Emmie's Organic Kosher Daddy, 2020

I didnt get pictures yet, but all the plants needed watering and while doing that I inspected for any signs of sex. Two of them, one tall one and one medium sized, both show signs of early development, and this will likely be my males. I will sit down and get pictures of what I am seeing after a while... but I still have some things that need to get done up there because I am tired of the mess.

I just hung one door that my helper couldn't seem to figure out because he didn't square the door jam, just leveled it. I fixed the mistake and got the door hung level. There is a drawback to supplying your workers with strong pot while they are on the job. I am tired of waiting... I will hang the last door this afternoon too. Dad is coming over in a while, I will let him watch me work with the skill saw, cutting down that last door a couple of inches... I can see that it makes him proud to watch me do construction work like he taught me.

There is a drawback to supplying your workers with strong pot while they are on the job.
:rofl: this is so true.

I will hang the last door this afternoon too.
Sometimes this is more rewarding doing it yourself, or the difference to having it done right and in timely fashion. :rofl:

Good luck Emily :goodluck:

I had a chance to snap a couple of pictures of the preflower sites that have popped up on two of the KD's. I can't spot any on any of the others... could we have 4 females? Time will tell.

DSCF8478.JPG
DSCF8477.JPG

Lookin good em ,) I'm sure your garden rooms are coming together nicely now and your plants are all growing very well ,)

your 100% right about it being too early to know for sure if male/females here...

I'm not tryin to be a downer here but to me both look like they will be male... only for 2 reasons.

#1 they are the first to show any signs of sex and likely the biggest/tallest.
#2 I circled what might be the start of balls.

Although, I could be completely wrong, so dont take my word for it, I 'll still hope you get 3 fems and 1 male lol

What's the pointed thing protruding from the circles I made called again? Where the pre sex pistols usually shoot out of?

20200920_062921.jpg

20200920_062950.jpg

We did determine last night that we have an exact 50/50 mix, 3 males and 3 females. The size of the plants seemed to have no correlation whatsoever. One of the males is definitely bigger than the others and he will most likely be our pollen donor. In the next few days, probably over the weekend, we will cull the other two males and send this one off to some special place out of the grow area to do his thing. The females are going to need to be transplanted soon too.

We did determine last night that we have an exact 50/50 mix, 3 males and 3 females. The size of the plants seemed to have no correlation whatsoever. One of the males is definitely bigger than the others and he will most likely be our pollen donor. In the next few days, probably over the weekend, we will cull the other two males and send this one off to some special place out of the grow area to do his thing. The females are going to need to be transplanted soon too.

Very nice. Awesome stuff. Ps. Buddy of mine has KD growin outside right now, the buds are turning deep purple with the cooler night's ;)

Mine are getting very close to chop down day ;)
Will try to get some more photos up...

I was just up looking at these before I popped in here to check mail... I have just banished the 3 boys to the back porch... 2 of them are just about ready to burst. One of the females has a pistil, not sure about the other two yet... but they are all in need of transplanting... and with a little bit of coordination, that will happen tonight.

I was just up looking at these before I popped in here to check mail... I have just banished the 3 boys to the back porch... 2 of them are just about ready to burst. One of the females has a pistil, not sure about the other two yet... but they are all in need of transplanting... and with a little bit of coordination, that will happen tonight.

Dammm. Glad you seen the boys and moved them outside. Controlled pollination is key.
I'm excited to see how well they can grow for you. You always have awesome plants.
I just added more new photos of my grow also ,)

Those in the smaller pots ARE the Kosher Daddies... the larger pots are other strains. Heavens no, I would never try to finish out a plant in a 3/4 gallon container. The females will end up in 5 gallon cloth bags... the males will be executed before they reach that stage.
Executed? Wow. Add me to the list. Lol on executed.

Executed? Wow. Add me to the list. Lol on executed.
lol... yes, summarily. One is still thinking it has escaped and it sits happy for now on the bbq grill, awaiting its fate. Enjoy the sun tomorrow little monster... enjoy.

One was grabbed by its trunk and yanked out of the soil, just to see how strong the roots were, and it now lays soilless and helpless horizontally on the grill table.

The last one, was bent and then twisted about 6 inches up from the soil trying to disconnect it from life, but in partial failure the mangled trunk now only allows him it look up at the solitary still standing pollen donor as this mangled soon to be a corpse, lays there, partly on the table and partly still connected to the soil. I suspect that these two rejects will redouble their efforts to spew forth, now after their abuse, trying to beat the well connected miscreant who remains standing tall in completing their prime directive. We shall see. We have high drama, mayhem and murder, all happening on my back porch right now... if only they could scream. :rofl:

C
lol... yes, summarily. One is still thinking it has escaped and it sits happy for now on the bbq grill, awaiting its fate. Enjoy the sun tomorrow little monster... enjoy.

One was grabbed by its trunk and yanked out of the soil, just to see how strong the roots were, and it now lays soilless and helpless horizontally on the grill table.

The last one, was bent and then twisted about 6 inches up from the soil trying to disconnect it from life, but in partial failure the mangled trunk now only allows him it look up at the solitary still standing pollen donor as this mangled soon to be a corpse, lays there, partly on the table and partly still connected to the soil. I suspect that these two rejects will redouble their efforts to spew forth, now after their abuse, trying to beat the well connected miscreant who remains standing tall in completing their prime directive. We shall see. We have high drama, mayhem and murder, all happening on my back porch right now... if only they could scream. :rofl:
Cruel cruel woman to those poor plants . :ganjamon:

Here they are... the proud trio of females, ready to do their part. Once we have some pollen, I will take our biggest girl outside, and to train my young apprentice we will do the pollen in a baggie trick, and attempt to pollinate one branch. I have spotted at least one set of pistils so far, the rest are not far behind... these girls are ready to go. Tomorrow they need to be transplanted to 5 gallon containers as we are starting to see some complaints in the lower leaves showing that they are becoming root bound. Water use is off the scale... we are watering every day until we get them in bigger containers. That would have happened this evening, but we needed to pause in order to sterilize some of my old supersoil before we put it in the bottoms of 7 containers, these and the Durbans.

So tonight we bake soil in our new air fryer convection oven and we make the whole house smell like soil. There are worse things, and luckily Ms. J. agrees.
DSCF8491.JPG
DSCF8490.JPG

This is Deep! Slightly Dark! I Lov it.

2 of our suspected females are showing pistils, but one is not. She is also not showing anything else going on, so for now she got transplanted with her sisters into 5 gallon containers. These plants are going to be ridiculously tall I am afraid, and we will be moving them to the bloom room in one week. Tonight they got watered and got the next hit of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG.

DSCF8497.JPG
DSCF8496.JPG
DSCF8495.JPG
DSCF8494.JPG

Back
Top Bottom