Emmie's Organic Kosher Daddy, 2020

Veg, Day 14

I can't keep water in these cups any longer, the plants easily sucked them dry in less than 24 hours, or at least most of them. The small ones were not quite as well as developed as the big ones, root wise, but given a couple of more days they would have. I forgot how good Happy Frog was at growing roots!

DSCF8411.JPG

They have been packed into my favorite hard sided 3/4 gallon containers, which are shorter and wider than the cloth bags and make for good uppotting the next time into a 5 gallon final.

Having less lighting needs at the moment than their big cousins sitting presently under the veg light, they will fit right in under the others, enjoying 7000 LUX at the bottom of the canopy. If the largest plants are all males, I have a 50/50 spread... time will tell.

DSCF8412.JPG
Hey those ones in smaller pots, are you going to finish them up in those?

Are you sexing plants atm to?
I will when it is possible. I plan on picking my strongest male to harvest some pollen from, and then will pollinate one branch of one of the female plants to get more seeds. Just looking at the size of the plants so far, and knowing that males grow fastest so they can mature first, I am guessing already that I have 3 males and 3 females.

Hey those ones in smaller pots, are you going to finish them up in those?
Those in the smaller pots ARE the Kosher Daddies... the larger pots are other strains. Heavens no, I would never try to finish out a plant in a 3/4 gallon container. The females will end up in 5 gallon cloth bags... the males will be executed before they reach that stage.

Just looking at the size of the plants so far, and knowing that males grow fastest so they can mature first, I am guessing already that I have 3 males and 3 females.

Yes you are correct :) how are the wrinkles in the leaf's, starting to disappear?

I will when it is possible. I plan on picking my strongest male to harvest some pollen from, and then will pollinate one branch of one of the female plants to get more seeds. Just looking at the size of the plants so far, and knowing that males grow fastest so they can mature first, I am guessing already that I have 3 males and 3 females.
I got a question. How long into flowering do I need to spread this pollen on a branch? And how long til a male spreads pollen or is ready to take pollen from?
Thank you.

I got a question. How long into flowering do I need to spread this pollen on a branch? And how long til a male spreads pollen or is ready to take pollen from?
Thank you.
Reason I'm asking is because I'm attempting this because I think I'm ready for this next step. And have you ever used silver to make a seed?

Thank you.
The males ripen first. Their whole purpose is to develop their little male flowers and push out the pollen into the wind, just prior to the females coming into season and showing their brand new pistils. Therefore, in an indoor grow tent is is imperative to identify and isolate the males as soon as they show themselves, so that they can be removed from the area... accidents can and do happen.
The way I do this is that upon isolating the guys, all but one is immediately killed and turned into compost and that lone survivor goes to another part of the house or the garage, so as to completely isolate the dude. After he gets going real good he will be throwing pollen everywhere, and I bend a few branches down over a paper plate and shake well, so as to end up with a pile of pollen on that plate. To make the pollen easier to work with, and to provide a means for the pollen to adhere only where I want it to be, I dilute the pollen 50/50 with plain white flour.
Once he is out of the area and no more pollen is flying around, I bring a female down into the area (in case of accidents) and I paint the pollen/flour mix onto one branch, doing the first 3 bud sites on that branch, carefully making sure not to spill the pollen onto another branch. Some people put that branch into a zip down baggie zipped as far as it can go with the branch sticking in there, and they introduce the pollen into that environment, shaking well to coat that branch in un diluted pollen. However you do it, within 24 hours you should notice some of the pistils folding back and even changing colors, indicating that they have been pollinated. At this point, use a spray bottle to mist down the entire area, making sure to get all of the pollen on that branch wet. Once pollen gets wet, it is dead. Wait another day to be sure that it took, and move your pollinated girl back to the bloom room. Each branch that you do this to should result in 200-300 seeds.

Reason I'm asking is because I'm attempting this because I think I'm ready for this next step. And have you ever used silver to make a seed?
yes, this is one method you have available to you to go about convincing a female plant to change sex where it is sprayed, and pollinate itself. I find that overgrowing the plant, by allowing it to go a month past harvest time, will also force most any weed into pollinating itself and producing seed, and I find that method a lot more reliable than Colloidal silver to produce seeds.

The males ripen first. Their whole purpose is to develop their little male flowers and push out the pollen into the wind, just prior to the females coming into season and showing their brand new pistils. Therefore, in an indoor grow tent is is imperative to identify and isolate the males as soon as they show themselves, so that they can be removed from the area... accidents can and do happen.
The way I do this is that upon isolating the guys, all but one is immediately killed and turned into compost and that lone survivor goes to another part of the house or the garage, so as to completely isolate the dude. After he gets going real good he will be throwing pollen everywhere, and I bend a few branches down over a paper plate and shake well, so as to end up with a pile of pollen on that plate. To make the pollen easier to work with, and to provide a means for the pollen to adhere only where I want it to be, I dilute the pollen 50/50 with plain white flour.
Once he is out of the area and no more pollen is flying around, I bring a female down into the area (in case of accidents) and I paint the pollen/flour mix onto one branch, doing the first 3 bud sites on that branch, carefully making sure not to spill the pollen onto another branch. Some people put that branch into a zip down baggie zipped as far as it can go with the branch sticking in there, and they introduce the pollen into that environment, shaking well to coat that branch in un diluted pollen. However you do it, within 24 hours you should notice some of the pistils folding back and even changing colors, indicating that they have been pollinated. At this point, use a spray bottle to mist down the entire area, making sure to get all of the pollen on that branch wet. Once pollen gets wet, it is dead. Wait another day to be sure that it took, and move your pollinated girl back to the bloom room. Each branch that you do this to should result in 200-300 seeds.
I gotcha. How long does it spot pollen for? I probably want to only take what I want the first shot then cut him down? I'm guessing.

yes, this is one method you have available to you to go about convincing a female plant to change sex where it is sprayed, and pollinate itself. I find that overgrowing the plant, by allowing it to go a month past harvest time, will also force most any weed into pollinating itself and producing seed, and I find that method a lot more reliable than Colloidal silver to produce seeds.
So are you saying if I just let my auto go it will start to Hermie?
That works with photos as well?

How about of I were to change my lights back to 24/0? Would that do it as well after it been budding for about 8 weeks?

I have never tried it with autos... but it works all the time with photos
How about of I were to change my lights back to 24/0? Would that do it as well after it been budding for about 8 weeks?
I don't know really, if a photo period plant didn't die from the sudden change the plant would try to revert back to veg mode, the opposite of making seeds. This is called re-vegging... but I m not sure that you can make an auto do that.

I have never tried it with autos... but it works all the time with photos

I don't know really, if a photo period plant didn't die from the sudden change the plant would try to revert back to veg mode, the opposite of making seeds. This is called re-vegging... but I m not sure that you can make an auto do that.
Yeah me neither. I mean is it possible to overgrow an auto to make seeds? The light will not effect an auto. It just keeps budding.

Back
Top Bottom