy. The only thing I've found is the tote can run quite warm. During early cloning I was turning one of the bulbs off by twisting it. Clones really don't need a lot of light and would prefer a more medium temp.

That cooler is sweet!
Thanks, All total the cost of materials not including the light totals under $55. First was the Storage Tote, a 45 gallon tote at Target for under $19, Refelxtix in the 16' x 25' roll for under $17, 3M contact cement for under $6 on Amazon. A small USB powered fan for $5 at Fry's. Screws and Standoffs around $8. I initial started only with light and now switched up to LED's in both tents, so the T5 is surplus.

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom