Emmie's Organic Kosher Daddy, 2020

Veg, Day 39

The male KDs outside are hanging in there, the chopped one has wilted in death, the magled trunk dude is still living, and still looking up at his tall brother, and still trying to develop his nasty male flowers. He is not doing any better or any worse than the tall freeloader, who is developing lots of flower sites now and who after the rains in the next 3 days and today, should start spewing, forthwith.

The ones in the veg room are all showing pistils now, so that is over... and when their week in the new containers is over, they will be moved next door to the bloom room.

DSCF8505.JPG

Very nice. You just let your plant grow naturally no tie downs or topping ect? Cool ;)
When you are ultimately running a sea of green operation in the bloom room, it makes sense to run them through the system as quickly as possible, not slowing anything down because of a desire to train them into something more than they naturally want to be. This way I can also be sure that every bud is of the very best quality that plant is capable of giving.

KD got moved to the bloom room today, so tomorrow will be the first day of transition. Two of the three are clearly female, but the third one is being very reluctant to give up the goods and makes me wonder if my eyesight is starting to go as I look for pistils. She has a bright red marker sitting on top of her soil so I don't lose sight of her, and we will keep watching to make sure we don't have a big accident in the bloom room.

They all got watered today and now we see how they do under the big light. For the first time since we started this, the big veg light has been taken offline.

DSCF8535.JPG

Our third KD has finally shown her pistils on the 2nd day of transition, so the armed guards and the wilderbeasts have been called off and she will be allowed to stay in the room. Judging by the tall one who is stretching to beat the band already, the new 4' tall tomato cages have been put in place.

DSCF8543.JPG

I am still not sure what I think of these new plastic and steel snap together cages, but they do look like they will serve for quite a while. If the containers were any smaller than 5 gal, these would not fit in the soil, but as they are, they seem fairly strong. I also got 325' of gardener's wire on a spool with this 3 pack, and 9 funky plastic plant clips that I am not sure yet how I will use. All is looking good in the bloom room, and everyone seems to be on about a 3 day watering cycle. The calendar has been updated to automatically fill in the day of the grow each week along with the bi-weekly feeding times so that I don't lose track, and at the end of each of the grows, the calendar will show me the harvest window.

DSCF8542.JPG

1601844912163.png

Bloom, Day 2

Daddys all started officially blooming yesterday but they were way in the back of the room and I was too lazy to get in there to get the shot. Today was watering and feeding day however, so everyone got scooted around.

DSCF8557.JPG

The pollen is starting to drop down in the mud room, and I will get pictures of that after a while. Not only will I be pollinating one of these girls, but I am also going to pollinate one branch of one of our Durban Poisons, using that very stable strain to produce Poison Daddys... one that I will absolutely have to grow out to see what happens.

These plants are definitely tall, and one of them has already just about reached the top rung in the 4' tomato cage. I suspect I will be very glad that I bound them up before the buds all start to get heavy.

Bloom, Day 2

Daddys all started officially blooming yesterday but they were way in the back of the room and I was too lazy to get in there to get the shot. Today was watering and feeding day however, so everyone got scooted around.

DSCF8557.JPG

The pollen is starting to drop down in the mud room, and I will get pictures of that after a while. Not only will I be pollinating one of these girls, but I am also going to pollinate one branch of one of our Durban Poisons, using that very stable strain to produce Poison Daddys... one that I will absolutely have to grow out to see what happens.

These plants are definitely tall, and one of them has already just about reached the top rung in the 4' tomato cage. I suspect I will be very glad that I bound them up before the buds all start to get heavy.

YESSSSSSSS. SOO Excited to see "Posion Daddy" Haha even sounds bad A$$...

Awesome job Em, I always look forward to your posts...

The KD I choped down 2 days ago, around 90 ish days in, smell super nice and fruity. Love it.
I can't wait to see what these turn into, because all three of them are going to be monsters.

I am hoping that the same genetics that has shortened our Durban Poison is going to do the same for this long legged girl when we cross pollinate the two lines into Poison Daddy. I suspect that the resulting plants will be shorter and easier to deal with. I also still have yet to see how KD responds to training, as I start working the clones into the next run. It all should be very interesting, since I enjoy working with new varieties and then adjusting to whatever results.

The pollen collection is in its last stages. One plant was left outside (the mangled one) so that he could further develop, and tonight I chopped the dominant buds (3 of them) from him and brought them inside to sit on the foil overnight. The resulting pollen pile in the morning will be bits from each of the plants, so we have taken no care in selecting the best male.

There is already around a half tablespoon of pollen sitting on the foil and by morning we should add to that significantly. The plan then is to make two piles, and put each into a sandwich baggie for later application, and then for now, I will put both of those into a gallon sized zip lock baggie to store them for a bit in the refrigerator. About a week into bloom, I will bring one of the females down to do the dirty deed, and I will bring a Durban along with her, to join in on the fun.

Here is the pollen collection lab (our washing machine) as of this evening:
DSCF8568.JPG
DSCF8566.JPG

DSCF8570.JPG
The collecting of the pollen is done. We ended up with about a tablespoon of the stuff after shaking out the buds this morning. There is more to be had if we wanted to wait for it, but this should be sufficient for our purposes this time.
DSCF8569.JPG

The pile was split in two and divided between two sandwich baggies. These will be twist tied to a branch on two receptor plants, and then shaken so as to distribute the pollen in its buds inside that baggie.
DSCF8571.JPG

For now, the baggies have been sealed into a quart sized ziplock bag, and they have been stored in the refrigerator. Pollination will take place in about a week... I want the blooming to get going really well first.

DSCF8572.JPG

Bloom, Day 5
Here are a couple of quick shots of our tallest Kosher Daddy... She can stop stretching any time now...

DSCF8583.JPG
DSCF8582.JPG

My friend who gave me the original Genetics for Jew Gold 1974 only grows outside, so hes gonna be happy next summer for sure growing Kosher Daddys lol

You can always just chop off the top cola only, this will ensure vertical heights are limited ...

I know you typically dont do this, but sometimes ya gotta do something terrible now to ensure positive results later on...

Cant wait to see Posion Daddy in the making, I'm sure that the Genitics mix will help keep the PDs at a "More Normal" heights in general...

Hopefully KD is "Barking" up more and limps are getting stiffer as to help hold the large colas that its gonna be holding up ;) Great job on all your grows Em. I'm always excited to see your progres...

Bloom, Day 12

This morning we ended the pollination method described in the Durban Poison thread, using a baggie and a squirt bottle. I will post the pictures of the pollinated Kosher Daddy buds here, where they belong. This plant was pollinated on day 10-11 and put back in the bloom room this morning right before the lights came on. She has clearly been pollinated, and these three buds should easily produce a couple of hundred seeds.

DSCF8610.JPG
DSCF8609.JPG
DSCF8608.JPG

Bloom, Day 12

This morning we ended the pollination method described in the Durban Poison thread, using a baggie and a squirt bottle. I will post the pictures of the pollinated Kosher Daddy buds here, where they belong. This plant was pollinated on day 10-11 and put back in the bloom room this morning right before the lights came on. She has clearly been pollinated, and these three buds should easily produce a couple of hundred seeds.

DSCF8610.JPG
DSCF8609.JPG
DSCF8608.JPG

Kosher Daddy lives ;)

Bloom, Day 17

KD's have now achieved their final height, and they are all mostly tall and well utilizing their new high tech 4' tomato cages. They have produced a large amount of buds, not real long connected bud sets and not a lot of trichome production. They do look like they still have a lot of potential though and we have our eyes on this ancient line.

The one that has been pollinated on one branch is definitely doing something different on that branch and I will get some pictures of the fertilized buds soon. Tonight I mainly wanted you to see the sizes they have achieved and their overall strength and happiness.
DSCF8665.JPG
DSCF8664.JPG
DSCF8663.JPG
DSCF8662.JPG

Back
Top Bottom