Grow =

SOG

8x12 room
4x8 raised bed fabric planter with pvc frame
2000w HID
14000 btu a/c
1500w oil filled heater
6" exhaust fan cooling hoods
humidifiers (can make it rain if I want)
70 pint dehumidifier

VPD is on par
fan blowing up at ceiling and makes plat tops wiggle just right

Nectar For The God nutrients

Plants are just setting into flower, got their fuzzy white hats on, were looking healthy, had a pest problem (aphids) but the thousands of lady bugs and defoliating any leaves with evidence seems to have taken care of that issue...

Top of soil was dry, let the garden dry some more, plants were praying to the light the entire grow, only had a couple plants which showed what seemed to be a nute issue but not too major, nothing strange just whatever, didnt bother me just needed a little nute correction.....

After watering last night, I saw no issues for a few hours so everything should have been ok, plants still looking good, praying and then I went to bed.

Woke up went in just as lights were shuutting down and OMG WTF AAAAAHHHHHH!!!

My plants in the back towards the wall are laying down, like the roots just lost hold.

I think my soil has too much Perlite and now is too loose to keep my plants upright.

Is that possible?

The plants are 4ft tall.... I cant really get to the back ones without taking out the front, if I have to put into buckets at this point I cant, I have no way to give them light and not nearly enough room for the number of buckets I might need.

I dont know what to do....lights are off for 11 more hours....

Help Please

0925201001[1].jpg
0908202048_HDR[1].jpg

Not an expert here...... but too much perlite does not sound right. Bluter and the hempy growers are using 100% perlite and have massive plants in little 2 gallon trash cans. I think their main problem is keeping the buckets from tipping over because the biomass outweighs the container. Not sure what can be done

Good luck

Not an expert here...... but too much perlite does not sound right. Bluter and the hempy growers are using 100% perlite and have massive plants in little 2 gallon trash cans. I think their main problem is keeping the buckets from tipping over because the biomass outweighs the container. Not sure what can be done

Good luck
buckets have side walls which support root ball, I think thats my issue, no side support for root ball and plants growing faster than roots so with loose soil it is not good... I think thats whats going on...

A couple of questions. In your first message you said the plants are 4 foot high. It that 4 feet from the top of the Perlite or 4 feet from the floor to the top of the plant?

Other question is did you plant seeds or are the plants from clones?

As for the emergency, I am with @013 when he says that to much Perlite should not be the cause of the problem. There are people growing with soil mixes that are 50% or more Perlite and some Hempy growers use what is pretty much a 100% Perlite mix.

Sounds like you are saying that there is no way to reach the back of the tent so you probably cannot tell us if one plant fell over or if a couple fell. But, the Bamboo stakes should work if you can reach over and push them into the soil mix near the main stem and then tie the floppy stems to the stake.

You could see if you could put some Hydroton around the stem but I am not sure if that will work without being able to visualize what the plant looks like where it comes out of the soil.

buckets have side walls which support root ball, I think thats my issue, no side support for root ball and plants growing faster than roots so with loose soil it is not good... I think thats whats going on...
If the plants are in a single raised bed then the roots would be able to grow as far out to the side as they can. The roots from one plant would grow into the root ball from the next plant over. This should actually help keep any one single plant from coming loose and falling over. It is as if all the roots form one large root ball.

Good luck and remember that there is a way out of the problem.

A couple of questions. In your first message you said the plants are 4 foot high. It that 4 feet from the top of the Perlite or 4 feet from the floor to the top of the plant?

Other question is did you plant seeds or are the plants from clones?

As for the emergency, I am with @013 when he says that to much Perlite should not be the cause of the problem. There are people growing with soil mixes that are 50% or more Perlite and some Hempy growers use what is pretty much a 100% Perlite mix.

Sounds like you are saying that there is no way to reach the back of the tent so you probably cannot tell us if one plant fell over or if a couple fell. But, the Bamboo stakes should work if you can reach over and push them into the soil mix near the main stem and then tie the floppy stems to the stake.

You could see if you could put some Hydroton around the stem but I am not sure if that will work without being able to visualize what the plant looks like where it comes out of the soil.

If the plants are in a single raised bed then the roots would be able to grow as far out to the side as they can. The roots from one plant would grow into the root ball from the next plant over. This should actually help keep any one single plant from coming loose and falling over. It is as if all the roots form one large root ball.

Good luck and remember that there is a way out of the problem.
4ft from soil level, 18" deep fabric raised bed....

Clones......

room is 8' wide, planter is 8' wide cannot reach over or around

Am going to get stakes to try to prop them up but due to branching it will be nearly impossible to get to the back plants to put rocks/hydroton or other weighted product in the areas I need... I dont even know if I will be able to get the stakes in the correct position...

This sucks they were growing soooo good...

Ok large home built DIY large bed made from landscape cloth so there is no way to move stuff around. I’m thinking maybe the fabric container or pvc support broke loose in back or something like that.

Is there a way to open up the back side of your enclosure? maybe perlite or soil shifted and plants tumbled? Even if there is no door maybe cut that panda film or whatever material is used for your enclosure so you can get to the back if its not up against a wall or cut your way in from the side. You can reseal any cuts with duct tape

They will be fine keep them wet and try to stake them if they do not wilt your going to be fine. Now you know it's better to leave room to access the whole grow then it is to make it full with no way to get to them if things go wrong.
Anything over 4 feet limits access to the center. Got that 30 years or so ago from "Square foot gardening". Indoors, I run a 4X4 foot SCROG against a wall, and my greenhouse has 4 plants each filling about a 4X8 foot SCROG each.

I believe I found the issue.....It really is weird....

So I started workin on stakin up a couple, it was a jungle so I couldnt do it well so it was either let all die or pull some.....

As I started pulling I was thinking man these roots arent very dense...lots of small roots spread out....

What I figured out I think...Roots were searching for food and water and would find enough so they looked fine till they found no more and instantly drooped.... All my grows the leaves would droop but not this one....no leaf droop and since I just watered last night I was thinking there is no way they were thirsty but upon removal of some plants, the soil was dry all the way down!!

I am thinking because I had my vpd in check they were pulling moisture from the air but i turn off humidifiers at night so I think their thirst was just too much and the thin stalks just got rubbery and they bent down.

We will see in a couple hours what happens, I watered them really good, but had to use straight hose water or let them be dry for longer and could not do that, they were leaning for over 12hrs!!!

So now with this setup I cant use leaves as a que to water...

Fingers crossed....

Glad to see that you might have found the cause for the problem. By the sounds of it you will know in a day or two.

The local grow stores had low supplies of bamboo stakes last week. As one owner put it, it is a seller's market right now. Probably many growers, indoor and out, needing to stake up plants that are weeks away from harvest.

Grow =

SOG

8x12 room
2000w HID
14000 btu a/c
1500w oil filled heater
70 pint dehumidifier

VPD is on par

Plants are just setting into flower, got their fuzzy white hats on, were looking healthy, had a pest problem (aphids) but the thousands of lady bugs and defoliating any leaves with evidence seems to have taken care of that issue...

Top of soil was dry, let the garden dry some more, plants were praying to the light the entire grow, only had a couple plants which showed what seemed to be a nute issue but not too major, nothing strange just whatever, didnt bother me just needed a little nute correction.....

After watering last night, I saw no issues for a few hours so everything should have been ok, plants still looking good, praying and then I went to bed.

My plants in the back towards the wall are laying down, like the roots just lost hold.

I think my soil has too much Perlite and now is too loose to keep my plants upright.

Is that possible?

The plants are 4ft tall.... I cant really get to the back ones without taking out the front, if I have to put into buckets at this point I cant, I have no way to give them light and not nearly enough room for the number of buckets I might need.

Help Please

0925201001[1].jpg
0908202048_HDR[1].jpg

[/QUOte)
Do you know for a fact, that they're not in need of water?

Grow =

SOG

8x12 room
2000w HID
14000 btu a/c
1500w oil filled heater
70 pint dehumidifier

VPD is on par

Is that possible?

Help Please

0925201001[1].jpg
0908202048_HDR[1].jpg
Sounds like you figured it out. But you really need to be able to have access to your plants. You need to be able to spot problems before they become irreversible.

Back
Top Bottom