Emmie's Organic Kosher Daddy, 2020

I'm sure the cool air you had temporarily in your grow space likely helped all your strains to get some beautiful colors kicking into high gear... You always make the plants look so freakin yummy.
Thank you, but some colors indicate there is a problem. That was the purpose of this first grow though, to iron out some of these problems.

The KD's are at 51 days right now and as mentioned before, the tallest one could convince someone in a hurry to harvest her right now... the buds are tight and compact and covered in trichomes. Looking under the leaves reveals a very distinct and yummy looking purple highlighted with the red pistils... she is looking very regal and very impressive... but today I looked closely at the trichomes. Yes, there are some amber ones to be found... but I am convinced that she can do much better. This one might accurately finish in her harvest window... but I am not in any hurry if she wants to go longer. If you look very closely, you will see a few purple trichomes here and there... I want to see more of those!

Tonight, I give you today's study in trichomes at the top of the plant around various juicy looking buds:

2020-11-28-174152.jpg
2020-11-28-174158.jpg
2020-11-28-174208.jpg
2020-11-28-174217.jpg
2020-11-28-174245.jpg
2020-11-28-174321.jpg
2020-11-28-174354.jpg

Bloom, Day 55
We reach the harvest window for these girls in a week, and this one, the tallest, looks like she might be ready by then. She has chunked out to a large extent and hardly any white pistils are showing... but I am still waiting for more amber and purple trichomes.
DSCF8818.JPG
Wonderful looking plant Em ;) You have done an excellent job on all your grows. Very detailed info and photos... I really like this photo ;) So this will be closer to 60 days from flip essentially with more amber tricombs.?

Wonderful looking plant Em ;) You have done an excellent job on all your grows. Very detailed info and photos... I really like this photo ;) So this will be closer to 60 days from flip essentially with more amber tricombs.?
I almost convinced myself tonight that the tall and mostly purple one is done. She appears to be starting to go into overgrow, and looks like if I keep her much longer she is going to hermi. The other two are not that advanced and they may go another week or so... but this one is probably going to be pulled in the next day or so

DSCF8828.JPG
DSCF8827.JPG
DSCF8825.JPG
DSCF8824.JPG

DSCF8827.JPG

Your photos make me jealous haha, Next time I grow KD it's going full size... Looks amazing. Hows the smell?
Intoxicating! She has a very strong fuel and fruity smell to her. I Chopped this big one tonight, got her washed trimmed and hanging up to dry. There is not so much purple as there is red and pink under the leaves and deep in the buds. The bud washing really brightened up these colors too.. this is going to be some very pretty bag appeal pot. The other two are still building, but I am betting that they will be finishing up in this next week too, but they are going to look completely different once trimmed. It was 84 in the room a while ago and the heat has really accelerated things. Pictures tomorrow... too much happening tonight. This one weighed in at 359.8g, or 2.86 oz dry.

Intoxicating! She has a very strong fuel and fruity smell to her. I Chopped this big one tonight, got her washed trimmed and hanging up to dry. There is not so much purple as there is red and pink under the leaves and deep in the buds. The bud washing really brightened up these colors too.. this is going to be some very pretty bag appeal pot. The other two are still building, but I am betting that they will be finishing up in this next week too, but they are going to look completely different once trimmed. It was 84 in the room a while ago and the heat has really accelerated things. Pictures tomorrow... too much happening tonight. This one weighed in at 359.8g, or 2.86 oz dry.
This is what I had experienced when I grew out the "mini version" of KD... I'm super thrilled that she has turned out to be a wonderful strain to grow ;)

Hope your night is chill and good for you.

I'll be patiently waiting for future photos.

Cure that bud and may KD bring you make happy moments.

OMG
First of all, this bud is beautiful and is a credit to the organic @GeoFlora Nutrients grow system. This plant has expressed itself in full glory, and this is going to be some beautiful bag appeal pot when it gets finished. I of course have about 4 little test buds that fell off during the cleaning/washing/hanging process and I forced one of the pretty little things into a bong this evening to see if I could tell what she was going to taste like. What blew me away was the strength of the high that resulted from a few hits on this bowl. Wow. This is going to be some AAA quality pot. It's sisters look different, but I bet they are going to be good too. This one is special. If you grow this out (full sized) try to find this tall and dark phenotype... I think it is going to be well worth finding and reproducing.
Here are some pictures as she sits still drying from the wash in a bathroom. When she gets just a little dryer, I will put her in the 2x2 tent for a slower dry for a few days before we move to paper sacks.

DSCF8843.JPG
DSCF8842.JPG
DSCF8841.JPG
DSCF8840.JPG
DSCF8838.JPG

OMG
First of all, this bud is beautiful and is a credit to the organic @GeoFlora Nutrients grow system. This plant has expressed itself in full glory, and this is going to be some beautiful bag appeal pot when it gets finished. I of course have about 4 little test buds that fell off during the cleaning/washing/hanging process and I forced one of the pretty little things into a bong this evening to see if I could tell what she was going to taste like. What blew me away was the strength of the high that resulted from a few hits on this bowl. Wow. This is going to be some AAA quality pot. It's sisters look different, but I bet they are going to be good too. This one is special. If you grow this out (full sized) try to find this tall and dark phenotype... I think it is going to be well worth finding and reproducing.
Here are some pictures as she sits still drying from the wash in a bathroom. When she gets just a little dryer, I will put her in the 2x2 tent for a slower dry for a few days before we move to paper sacks.

DSCF8843.JPG
DSCF8842.JPG
DSCF8841.JPG
DSCF8840.JPG
DSCF8838.JPG
course have about 4 little test buds that fell off
Hahaha.. I'm happy this strain has made the cut ;)

It is always instructive for me to go back and look at my opening post pictures of the way the strain is supposed to look at finish. In this thread we opened with pictures of the two parents, the GDP and the KK. Looking at those two pictures were mind blowing tonight as I can clearly see that in this one just harvested, we got a strong reference to the Grand Daddy Purple strain, while the two left in the bloom room look just like the Kosher Kush. Not every pairing is going to result in a blend of the two varieties and here we may just keep seeing random repeats of both parents until we stabilize this new variety against one of the two parents or their downline. It will be interesting to see what results from the F2 seeds that I have just created, and which parent they favor.... and same with the Poison Daddy. Stabilizing against a landrace strain should also give us clues as to which lineage our male pollen came from, but to further complicate this experiment, remember that I mixed the pollen of two males. We still don't know what we have here. Isn't genetics fun?!

It is always instructive for me to go back and look at my opening post pictures of the way the strain is supposed to look at finish. In this thread we opened with pictures of the two parents, the GDP and the KK. Looking at those two pictures were mind blowing tonight as I can clearly see that in this one just harvested, we got a strong reference to the Grand Daddy Purple strain, while the two left in the bloom room look just like the Kosher Kush. Not every pairing is going to result in a blend of the two varieties and here we may just keep seeing random repeats of both parents until we stabilize this new variety against one of the two parents or their downline. It will be interesting to see what results from the F2 seeds that I have just created, and which parent they favor.... and same with the Poison Daddy. Stabilizing against a landrace strain should also give us clues as to which lineage our male pollen came from, but to further complicate this experiment, remember that I mixed the pollen of two males. We still don't know what we have here. Isn't genetics fun?!
Love genetics its actually interesting and fun and I really forgot about the 2 fathers lmao this is like a plant version of Jerry Springer show hahaha... Pheno hunting will be fun too. It's also possible to make 2 stable genetic lines, one that favors GDP and the other KD. Esp if both phenos end up being knockouts. Kosher Daddy Senor and the other Kosher Daddy Jr hahaha. Woah. Lots of work.

Further reading provides this tidbit of information as well as an explanation as to what we have seen in the bloom room.

GDP is a 60 day finishing plant, while KK is a long running 10 week indica, which is how she picks up the 29% THC levels. Exactly this is being seen here.... the purple one that will taste like grape soda when cured out, got done first, while the Kosher Kush knockoffs are taking their sweet time to finish up, sitting right now at 60 days with no amber trichomes.

Further reading provides this tidbit of information as well as an explanation as to what we have seen in the bloom room.

GDP is a 60 day finishing plant, while KK is a long running 10 week indica, which is how she picks up the 29% THC levels. Exactly this is being seen here.... the purple one that will taste like grape soda when cured out, got done first, while the Kosher Kush knockoffs are taking their sweet time to finish up, sitting right now at 60 days with no amber trichomes.
Wonderful Em.. You must read as much or maybe even more then I do ,) I'm convinced we can actually pheno hunt for both varieties of KD so we can fully enjoy both parents side of genetics.

Wonderful Em.. You must read as much or maybe even more then I do ,) I'm convinced we can actually pheno hunt for both varieties of KD so we can fully enjoy both parents side of genetics.
Have you had any tester tastes?

yes, we are definitely starting to taste a grape soda, at least that is what everyone thinks it is going to be. Still too much green in there to tell for sure.
Still very exciting though. Ohh I got my microscope today,)

Back
Top Bottom